The Renaissance Orlando at SeaWorld is one of our favorite hotels near the theme parks as well as throughout the entire state of Florida. This hotel enjoys a central location in the Orlando tourist directly and is located directly across the street from SeaWorld Orlando. The property itself features 781 rooms and suites in a 10-story atrium style building.
Hotel amenities are fairly extensive for properties in the SeaWorld and the Orlando / Orange County Convention Center area. These include a luxury spa, fitness center, resort style pool, children’s splash park with water slides, a recreational lawn area and a larger event & conference center. Each of these specific features is highlighted below.
About the Renaissance Orlando at SeaWorld
The Renaissance originally opened on 1984, was completely renovated in 2011 and recently updated in 2019 / 2020. The property is located just off Intestate 4 and State Road 528 (Beachline Expressway) at 6677 Sea Harbor Drive in Orlando Florida. The 2019 / 2020 update included renovations to the room interiors, updating of the common area and the substantial addition of conference and meeting space.
It will take about 15 to 20 minutes to get to The Renaissance from the Orlando International Airport and less than five minutes to get to the Orlando / Orange County Convention Center.
There is a rear entrance to the convention center to the rear parking area just off Westwood Boulevard which runs just behind the hotel itself. Therefore, convention visitors will be able bypass all the traffic off International Drive.
The Orlando area theme parks are also a short distance to the hotel and per Google Maps, travel time is as follows (non-peak hours):
- SeaWorld Orlando: Just across the street!
- Aquatica at SeaWorld: 4 minutes (just around the block from SeaWorld)
- Universal Orlando Resort: 14 to 18 minutes.
- The Magic Kingdom Park : 16 to 23 minutes.
- EPCOT at the Walt Disney World Resort: 16 to 19 minutes.
- Disney’s Hollywood Studios: 16 to 22 minutes.
- Disney’s Animal Kingdom: 14 to 22 minutes.
- Disney Springs: 12 to 19 minutes.
- Downtown Orlando: 24 to 28 minutes.
The rooms at The Renaissance are fairly large and start from around 465 square feet. Depending on the wing of the room there are views of the pool area, grounds, interior atrium and direct view of SeaWorld Orlando.
There is a $30 daily resort fee which includes:
- Wireless internet service
- Transportation to SeaWorld, Aquatica and Discovery Cove
- Bottled water service in your room (limited)
- Breakfast for children 12 and under
- Local and domestic long distance calls
The hotel offers 24-hour room service, gift shop, vending machines, valet or gated parking, a Starbucks store, car rental desk, daily housekeeping service and a full-service desk for tickets & travel arrangements. Along with a game room and outside table tennis / Foosball, there are also daily activities for kids by the pool for kids.
Official SeaWorld Hotel
The Renaissance is also an “Official SeaWorld Hotel” which offers a number of benefits including:
- Complimentary access to the SeaWorld Rescue Tour
- Free transportation to SeaWorld, Aquatica and Discovery Cove
- 10% off dining at SeaWorld, Aquatica and Discovery Cove
- 20% off merchandise purchase of $50.00 or more at SeaWorld, Aquatica and Discovery Cove
- Priority Entry to SeaWorld and Aquatica (select dates)
If your plan is to visit all three Orlando area theme parks (Disney, Universal and SeaWorld) during your vacation, The Renaissance is a very good spot as it is centrally located among all three destinations.
Amenities at The Renaissance Orlando at SeaWorld
The Renaissance has some of the best amenities for hotels in the greater SeaWorld area. You will find that there is plenty to do right on the property itself.
- Resort Pool Area: The Renaissance features a huge resort style pool with ample seating, two-whirlpool tubs and an outdoor restaurant / bar area. The pool area is staffed and towels are provided.
