The AAA Four Diamond Waldorf Astoria Orlando is part of the Bonnet Creek resort and is one of the finest hotels near the Walt Disney World Resort. Opened in 2009, this amazing resort hotel consists of 18-floors of 1,001 well-appointed rooms & suites.
At the time of our initial stay in January 2021 the hotel is still operating in a reduced capacity due to the COVID pandemic. A number of the amenities and dining options were limited or not available due to physical distancing requirements as well as other restrictions.
The Hilton shares amenities, dining facilities, parking and a convention center with the adjacent Waldorf Astoria Orlando which features 498 rooms & suites, the Waldorf Astoria Spa and the Waldorf Astoria Golf Club.
About the Waldorf Astoria Orlando
The Bonnet Creek Resort is a 500-acre nature preserve resort development located immediately adjacent to the Walt Disney World Resort. This amazing hotel and resort development features the Hilton Orlando Resort Bonnet Creek along with a number of other luxury hotels and resorts which include:
- The Hilton Orlando Bonnet Creek
- The JW Marriott Orlando Bonnet Creek
- The Wyndham Grand Orlando Bonnet Creek
- Club Wyndham Bonnet Creek Resort
Bonnet is located adjacent to Interstate 4 just south of Epcot Center Drive. Access to the resort is from East Buena Vista Drive via Chelonia Parkway which is next to Disney’s Riviera Resort.
Waldorf Astoria Orlando
14200 Bonnet Creek Resort Lane
Orlando, Florida 32821
It is a fairly direct route from the Orlando International Airport via SR 528 (the Beachline Expressway) to Interstate 4 west. Barring any significant traffic issues, it will take approximately 30 minutes to get from the airport to the resort. The Orlando / Orange County Convention Center is also quite close to the Hilton at just 10 miles along Interstate 4 east towards downtown Orlando.
Since the Hilton is located immediately adjacent to the Walt Disney World Resort, all four Disney theme parks as well as the two Disney water parks and Disney Springs are within a very short distance. The hotel is perfectly situated to view the nightly theme park fireworks displays from Epcot and Disney’s Hollywood Studios.
Travel time per Google Maps (non-peak hours) to the other Orlando area theme parks and significant destinations include:
- The Universal Orlando Resort: approximately 20 minutes
- SeaWorld Orlando: approximately 15 minutes
- ICON Park: approximately 20 minutes
- Downtown Orlando: approximately 30 minutes
- Vineland Premium Outlets: approximately 15 minutes
- The Mall at Millenia: approximately 25 miles
- The Florida Mall: approximately 25 minutes
If you want to take a day at the beach, the Hilton Orlando Bonnet Creek is a fairly easy drive to the Tampa/Clearwater Beach area (90 minutes), Cape Canaveral (approximately 60 minutes) and Daytona Beach (approximately 90 minutes). Guests can make it a day trip by leaving in the morning, spending the day at one of the beachside towns, and returning later in the evening.
The Waldorf Astoria Orlando have received a number of awards and hotel industry accolades. Some of the more recent awards include:
- AAA Four Diamond Award (2010 – 2019)
- TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence Hall of Fame (2019)
- US News & World Report – Best Hotels in Florida (2020)
- US News & World Report – Best Resorts in Orlando – Walt Disney World (2020)
- US News & World Report – Best Hotels in the Walt Disney World Area (2020)
Official Walt Disney World Hotel
Although it is not a Disney-owned and operated property, the Waldorf Astoria Orlando is an “Official Walt Disney World Hotel”.
Official Walt Disney World hotels provide a host of benefits that are primarily offered to on-site Disney hotel properties. These benefits include:
- Extra Magic Hours (additional theme park time)
- Fastpass+ Reservations up to 60 days in advance of stay
- Free Theme Park Shuttle Service
- On-site Ticket Desk
If you are a Hilton Honors member, you can enjoy your Honors benefits while receive these additional benefits that are specific to the Walt Disney World Resort.
** Important note: due to the COVID pandemic, some of these benefits may be suspended at this time. Please check prior to your next stay.
