Like some of the other Aloft hotels which we have visited, when first entering the Aloft Orlando International Drive guests think that they might have just arrived in Miami’s South Beach and not the family-friendly destination of Orlando. This is due to the Aloft having an entirely different design and decor – one which is fairly unique to the local area marketplace. However, once you get settled, you quickly realize that this affordable hotel is the unique alternative to the many traditional hotel properties in the International Drive area.
This Aloft is attached to and shares amenities with an Element Hotel which is a more family orientated property. Both hotels enjoy a central location in the Orlando tourist directly and is a short distance to SeaWorld Orlando and the Orlando / Orange County Convention Center as well as the restaurants & attractions along International Drive. The Walt Disney World Resort and the Universal Orlando Resort are both less than 20 minutes from the property.
Amenities are considered adequate for an Orlando area hotel of this price point and include an outdoor pool with a fair amount of patio area, fitness center, free access to streaming services, a chic lobby bar and an on-site marketplace which offers a variety of drinks and snacks.
Frequently Asked Questions – Aloft Orlando International Drive
What are the hotel rates at the Aloft Orlando International Drive?
Hotel rates at the Aloft Orlando International Drive are fairly affordable and typically range from around $100 per night to the $250 per night range, depending on the time of year and the room type. We paid $107.00 plus tax during our most recently stay on January 28, 2022.
See our price chart below for specific rates.
Is the Aloft Orlando International Drive close to the theme parks and the convention center?
The Aloft Orlando International Drive is less than a mile to SeaWorld Orlando and the Orlando / Orange County Convention Center, about 4 miles to the Walt Disney World Resort and approximately 6.5 miles to Universal Orlando.
Is there a Resort Fee or Parking Charge at the Aloft Orlando International Drive?
There are no Resort Fees or parking charges assessed during our last stay at the Aloft Orlando International Drive. However, the hotel web site indicated a daily parking fee of $12.
Does the Aloft Orlando International Drive have a pool and other amenities?
The Aloft Orlando International Drive features a outdoor pool with extensive patio seating and on-site fitness center which it shares with the adjacent Element Hotel. There is also free access to streaming services, a lobby bar and a 24-hour on-site hotel marketplace.
What are the food & beverage options at the Aloft Orlando International Drive?
Food and beverage options at the Aloft Orlando International Drive are limited but include the WXYZ Bar which services classic American dishes and snacks. There is also a 24-hour on-site marketplace.
What is the check-in and check-out time at the Aloft Orlando International Drive?
The check in-time at the Aloft Orlando International Drive is 4:00 pm and check out time is at noon.
Does the Aloft Orlando International Drive provide transportation to the theme parks?
The Aloft Orlando International Drive features complimentary, but limited, shuttle transportation to the theme parks.
What is the pet policy at the Aloft Orlando International Drive?
The Aloft Orlando International Drive allows pets less than 75 pounds to stay with a $50 per night non-refundable fee (two pets per room max).
Are there smoking rooms at the Aloft Orlando International Drive?
The Aloft Orlando International Drive is a smoke-free hotel.
About the Aloft Orlando Lake Buena Vista
The Aloft Orlando Lake Buena Vista just recently opened in 2021. This property is fairly well located along International Drive just steps from SeaWorld Orlando and minutes to the Convention Center / International Drive area.
Aloft Orlando International Drive
5750 International Drive
Orlando, Florida 32821
It will take about 20 to 25 minutes to get to the Aloft from the Orlando International Airport and around five minutes to get to the Orlando / Orange County Convention Center.
The Orlando area theme parks are also a short distance to the hotel and per Google Maps, travel time is as follows (non-peak hours):
- SeaWorld Orlando: approximately 5 minutes.
- Disney Springs at the Walt Disney World Resort: approximately 15 to 20 minutes.
- The Magic Kingdom Park at the Walt Disney World Resort: approximately 25 to 20 minutes.
- EPCOT at the Walt Disney World Resort: approximately 20 to 25 minutes.
- Disney’s Hollywood Studios at the Walt Disney World Resort: approximately 20 to 30 minutes.
- Disney’s Animal Kingdom at the Walt Disney World Resort: approximately 25 to 30 minutes.
- Universal Orlando Resort: approximately 20 minutes.
- Downtown Orlando: approximately 25 to 30 minutes.
The Local Area
Although Aloft Hotel is known for its proximity to SeaWorld Orlando and the convention center, there are so many other things to see and do in the local area. Some of these include:
- The Orlando Vineland Premium Outlets: This upscale outlet center is located just a few miles south at 8200 Vineland Road and features more than 160 stores including Nike, The Polo Outlet, Prada, The Disney Outlet, Gucci, Tory Burch and more.
- ICON Park on International Drive: This amazing 20-acre dining and entertainment complex is highlighted by a 400-foot observation wheel and located less than 10 minutes from the hotel. Click here to learn more about ICON Park.