- R AQUA ZONE: This water park / splash pad is an individually fenced area off resort pool and perfect for toddlers to teens. There are two individual areas that a separated by a covered seating area. The R Aqua Zone has a wading pool and slide for the little ones as well as a 122-foot long open flume slide and an enclosed 88-foot slide. All side riders must be at least 42-inches tall.
- Fitness Center
- Large Lobby and Sitting Area
- Gift Shop and Marketplace
Privai Wellness + Spa at The Renaissance Orlando at SeaWorld
Privai is located on the second floor of The Renaissance and offers a wide variety of spa services and packages including:
- Skin Care Services
- Blended Body Care Services
- Wellness Services
- Salon and Nail Services
We have seen spa specials for Privai on Groupon ($89 for a 50-minute massage or facial with your choice of aromatherapy oil and an adult beverage). Click here to see if this offer is still available.
To view the entire menu of spa services at Privai, please CLICK HERE.
Dining at The Renaissance Orlando at SeaWorld
From pool-side dining, grab-and-go at Starbucks in addition to room service and fine dining restaurants, there are a number of options at The Renaissance Orlando at SeaWorld. The individual dining options at this hotel are as follows:
- Tradewinds Restaurant: From burgers and seafood, you will enjoy classic comfort foods in this casual restaurant. Although a bit pricey for breakfast at $28 per person, this restaurant has a great buffet. Tradewinds is open for breakfast, lunch and dinner service.
- Mist Sushi and Spirits: Located in the middle of the atrium lobby, Mist serves a wonderful array of sushi offers as well as specialty cocktails. Mist is only open for dinner service.
- Boardwalk: The perfect place to watch the big game. Boardwalk is a casual sports bar type of restaurant services a wide variety of American fare from local sources. Boardwalk is only open for dinner service.
- Palms Pool Bar & Grill: Dine alfresco by the pool at the Palms Bar & Grill. It is the perfect place to enjoy a sandwich or salad along with a refreshing cocktail. The Palms is only open for lunch.
- Starbucks: Get your coffee at this full-service Starbucks. This eatery also serves a variety of bagels, pastries and grab-and-go snacks.
The Rooms at The Renaissance Orlando at SeaWorld
There are a number of differing rooms types at The Renaissance which start from around 465 square foot luxury guests rooms with one king or two queen beds as well as multiple types of individual suites. A number of rooms feature balconies and SeaWorld views.
Details on the suites at The Renaissance are as follows:
- Junior Suite: 670 square foot suite that has two walls of windows and will accommodate up to four guests. The room features one king bed and a pull-out sectional sofa, writing desk, dry bar and 50-inch flat panel television.
- Executive Suite: 818 square foot suite that will accommodate up to four guests with a king bed and a pull-out sectional sofa. The room also features a writing desk, a table that seats up to 2 guests and a 50-inch flat panel television.
- One-Bedroom, 2 Room Suite: 818 square foot suite that will accommodate up to four guests with a king bed and a pull out sectional sofa. The bedroom is separate from the living area and features a writing desk, a conference table that seats up to 6 guests and two flat panel televisions.
- Parlor Suite: Perfect for entertaining, this 818 square foot suite features a king-sized Murphy bed and a pull out sectional sofa to accommodate up to four guests. The room features a conference table that seats up to 6 guests and a 50-inch flat panel television.
- Two-Bedroom Presidential Suite: Enjoy the SeaWorld view from the balcony of this 10th floor suite. The room features a king-sized bed, private bathroom with additional half-bathroom, living room with a pull out sectional sofa, dining area with seating for up to 6 people and two flat panel televisions.
Rooms at The Renaissance are fairly spacious and well appointed with features including:
- Comfortable premium bedding and linens
- Marble bathrooms with combination tub / shower
- Double vanities
- Large flat panel televisions with premium movie channels
- High speed wireless internet
- SeaWorld and/or pool views.
- Mini refrigerator
- Coffee maker/tea service as well as bottled water
- In room safe
Endless Summer Tip: See if you can get a corner Junior Suite that faces both SeaWorld and the pool area.
