When first entering the Aloft Orlando Lake Buena Vista guests think that they might have just arrived in Miami’s South Beach and not the family-friendly destination of Orlando. This is due to the Aloft having an entirely different design and décor – one which is fairly unique to the Orlando marketplace. But once settled, guests realized this eclectic but affordable hotel is the unique alternative to the many traditional hotel properties in the area.
The Aloft enjoys a central location in the Orlando tourist directly and is not only a short distance to The Walt Disney World Resort, it is close to the Orlando / Orange County Convention Center as well as the restaurants & attractions along International Drive. SeaWorld and the Universal Orlando Resort are both less than 25 minutes from the property.
Amenities are considered adequate for an Orlando area hotel of this price point and include a small pool with outdoor patio area, fitness center, free access to streaming services, chic lobby bar and an on-site marketplace which offers a variety of drinks and snacks.
Frequently Asked Questions – Aloft Orlando Lake Buena Vista
What are the hotel rates at the Aloft Orlando Lake Buena Vista?
Hotel rates at the Aloft Orlando Lake Buena Vista are fairly affordable and typically range from less than $120 per night to around $250 per night depending on the time of year and the room type.
See our price chart below for specific rates.
Is the Aloft Orlando Lake Buena Vista close to the theme parks and the convention center?
The Aloft Orlando Lake Buena Vista is 1.3 miles to the Walt Disney World Resort, 3.9 miles to SeaWorld Orlando, approximately four miles to the Orlando / Orange County Convention Center and 6.8 miles to Universal Orlando.
Is there a Resort Fee or Parking Charge at the Aloft Orlando Lake Buena Vista?
There are no Resort Fees or parking charges assessed during our last stay at the Aloft Orlando Lake Buena Vista. However, the hotel web site indicated a daily parking fee of $12.
Does the Aloft Orlando Lake Buena Vista have a pool and other amenities?
The Aloft Orlando Lake Buena Vista features a small outdoor pool with patio seating, on-site fitness center, free access to streaming services, lobby bar and a 24-hour on-site hotel marketplace.
What are the food & beverage options at the Aloft Orlando Lake Buena Vista?
Food and beverage options at the Aloft Orlando Lake Buena Vista are limited but include the WXYZ Bar which services classic American dishes and snacks. There is also a 24-hour on-site marketplace.
What is the check-in and check-out time at the Aloft Orlando Lake Buena Vista?
The check in-time at the Aloft Orlando Lake Buena Vista is 4:00 pm and check out time is at 11:00 am.
Does the Aloft Orlando Lake Buena Vista provide transportation to the theme parks?
The Aloft Orlando Lake Buena Vista features complimentary, but limited, shuttle transportation to Walt Disney World.
What is the pet policy at the Aloft Orlando Lake Buena Vista?
The Aloft Orlando Lake Buena Vista allows dogs less than 40 pounds to stay with a $50 per night non-refundable fee. Cats are not allowed.
Are there smoking rooms at the Aloft Orlando Lake Buena Vista?
The Aloft Orlando Lake Buena Vista is a smoke-free hotel.
About the Aloft Orlando Lake Buena Vista
The Aloft Orlando Lake Buena Vista just recently opened in 2021. This property is fairly well located along Palm Parkway about 10 minutes to Disney Springs, and 15 minutes to the SeaWorld Orlando / International Drive area.
Aloft Orlando Lake Buena Vista
7950 Palm Parkway
Orlando, Florida 32836
It will take about 25 to 30 minutes to get to the Aloft from the Orlando International Airport and less than fifteen minutes to get to the Orlando / Orange County Convention Center.
The Orlando area theme parks are also a short distance to the hotel and per Google Maps, travel time is as follows (non-peak hours):
- Disney Springs at the Walt Disney World Resort: approximately 15 to 20 minutes.
- The Magic Kingdom Park at the Walt Disney World Resort: approximately 15 to 25 minutes.
- EPCOT at the Walt Disney World Resort: approximately 15 to 20 minutes.
- Disney’s Hollywood Studios at the Walt Disney World Resort: approximately 15 to 20 minutes.
- Disney’s Animal Kingdom at the Walt Disney World Resort: approximately 20 to 25 minutes.
- Universal Orlando Resort: approximately 25 minutes.
- SeaWorld Orlando: approximately 15 to 20 minutes.
- Downtown Orlando: 24 to 28 minutes.
Disney Good Neighbor Hotel
The Aloft Orlando Lake Buena Vista is a Disney World “Good Neighbor Hotel” which offers a number of benefits including:
- Transportation to Disney theme parks (fees may apply)
- A guest services desk or kiosk for Disney vacation planning and ticket purchases
- AAA approved hotels
If your plan is to visit all three Orlando area theme parks (Disney, Universal and SeaWorld) during your vacation, Aloft is a fairly good spot as it is centrally located among all three destinations.
