The Residence Inn by Marriott Orlando at SeaWorld is an extended stay type of hotel property that is located within a half mile from SeaWorld Orlando. The property itself consists of a single building that features 350 studio, one- and two-bedroom suites that include full kitchens and a separate living area.
This hotel enjoys a central location in the Orlando tourist directly and is not only a short distance to SeaWorld, it is close to the Orlando / Orange County Convention Center as well as the restaurants & attractions along International Drive. Walt Disney World and the Universal Orlando Resort are both less than 30 minutes from the Residence Inn.
Hotel amenities are adequate for a property of this price point and include a resort style pool with beach entry, whirlpool tub, sports court, fitness center, poolside bar & grill, a lobby marketplace and an on-site vacation planning help desk.
Frequently Asked Questions – Residence Inn
What are the hotel rates at Residence Inn Orlando at SeaWorld?
Hotel rates at the Residence Inn Orlando at SeaWorld are fairly affordable and typically range from less than $100 per night to around $200 per night depending on the time of year and the room type. See our price chart below for specific rates.
Is the Residence Inn Orlando at SeaWorld close to the theme parks and the convention center?
The Residence Inn Orlando at SeaWorld is one-half mile to SeaWorld Orlando, approximately two miles to the Orlando / Orange County Convention Center and about 10 miles to Universal Orlando and Walt Disney World.
Is there a Resort Fee or Parking Charge at the Residence Inn Orlando at SeaWorld?
There are no Resort Fees at The Residence Inn Orlando at SeaWorld. Self-parking costs $15.00 per night for hotel guests.
Does the Residence Inn Orlando at SeaWorld have a pool and other amenities?
The Residence Inn Orlando at SeaWorld features a resort style pool with Jacuzzi tub, fitness center, outdoor sports court, barbecue grills, a fire pit and on-site vacation planning desk.
What are the food & beverage options at the Residence Inn Orlando at SeaWorld?
There is a poolside restaurant called Castaway Bar & Grill at the Residence Inn Orlando at SeaWorld. The hotel also features a complimentary breakfast and a on-site marketplace to purchase drinks and snacks.
What is the check-in and check-out time at Residence Inn Orlando at SeaWorld?
The check in-time at the Residence Inn Orlando at SeaWorld is 4:00 pm and check out time is at 11:00 am.
Does Residence Inn Orlando at SeaWorld provide transportation to the theme parks?
The Residence Inn Orlando at SeaWorld features complimentary shuttle transportation to SeaWorld Orlando.
What is the pet policy at the Residence Inn Orlando at SeaWorld?
The Residence Inn Orlando at SeaWorld allows up to 2 pets per room with a $150 per night non-refundable fee. Pets are required to be 30 pounds or less.
Are there smoking rooms at the Residence Inn Orlando at SeaWorld?
The Residence Inn Orlando at SeaWorld is a smoke-free hotel.
About the Residence Inn Orlando at SeaWorld
The Residence Inn Orlando at SeaWorld originally opened in 2002 and was last renovated in 2011. This property is fairly well located near SeaWorld Orlando and is close to other International Drive area attractions as we as several of Orlando’s major shopping & entertainment destinations.
Residence Inn by Marriott Orlando at SeaWorld
11000 Westwood Boulevard
Orlando, Florida 32821
It will take about 15 to 20 minutes to get to The Residence Inn from the Orlando International Airport and less than five minutes to get to the Orlando / Orange County Convention Center.
There is a rear entrance to the convention center to the rear parking area just off Westwood Boulevard which runs just behind the hotel itself. Therefore, convention visitors will be able bypass all the traffic off International Drive.
The Orlando area theme parks are also a short distance to the hotel and per Google Maps, travel time is as follows (non-peak hours):
- SeaWorld Orlando: Just a few blocks away
- Aquatica at SeaWorld: 5 minutes (just around the block from SeaWorld)
- Universal Orlando Resort: 14 to 18 minutes.
- The Magic Kingdom Park at the Walt Disney World Resort: 16 to 23 minutes.
- EPCOT at the Walt Disney World Resort: 16 to 19 minutes.
- Disney’s Hollywood Studios at the Walt Disney World Resort: 16 to 22 minutes.
- Disney’s Animal Kingdom at the Walt Disney World Resort: 14 to 22 minutes.
- Disney Springs at the Walt Disney World Resort: 12 to 19 minutes.
- Downtown Orlando: 24 to 28 minutes.
Official SeaWorld Hotel
The Residence Inn Orlando at SeaWorld is also an “Official SeaWorld Hotel” which offers a number of benefits including:
- Complimentary Parking at SeaWorld and Aquatica
- Complimentary access to the SeaWorld Rescue Tour
- 10% off dining at SeaWorld, Aquatica and Discovery Cove
- 10% off merchandise purchase of $50.00 or more at SeaWorld, Aquatica and Discovery Cove
- Priority Entry to SeaWorld and Aquatica (select dates)
If your plan is to visit all three Orlando area theme parks (Disney, Universal and SeaWorld) during your vacation, The Residence Inn Orlando at SeaWorld is a very good spot as it is centrally located among all three destinations.
Amenities at The Residence Inn Orlando at SeaWorld
The Residence Inn is a value based hotel so while it may not have all the features of a full service resort, it does not lack on amenities.
- Resort Pool Area: There is a fairly large resort style pool with beach entry and Jacuzzi tub. There is also adequate patio seating surrounding the pool.