Amenities at the Waldorf Astoria Orlando & the Hilton Orlando Bonnet Creek
The amenities at the Waldorf Astoria Orlando are extensive as guests enjoy use not only the hotels amenities, but those of the adjacent Hilton Orlando Bonnet Creek.
Amenities at the Hilton Orlando Bonnet Creek include:
- Two resort style pools with private cabanas
- A 24-hour state-of-the-art equipped fitness center with a variety of cardiovascular equipment and strength training machines.
- Jogging trails and bicycle rentals
- WA Kids Club (daily activities for kids ages 5 to 12 from 10:30 Am to 2:30 PM)
- Astoria After Dark (night time activities for kids ages 5 to 12 from 6:00 PM to 10:00 PM)
- Complimentary shuttle service to the Walt Disney World theme parks and Disney Springs
- The Waldorf Astoria Golf Club
- The Waldorf Astoria Spa
Amenities at the Hilton Orlando Bonnet Creek include:
- A lagoon-style outdoor swimming pool complex featuring a 3-acre lazy river, water slide, poolside bar & grill, private cabanas and daily family activities.
- Video arcade
The Waldorf Astoria Golf Club
The Waldorf Astoria Golf Club features a picture perfect Rees Jones designed 18-hole championship golf course that winds group wetland preserves. There are five tee boxes for players of all skill levels and from the Professional Tees, this Par 72 course measures 7,108 yards, has a slope of 139 and a rating of 74.6.
The course was rated by Golf Advisor one of the Top 25 Courses in Florida and one of the Top 50 Course in the US (2016). Golf Magazine gave the course a “Gold Medal” in the Premier Resort Awards for 2016.
The Waldorf Astoria Golf Club has achieved a number of awards and accolades. Some of the more recent awards are indicated as follows:
- Top 25 Courses in Florida / Top 50 Course in the US (Golf Advisors – 2016)
- Gold Medal in the Premier Resort Awards (Golf Magazine – 2016)
The club offers private or group lessons from the Waldorf Astoria Golf Academy. There is a fairly large practice facility with putting green and practice range (both are included with the hotels daily resort charge).
And when your round is finished, guests can head over to the Clubhouse Grille for a cocktail or a satisfying lunch.
The Waldorf Astoria Spa
Luxurious spa facilities are located at The Waldorf Astoria Spa which is just a short walk through the hotel’s convention center. Open daily from 9:00 am to 9:00 PM, the spa offers a variety of treatments including facials, body treatments, massage therapies, hand & foot therapies, salon services and makeup artistry.
Guests can relax at the spa’s tea lounge, steam room and whirlpool (also available to hotel guests for a daily fee) and enjoy juices and healthy foods from the locker rooms.
In addition to the spa treatments and lounge areas, there is a 4,000 square foot state-of-the-art fitness center that features cardiovascular fitness and strength training equipment.
Dining at the Waldorf Astoria Orlando and the Hilton Orlando Resort Bonnet Creek
From quick-service to casual dining as well as fine dining, the Hilton Orlando Bonnet Creek has something to offer for all tastes. As with a number of the amenities (due to COVID restrictions), not all dining venues at this hotel are open (or have restricted hours) at this time.
Aquamarine (poolside dining at the Waldorf Astoria)
Aquamarine is a poolside grill type restaurant located at the Waldorf Astoria. This restaurant features fresh salads, sandwiches and specialty cocktails. Aquamarine is open from 11:00 am to 5:00 pm.
Beech (poolside dining at the Hilton)
Beech is a poolside bar and grill located at the Hilton. This restaurant features specialty cocktails, burgers, salads and sandwiches. Beech is open from 11:00 am to 6:00 pm.
Bull & Bear
Bull & Bear is a New York original that is located here in Orlando at the Waldorf Astoria. This fine dining restaurant is famed for being the first to serve USDA certified angus beef on the east coast. Bull & Bear is known for their fine steaks and is open on Tuesdays to Saturdays from 6:00 PM to 10:00 PM.