- Pointe Orlando: More than 40 shops and restaurants along with a movie theater, BB King’s Blue Club and IMPROV Comedy Club are located about 5 minutes north along International Drive.
- Disney Springs: This massive shopping, dining and entertainment venue just should not be missed during your next visit to Orlando. Click here to learn more about Disney Springs.
If you have not seen the new Ice Breaker roller coaster at SeaWorld Orlando, check out our video:
Amenities at the Aloft Orlando International Drive
Aloft Orlando International Drive is a value based hotel so while it may not have all the features of a full service resort, it does not lack on amenities.
- Outdoor Pool Area: There is a outdoor pool with adequate patio seating surrounding the pool.
- Fitness Center: The hotel features an exercise room that includes cardio as well as strength training equipment.
- Lobby Bar: The WXYZ Bar is open daily for drinks, light bites and snacks.
- On-Site Laundry Facilities: Guests have access to washers and dryers which are located throughout the hotel.
- Complimentary WIFI: WIFI is free throughout the guest rooms and common areas.
- Lobby Marketplace: Grab-and-go marketplace featuring snacks, drinks and sundries.
The Rooms at the Aloft Orlando International Drive
There are a number of differing rooms types at the Aloft Orlando International Drive. Details on the suites at the hotel are as follows:
- Aloft guest room with one King bed (282 square feet)
- Savvy larger guest room with one King bed (330 square feet)
- Aloft guest room with two Queen beds (274 square feet)
- Savvy larger guest room with two Queen beds (460 square feet)
- Splash guest room with one King bed and a pool view (282 square feet)
- Splash guest room with two Queen beds and a pool view (330 square feet)
The rooms range in size from 282 square feet to 460 square feet and were considered fairly small as compared to most other hotels at this price point.
Each room features free-WIFI and small sofa with table, flat panel television, mini-refrigerator, alarm clock, hairdryer, bathroom amenities (soap, shampoo & conditioner) iron / ironing board and a coffee maker / tea service.
WIFI speed was adequate with 14.04 Mbps download speeds and 14.89 Mbps upload speeds (per Speedtest.net). This speed level was sufficient to successful perform a video conference call without interruption.
Like most hotels in the greater Orlando area, rates at the Aloft Orlando International Drive are highly seasonal and we have found that rates and availability do vary quite considerably throughout the year.
The rates shown below are the best available rate for two adults in three different room types offered at this hotel.
The following rates were obtained from the hotel web site at the time of publication. Please note that nightly rates can change at any time.
|Nightly Rates||April 15th||July 15th||October 15th|
|Aloft 1 King||$175.00||$220.00||$197.00|
|Aloft 2 Queen||$184.00||$229.00||$206.00|
|Savvy 1 King||$202.00||$247.00||$224.00|
Taxes: There is a 6% resort tax on top of a 6.5% sales tax. There are no resort fees but there is a $12 per night parking charge.
If you are a Marriott Bonvoy member you can use points for these hotels. Category 4 hotels require 30,000 during off peak nights, 35,000 during standard nights and 40,000 during peak nights.
Walt Disney World 50th Anniversary Celebration
Did you know that Walt Disney World celebrates it’s 50th Anniversary? Beginning on October 1, 2021 and extending for 19 months “The World’s Most Magical Celebration” takes place.
To commemorate this event, Disney brings a number of new special events, new attractions, entertainment, food and merchandise. Learn more about all the special events for this celebration at our video below.
What We Liked about The Aloft Orlando International Drive
There are a number of things to like about the Aloft Orlando International Drive. Following are some of the highlights:
- Excellent value for the money
- Good location near SeaWorld Orlando and the Orange County Convention Center
- Great service / friendly staff
- Modern design, décor and features
What We Didn’t Like at The Aloft Orlando International Drive
There are a few things about the Aloft we do not like which include:
- Fairly small rooms
- Limited on-site dining options
- Limited parking
What We Think Aloft Orlando International Drive is Perfect For:
The Aloft Orlando International Drive is pretty cool hotel and we find that it is perfect for:
- Single travelers and/or couples
- Weekend visits to the local Orlando theme parks
- Business travelers and convention visitors (convention center is less than 5 minutes away)
- Budget conscious travelers (affordable rates)
Our Endless Summer Hotel Rating
Since the Aloft Orlando International Drive is a new hotel, this was our first visit and we came away impressed. As with most Aloft hotel’s, it is not considered ideal for a family of five with young children but two this is perfect for a two adult weekend getaway or a quick business trip. The staff was friendly and we enjoyed the design of hotel’s common space (lobby, bar area, etc).
The South International Drive / SeaWorld area has seen a number of new hotels open over the past several years so the competition for the vacation and convention traveler is no doubt becoming more intense. With it’s urban design and décor to compliment an affordable price, we feel that the Aloft will be able to hold it’s own among the dozens of hotels in the immediate area.
We give this hotel 3.75 out of a possible 5 stars (2022 review) and recommend it for your next trip to the Orlando area for both business and personal travel.