Like most hotels in the greater Orlando area, rates at the Renaissance Orlando at SeaWorld are highly seasonal and we have found that rates and availability do vary quite considerably throughout the year. For a one king or two queen room we have seen rates just below $125 per night but also as high as $350 per night.
The rates shown below are the best available rate for two adults and two-children in three different room types offered at this hotel.
The following rates were obtained from the hotel web site at the time of publication. Please note that nightly rates can change at any time.
|Rates for 2022||April 15th||July 15th||Oct. 1st|
|Standard Guest Room – 2 Queen Beds||$274.00||$244.00||$214.00|
|SeaWorld View – 2 Queen Beds||$289.00||$279.00||$249.00|
|Executive Suite – 1 King||$354.00||$324.00||$294.00|
Taxes: There is a 6% resort tax on top of a 6.5% sales tax
Conferences & Events at The Renaissance Orlando at SeaWorld
From weddings and events to business conferences and meetings, The Renaissance can accommodate gatherings of all sizes and types. Fully renovated in 2019 / 2020 with the addition of an additional 40,000+ square feet of event space including a 16,000 square foot ballroom, this hotel is perfect for your next meeting or convention.
Meeting and event space includes:
- 45 individual event rooms
- 72 meeting rooms
- 210,433 square feet of total event space
- The capacity of the largest space is 3,628 persons
- 20,000 square feet of outdoor event space
- Oceans Ballroom can be dived into 12 separate spaces
- 65,000 square foot atrium which can host events
The Local Area
Although The Renaissance is known for its proximity SeaWorld and the convention center, there are so many other things to see and do in the local area. Some of these include:
- The Orlando Vineland Premium Outlets: This upscale outlet center is located about about four miles south at 8200 Vineland Road and features more than 160 stores including Nike, The Polo Outlet, Prada, The Disney Outlet, Gucci, Tory Burch and more.
- ICON Park on International Drive: This amazing 20-acre dining and entertainment complex is highlighted by a 400-foot observation wheel and located just 10 minutes from The Renaissance. Click here to learn more about ICON Park.
- Pointe Orlando: More than 40 shops and restaurants along with a movie theater, BB King’s Blue Club and IMPROV Comedy Club are located just five-minutes north along International Drive.
- Disney Springs: This massive shopping, dining and entertainment venue just should not be missed during your next visit to Orlando. Click here to learn more about Disney Springs.
What We Liked about The Renaissance Orlando at SeaWorld
The Renaissance is one of our favorite hotels and there are so many things to like. Following are some of the highlights:
- Luxury hotel at a reasonable price.
- Amazing pool area with kids water park and water slides
- Fantastic location just across the street from SeaWorld
- Great views of SeaWorld from select rooms
- Spacious and inviting lobby / common area.
- Great restaurants with a variety of different options
- Outstanding service from the front desk to the dining service
- Close to restaurants and shopping along International Drive as well as the Orlando / Orange Convention Center
What We Didn’t Like at The Renaissance Orlando at SeaWorld:
There are a few things about The Renaissance we do not like which include:
- $30 per day resort fee (resort fees are now very common in Orlando)
- $28 per day self parking fee
- The pool area gets very crowded during summer weekends, major conventions and holidays.
- Traffic congestion in the immediate area
** It has been years since we’ve seen this but The Renaissance used to provide evening turn-down service and leave a small plastic Shamu (like a bathroom rubber ducky). In addition, the hotel would also provide champagne at check in. Both of these were very nice touches but we have to believe were eliminated for cost reasons.
What We Think The Renaissance Orlando at SeaWorld is Perfect For:
The Renaissance Orlando at SeaWorld is really and amazing hotel and we find that it is perfect for:
- Theme park visits; specifically SeaWorld
- Orlando / Orange County convention visitors
- Family weekend getaways
- On-site meetings and events
- Special events