Guests will enjoy casual dining for breakfast, lunch or dinner overlooking the pool. Also available is take-out meals and snacks for dining in your room or by the pool.
Enjoy modern Italian cuisine in this elegant but casual restaurant. Options including handmade pasta, seafood and pizza. La Luce is open on Monday and Thursday to Sunday from 6:00 PM to 10:00 PM.
Myth Bar is a very well designed and conceived lobby bar where guests can enjoy both cocktails and food while watching the game from one of the many flat screen televisions. Myth Bar is open from 5:00 PM to 12:00 AM.
Oscar’s is located at the adjacent Waldorf Astoria, guests will enjoy a contemporary American breakfast in an elegant but casual setting.
The Clubhouse Grille
The Clubhouse Grille is located at the Waldorf Astoria Golf Club. Guests will enjoy salads and sandwiches in either the indoor and outdoor seating areas that overlook the practice range. The Clubhouse Grille serves lunch daily from 10:30 AM to 4:30 PM.
Located right in the lobby of the Hilton Orlando Bonnet Creek, guests can get coffee, drinks, breakfast sandwiches and other snacks at this quick-service café. Muse is open every day from 6:00 AM to 10:00 PM.
There is 24-hour room service offered at the Hilton. Check the information within the room for current menu offerings.
The Rooms at the Waldorf Astoria Orlando
Rooms and suites range in size from approximately 448 square feet to more than 2,800 square feet. The rooms feature premium linens, wine refrigerators, 55-inch HDTV’s, in-room coffee/tea service, wireless internet, plush cotton bathrobes and slippers, a spacious work desk and Italian marble bathrooms with a glass shower and separate soaking tub.
The Room Types at the Waldorf Astoria Orlando
- 448 Square Foot Deluxe Guest Room Featuring One King or Two Queen Beds
- 544 Square Foot Oversized Deluxe Room Featuring Two Queen Beds
- 945 Square Foot Deluxe Suites
- 1,460 Square Foot Luxury Suite Suites
- 1,780 Square Foot Waldorf Suites
- 1,393 Square Foot Chairman’s Suite
- 2,228 Square Foot Governor’s Suite
- 2,852 Square Foot Presidential Suite
The rooms and suites have a variety of resort, pool, golf course and Walt Disney World views. Epcot fireworks can be easily viewed from the higher floors. Check-in time is at 4:00 PM on the initial day of the stay and check-out time is 11:00 AM. The hotels cancellation policy has changed due to COVID so please check the current rules for the date of your stay.
The Hotel Rates at the Waldorf Astoria Orlando
Rates are this resort vary for different dates throughout the year. The rates shown below are the best available rate for two adults in three different room types offered at the Waldorf Astoria Orlando.
The following rates were obtained from the hotel web site at the time of publication.
|Rates for 2021||March 15th||June 15th||October 15th|
|Deluxe Room – 2 Queen Beds||$451.00||$407.00||$531.00|
|Disney View – Deluxe Room, 2 Queen Beds||$480.00||$436.00||$559.00|
|Disney View – Waldorf Suite with Balcony||$790.00||$746.00||$863.00|
There is mandatory a 6% resort tax on top of a 6.5% sales tax on charges for this hotel. Other fees include an on-site valet parking fee of $40 per night and a nightly resort fee.
Resort Fees at the Waldorf Astoria Orlando
The Waldorf Astoria charges a $45 per night (plus tax) resort fee which includes:
- Premium WiFi through the hotel (except meeting space)
- Access to the fitness center
- Access to the Waldorf Astoria Golf Club practice facilities
- Free golf club rental after 2:00 PM
- Unlimited access to in-room local and toll free calls
- Use of the lazy river floating tubes
- 10% of pool cabana rentals
- Continuous shuttle bus service to all four Disney theme parks as well as Disney Springs (click here to see the shuttle schedule)
- 20% of spa services at The Waldorf Astoria Spa
- Kids 12 and under eat free (from the kids menu) with a paying adult at the Harvest Bistro.
Hilton Honors Benefits at the Waldorf Astoria Orlando
Benefits differ for various status levels of the guests Hilton Honors account. According to the hotels web site, they provide benefits to Gold and Diamond Honors members.
