The Epcot International Flower and Garden Festival is one of the most anticipated events at the Walt Disney World Resort and is typically held from the late spring to mid-summer. As with all the Epcot festivals, this event is completely free with your theme park admission or annual pass. Along with a dazzling display of gardens, topiaries and exhibits, there are a number of amazing food and beverage offerings as well as special weekend concerts.
While the Epcot International Flower and Garden Festival is targeted towards adult guests, it is still considered family-friendly and is completely age appropriate for younger children.
A park reservation is still required but there is no additional charge for this event.
Epcot International Flower and Garden Festival (2023)
Dates were just announced for the 2023 version of the Epcot International Flower and Garden Festival and this spectacular event will run from March 1, 2023 to July 5, 2023.
Throughout the entire park guests will enjoy viewing dozens of displays and exhibits including garden sculptures inspired by Disney characters. Some of these characters include Mickey Mouse, the characters from the Muppets as well as your favorite Disney princesses including Ann & Elsa from Frozen, Belle from Beauty & the Beast and Snow White.
There is even a special “Butterfly Tent” which guests can walk through and experience being part of hundreds of living butterflies. This exhibit is not to be missed and is typcially located between The Land and Imagination pavilions in Future World.
2023 Food and Beverage Offerings
The Epcot International Flower and Garden Festival will featuring specialty cuisine and drinks from a variety of regions. There are dozens of individual “Outdoor Kitchens” throughout the World Showcase which are typically available from late morning to park closing.
Stay tuned for more details on the food and beverage offerings for 2023.
2023 Concerts and Entertainment
The lineup for the Garden Rocks Concert Services for the 2023 festival was just announced and includes a number of popular artists and singers that will perform every Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday.
All with prior years, the shows will take place on the American Gardens Theatre stage by the America Pavilion in the World Showcase with showtimes starting at 5:30 PM, 6:45 PM and 8:00 PM.
- March 3rd and 4th: Journey former lead vocalist Steve Augeri
- March 5th and 6th: Daughtry
- March 10th and 11th: Tommy DeCarlo
- March 12th and 13th: Smash Mouth
- March 17th and 18th: Mike DelGuidice
- March 19th and 20th: Blue Oyster Cult (new for 2023)
- March 24th and 25th: Berlin
- March 26th and 27th: The Pointer Sisters
- March 31st: Luis Figueroa (new for 2023)
- April 1st and 2nd: Piso 21 (new for 2023)
- April 3rd: Melina Leon
- April 7th and 8th: STARSHIP featuring Mickey Thomas
- April 9th and 10th: Don Felder, formerly of the Eagles
- April 14th and 15th: Blue October
- April 16th and 17th: Switchfoot (new for 2023)
- April 21st and 22nd: A Flock of Seagulls
- April 23rd and 24th: Joe Dee Messina
- April 28th and 29th: Ambrosia with Peter Beckett, The Voice of Player
- April 30th and May 1st: Kool & The Gang
- May 5th and 8th: Herman’s Hermits starring Peter Noone
- May 12th to 15th: The Orchestra starring former members of ELO
- May 19th and 20th: AJ Croce: Croce Plays Croce (new for 2023)
- May 21st and 22nd: Casting Crowns (new for 2023)
- May 26th and 27th: Jason Scheff, longtime lead singer of Chicago (new for 2023)
- May 28th and 29th: Rick Springfield
- June 2nd to 5th: Plain White T’s
- June 9th and 10th: The Spinners
- June 11th and 12th: The Commodores
- June 16th and 17th: Vertical Horizon
- June 18th and 19th: Tony Orlando
- June 23rd to 26th: Simple Plan
- June 30thd and July 1st: Living Colour
- July 2nd and 3rd: Wang Chung
The Gardens Rocks Dining Package is again being offered for 2023 and will include dinner at a select EPCOT restaurant along with guaranteed seating at that evenings concert. The dining package include an appetizer, entrée and dessert (or buffet if applicable) with a non-alcoholic beverage along with a guaranteed seat for the concert on the same day.
Select restaurants for 2023 include:
- Akershus Royal Banquet Hall (Norway Pavilion): $74.00 per adult (ages 10 and up) and $482.00 per child (ages 3 to 9)
- Biergarten Restaurant (Germany Pavilion): $60.00 per adult (ages 10 and up) and $34.00 per child (ages 3 to 9)
- Coral Reef Restaurant (The Living Seas): $69.00 per adult (ages 10 and up) and $27.00 per child (ages 3 to 9)
- Garden Grill Restaurant (The Land Pavilion): $66.00 per adult (ages 10 and up) and $43.00 per child (ages 3 to 9)
- Le Cellier Steakhouse (Canada Pavilion): $95.00 per adult (ages 10 and up) and $36.00 per child (ages 3 to 9)
- Regal Eagle Smokehouse: (American Adventure Pavilion): $35.00 per adult (ages 10 and up) and $20.00 per child (ages 3 to 9)
- Rose & Crown Dining Room (United Kingdom Pavilion): $59.00 per adult (ages 10 and up) and $35.00 per child (ages 3 to 9)
- Spice Road Table (Morocco Pavilion): $47.00 per adult (ages 10 and up) and $20.00 per child (ages 3 to 9)
The Regal Eagle Smokehouse is offering same-day dining packages only and menu items differ than the other restaurants.
Best hotels to stay when visiting the Epcot International Flower and Garden Festival?
Local area hotels book up quickly so it is our recommendation that you get your reservations as early as possible. Crowd levels are typically higher than usual due not only to this special event, but for summer vacations and fall holidays. Typically in the fall, there are always large conventions coming to Orlando where many hotels block off rooms for the convention attendees.
If you are planning on consuming a number of adult beverages at the Epcot International Flower and Garden Festival, we would highly recommend you stay a hotel within walking distance or with a transportation service.
The Walt Disney World Boardwalk Resort Hotels
The Walt Disney World Boardwalk Resorts comprise the following resort hotels and vacation club properties:
- Disney’s BoardWalk Inn
- Disney’s BoardWalk Villas (vacation club)
- Disney’s Yacht Club Resort
- Disney’s Beach Club Resort
- Disney’s Beach Club Villas (vacation club)
All three are within walking distance to Epcot’s International Gateway (the entrance in the World Showcase area of the park) and there is also a water taxi service that runs all day long.
These resort hotel are very popular (especially during the Food & Wine Festival) and rates are typically not cheap. Prices range from less than $500 per night to more than $1,000 per night depending on the room type and the date of the stay. There are no resort fees but there is a daily parking charge of $25.00 to go along with resort and sales taxes.
Click here to learn more about Disney’s BoardWalk Resort Hotels
The Walt Disney World Dolphin
The Walt Disney World Dolphin is one of our favorite hotels in Orlando and it is our “go to” when we are planning on visiting Epcot. The Dolphin is immediately adjacent to the Walt Disney World Boardwalk and within easy walking distance of both Epcot and Disney’s Hollywood Studios. Water taxi transportation is also available.
The Dolphin is part of the Marriott Bonvoy program so guests can earn or use points for their stay at one of the 1,514 rooms or suites. There are extensive amenities and dining options at this massive resort.
Hotel rates range around $200.00 per night to more than $400.00 per night depending on the time a year and room type. There is a $35 per day resort fee plus a 6% resort tax on top of a 6.5% sales tax. Self parking costs $30 per night.
Click here to learn more about the Walt Disney World Dolphin
If any of these hotel recommendations don’t work for you, CLICK HERE to see a list of other on site hotels as well as local area hotels near the Walt Disney World Resort.