Amenities at the Aloft Orlando Lake Buena Vista
Aloft Orlando Lake Buena Vista is a value based hotel so while it may not have all the features of a full service resort, it does not lack on amenities.
- Outdoor Pool Area: There is a outdoor pool with adequate patio seating surrounding the pool.
- Fitness Center: The hotel features an exercise room that includes cardio as well as strength training equipment.
- Lobby Bar: The WXYZ Bar is open daily for drinks, light bites and snacks.
- On-Site Laundry Facilities: Guests have access to washers and dryers which are located throughout the hotel.
- On-site Vacation Planning Desk: Guests can get their theme tickets at the hotel and avoid the lines at the park.
- Complimentary WIFI: WIFI is free throughout the guest rooms and common areas.
- Lobby Marketplace: Grab-and-go marketplace featuring snacks, drinks and sundries.
The Rooms at the Aloft Orlando Lake Buena Vista
There are a number of differing rooms types at the Aloft Orlando Lake Buena Vista. Details on the suites at the hotel are as follows:
- Aloft guest room with one King bed (260 square feet)
- Savvy larger guest room with one King bed (295 square feet)
- Aloft guest room with two Queen beds (274 square feet)
- Savvy larger guest room with two Queen beds (408 square feet)
The rooms range in size from 260 square feet to 408 square feet and were considered fairly small as compared to most other hotels at this price point.
Each room features free-WIFI and small sofa with table, flat panel television, mini-refrigerator, alarm clock, hairdryer, bathroom amenities (soap, shampoo & conditioner) iron / ironing board and a coffee maker / tea service.
Like most hotels in the greater Orlando area, rates at the Aloft Orlando Lake Buena are highly seasonal and we have found that rates and availability do vary quite considerably throughout the year.
The rates shown below are the best available rate for two adults in three different room types offered at this hotel and were obtained from the hotel web site.
|Nightly Rates||April 15th||July 15th||October 15th|
|Aloft 1 King||$168.00||$142.00||$142.00|
|Aloft 2 Queen||$182.00||$177.00||$155.00|
|Savvy 1 King||$213.00||$199.00||$199.00|
Taxes: There is a 6% resort tax on top of a 6.5% sales tax. There are no resort fees but there is a $12 per night parking charge.
The Local Area
Although Aloft Hotel is known for its proximity Walt Disney World and the convention center, there are so many other things to see and do in the local area. Some of these include:
- The Orlando Vineland Premium Outlets: This upscale outlet center is located on the east side of Interstate 4 at 8200 Vineland Road and features more than 160 stores including Nike, The Polo Outlet, Prada, The Disney Outlet, Gucci, Tory Burch and more.
- ICON Park on International Drive: This amazing 20-acre dining and entertainment complex is highlighted by a 400-foot observation wheel and located just 15 minutes from the hotel. Click here to learn more about ICON Park.
- Pointe Orlando: More than 40 shops and restaurants along with a movie theater, BB King’s Blue Club and IMPROV Comedy Club are located about 15 minutes north along International Drive.
- Disney Springs: This massive shopping, dining and entertainment venue just should not be missed during your next visit to Orlando. Click here to learn more about Disney Springs.
What We Liked about The Aloft Orlando Lake Buena Vista
There are a number of things to like about the Aloft Orlando Lake Buena Vista. Following are some of the highlights:
- Excellent value for the money
- Good location near the Orlando area theme parks
- Great service / friendly staff
- Modern design, décor and features
What We Didn’t Like at The Aloft Orlando Lake Buena Vista
There are a few things about the Aloft we do not like which include:
- Fairly small rooms
- Limited on-site dining options
- Small pool area with no poolside amenities
What We Think Aloft Orlando Lake Buena Vista is Perfect For:
The Aloft Orlando Lake Buena Vista is pretty cool hotel and we find that it is perfect for:
- Single travelers and/or couples
- Weekend visits to the local Orlando theme parks
- Business travelers and convention visitors
- Budget conscious travelers (affordable rates)
This was our first visit to the Aloft Orlando Lake Buena Vista and we came away impressed. While a family of five with young children would not be a good fit for this hotel, the Aloft was just fine for our two adult stay. The staff was very friendly and we enjoyed the design of hotel’s common space (lobby, bar area, etc).
The Palm Parkway area has seen a number of new hotels open over the past 5 years so the competition for the vacation and convention traveler is no doubt becoming more intense. With it’s urban design and décor to compliment an affordable price, we feel that the Aloft will be able to hold it’s own among the dozens of hotels in the immediate area.