Gold Member Benefits
- 1,000 Honors Bonus Points or a $10 daily dining credit for us at La Luce, Beech, Muse or Myth Bar.
- $10 breakfast package at Muse which includes a choice of a hot sandwich, a choice of a breakfast pastry, choice of fruit, and a choice of a beverage.
- Room upgrades based on availability
- Complimentary high speed WiFi
- Express check out and late check-out (based on availability)
- Two free bottles of water upon arrival
- 25% bonus points on all base points earned
Diamond Member Benefits
- All the benefits provided to Gold members plus an additional 1,000 Honors Bonus Points per stay
Conferences and Events at the Waldorf Astoria Orlando
Orlando is known for massive luxury hotel conference centers and one of the largest convention centers in the United States. The convention facilities at the Waldorf Astoria / Hilton Orlando Bonnet Creek are also quite significant with approximately 175,000 square feet of indoor and outdoor meeting & function space.
- Bonnet Creek Ballroom – 35,925 sf (divisible into 12 sections)
- Floridian Ballroom – 27,300 sf (divisible into 12 sections)
- Central Park – 8,774 sf with adjacent 5,412 sf Central Park Gardens
- Grand Ballroom – 7,945 sf
- 40 meeting rooms and four boardrooms
- Outdoor function venues
- A full service FedEx Office business center
What We Liked about the Waldorf Astoria Orlando
This hotel is brand new and there are so many things to like. Following are some of the highlights:
- Modern Elegance. The Waldorf Astoria is one of the most elegant luxury hotels throughout the state of Florida.
- Fantastic pool areas. The Waldorf Astoria features two resort style pools and private cabanas. Additionally, the adjacent Hilton has one of the largest pool areas in the Orlando theme park area featuring a resort style pool with lazy river and water slide.
- Excellent location. This resort is immediately adjacent to the Walt Disney World Resort and guests can be at the entrance to Epcot and Disney’s Hollywood Studios in minutes.
- Official Walt Disney World Hotel. The Hilton is also an “Official Disney World Hotel” which provides a host of benefits for guests visiting the Disney theme parks.
- Extensive Dining Options. From grab-and-go to casual and fine dining, the Hilton (and the adjacent Waldorf Astoria) has an option for any guests pallet.
What We Didn’t Like about theWaldorf Astoria Orlando
There were no doubt challenges due to the COVID pandemic which had an impact on our stay. But with that in mind here is what we did not like about the Hilton Orlando.
- Additional Fees. Although resort fees and parking fees are becoming the norm in luxury hotels in Orlando, the $45 nightly resort fee and $40 per day parking fee can increase the cost of your stay quite substantially.
- Lack of Airport Shuttle. The Waldorf does not provide a complimentary airport shuttle. Guests flying into Orlando for vacation or a convention will have to make their own arrangements for transportation to and from the hotel.
We think the Waldorf Astoria Orlando is perfect For:
This hotel has so much to offer in just about every area and we consider it perfect for the travelers who are coming to the Orlando area for:
- Couples weekend getaways and staycations
- Ladies spa outings
- Guys golf weekends (as the Waldorf Astoria Golf Club is right on site)
Endless Summer Recommendation: If you are spending the full day at a theme park and are fine with a lesser quality hotel, there are less expensive options than the Waldorf Astoria that are in the immediate area of Walt Disney World.
Our Endless Summer Hotel Rating
While we feel that the Waldorf Astoria Orlando is a one of the highest high quality hotel in central Florida and it is the most impressive hotels in the Bonnet Creek Resort area (Hilton Orlando Bonnet Creek, JW Marriott Orlando Bonnet Creek and the Wyndham Grand).
We would say that this hotel is in a very elite class in the greater Orlando area and on par with the Ritz Carlton Orlando Grand Lakes, Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort and the Four Seasons Resort Orlando at Walt Disney World.
We rate the Hilton Orlando Bonnet Creek a 4.75 out of a possible 5 stars and would recommend it for your next trip to Orlando.