- Fitness Center: The hotel features an exercise room that includes cardio as well as strength training equipment.
- Sports Court: At the rear of the property next to the pool is a sports court which features a basketball hoop.
- Barbecue Grills: There are several barbecue grills with patio seating where guests can cook their own meals.
- On-site Vacation Planning Desk: Guests can get their theme tickets at the hotel and avoid the lines at the park.
- Complimentary WIFI: WIFI is free throughout the guest rooms and common areas. According to Speedtest.net, we achieved a download speed of 28.64 Mbps during our stay. Enhanced WIFI is offered for an additional charge.
- Grocery Service: There is a complimentary grocery service where the hotel does the shopping for you.
- Lobby Marketplace: Grab-and-go marketplace featuring snacks, drinks and sundries.
The Rooms at The Residence Inn Orlando at SeaWorld
There are a number of differing rooms types at the Residence Inn. Details on the suites at the hotel are as follows:
- Studio suite with one Queen bed
- Studio suite with one Queen bed and a pool view
- Studio suite with two Queen beds and a sofa bed
- Studio suite with two Queen beds and a sofa bed, pool view
- One-bedroom suite with one Queen bed
- One-bedroom suite with two Queen beds and a sofa bed
- One-bedroom suite with two Queen beds and a sofa bed, pool view
- One-bedroom PURE suite with two Queen beds and a sofa bed, pool view (PURE rooms are allergy-friendly)
- Two-bedroom suite with one Queen bed (BR 1) and two Queen beds (BR 2); two bathrooms
- Two-bedroom suite with one Queen bed (BR 1) and two Queen beds (BR 2); two bathrooms, pool view
The rooms range in size from 441 square feet for the studio suite to 900 square feet for the two-bedroom suite. The two-bedrooms suites are quite large for a hotel room and are similar in size to a small apartment.
Each room features free-WIFI and a large work desk and includes a full kitchen with refrigerator, cooktop, dishwasher, microwave oven, plates / bowls / glasses, silverware and cooking pots. Rooms also include a flat panel television(s), alarm clock, hairdryer, bathroom amenities (soap, shampoo & conditioner) iron / ironing board, pool towels and a coffee maker / tea service.
Like most hotels in the greater Orlando area, rates at the Residence Inn Orlando at SeaWorld are highly seasonal and we have found that rates and availability do vary quite considerably throughout the year.
The rates shown below are the best available rate for two adults in three different room types offered at this hotel.
The following rates were obtained from the hotel web site at the time of publication. Please note that nightly rates can change at any time.
|Rates for 2021||June 15th||October 15th||December 1st|
Taxes: There is a 6% resort tax on top of a 6.5% sales tax. There are no resort fees but there is a $15 per night parking charge.
If you are a Marriott Bonvoy member you can use points for these hotels. Category 4 hotels require 30,000 during off peak nights, 35,000 during standard nights and 40,000 during peak nights.
The Local Area
Although The Residence Inn is known for its proximity SeaWorld and the convention center, there are so many other things to see and do in the local area. Some of these include:
- The Orlando Vineland Premium Outlets: This upscale outlet center is located about about four miles south at 8200 Vineland Road and features more than 160 stores including Nike, The Polo Outlet, Prada, The Disney Outlet, Gucci, Tory Burch and more.
- ICON Park on International Drive: This amazing 20-acre dining and entertainment complex is highlighted by a 400-foot observation wheel and located just 10 minutes from the hotel. Click here to learn more about ICON Park.
- Pointe Orlando: More than 40 shops and restaurants along with a movie theater, BB King’s Blue Club and IMPROV Comedy Club are located just five-minutes north along International Drive.
- Disney Springs: This massive shopping, dining and entertainment venue just should not be missed during your next visit to Orlando. Click here to learn more about Disney Springs.
What We Liked about The Residence Inn Orlando at SeaWorld
There are a number of things to like about the Residence Inn Orlando at SeaWorld. Following are some of the highlights:
- Excellent value for the money
- Good location near SeaWorld and Aquatica
- Spacious rooms with full kitchens and living areas
- Adequate amenities for the hotel price point
What We Didn’t Like at The Residence Inn Orlando at SeaWorld:
There are a few things about the Residence Inn we do not like which include:
- Limited on-site dining options
- $15 per day self parking fee
- Maintenance needed to the facility
As we stated above the building is starting to look a bit “tired” specifically relating to the exterior. It’s time for a paint job in the near future (or at least pressure cleaning).
What We Think The Residence Inn Orlando at SeaWorld is Perfect For:
The Residence Inn Orlando at SeaWorld is really and amazing hotel and we find that it is perfect for:
- Large families needing multiple bedrooms
- Longer term vacations (full kitchens and plenty of room space)
- Budget conscious travelers
Our Endless Summer Hotel Rating
While we have stayed at the Residence Inn Orlando at SeaWorld many times over the past several years and think that they may be skimping on property maintenance to keep costs (and hotel rates) low.
The immediate area has seen a number of new hotels open over the past 5 years so the competition for the vacation and convention traveler is not doubt becoming more intense. However, a quality property is what will help the Residence Inn keep pace with the newer hotels.
We give this hotel 2.5 out of a possible 5 stars (2021 review) and although lower than some of our hotels in this area, recommend it for your next trip to SeaWorld Orlando if the price is less than $150.00 per night.