The AAA Four Diamond Wyndham Grand Orlando Resort Bonnet Creek is part of the Bonnet Creek resort and is one of the finest hotels near the Walt Disney World Resort. Opened in 2011, this amazing resort hotel consists of 14-floors of 400 well-appointed rooms & suites and is part of the 62-acre Club Wyndham vacation club development.
One of the most significant benefits when visiting this hotel is that guests have full access to the amenities at the 1,400+ Club Wyndham (vacation club / time share)which are well beyond that of a typical 400-room hotel.
About the Wyndham Grand Orlando Resort Bonnet Creek
The Bonnet Creek Resort is a 500-acre nature preserve resort development located immediately adjacent to Walt Disney World Resort. This amazing hotel and resort development features the Wyndham Grand Orlando Resort Bonnet Creek along with a number of other luxury hotels and resorts which include:
- The Waldorf Astoria Orlando
- The Hilton Orlando Bonnet Creek
- The JW Marriott Orlando Bonnet Creek
- Club Wyndham Bonnet Creek Resort
Bonnet is located adjacent to Interstate 4 just south of Epcot Center Drive. Access to the resort is from East Buena Vista Drive via Chelonia Parkway which is next to Disney’s Riviera Resort. The Wyndham Grand is at the far end of the Club Wyndham resort and has it’s own .
Wyndham Grand Orland Resort Bonnet Creek
14651 Chelonia Parkway
Orlando, Florida 32821
It is a fairly direct route from the Orlando International Airport via SR 528 (the Beachline Expressway) to Interstate 4 west. Barring any significant traffic issues, it will take approximately 30 minutes to get from the airport to the resort. The Orlando / Orange County Convention Center is also quite close the Wyndham Grand at just 10 miles along Interstate 4 east towards downtown Orlando.
Since the Wyndham Grand is located immediately adjacent to the Walt Disney World Resort, all four Disney theme parks as well as the two Disney water parks and Disney Springs are a very short distance. The hotel is perfectly situated to view the nightly theme park fireworks displays from Epcot and Disney’s Hollywood Studios.
Travel time per Google Maps (non-peak hours) to the other Orlando area theme parks and significant destinations include:
- The Universal Orlando Resort: approximately 20 minutes
- SeaWorld Orlando: approximately 15 minutes
- ICON Park: approximately 20 minutes
- Downtown Orlando: approximately 30 minutes
- Vineland Premium Outlets: approximately 15 minutes
- The Mall at Millenia: approximately 25 miles
- The Florida Mall: approximately 25 minutes
If you want to take a day at the beach, the Wyndham Grand is a fairly easy drive to the Tampa/Clearwater Beach area (90 minutes), Cape Canaveral (approximately 60 minutes) and Daytona Beach (approximately 90 minutes). Guests can make it a day trip by leaving in the morning, spending the day at one of the beachside towns, and returning later in the evening.
One of the unique aspects of the Wyndham Grand is that it is pet friendly for pets up to 25 pounds. there is an additional fee of $150 for stays up to 6 nights and a $400 fee for stays 7 to 14 nights (14 nights is the limited for guests with pets).
Hotels Amenities at the Wyndham Grand Orlando Resort Bonnet Creek
The amenities at the Wyndham Grand are extensive as guests enjoy use not only the hotels amenities, but those of the entire 62-acre, 1400+ unit Club Wyndham Bonnet Creek Resort (vacation club / time share).
Amenities at the Wyndham Grand Bonnet Creek Include:
- A private lagoon-style outdoor swimming pool immediately behind the hotel along with access to the Club Wyndham facilities which include five pools, eight hot tubs, two lazy rivers and two splash pads. There is a pirate themed pool with water slide adjacent to Tower 6.
- A fully equipped fitness center with a variety of cardiovascular equipment, and strength training machines.
- A miniature golf course and shuffle board courts.
- Game room, craft studio and Ping Pong
- Shuttle service to the Walt Disney World theme parks and Disney Springs
- The full-service Blue Harmony Spa
- Outdoor barbeque grills
- On-site gift shop, room service and bell service
- Jogging trails around a private 10-acre lake
Dining at the Wyndham Grand Orlando Resort Bonnet Creek
From quick-service to casual dining as well as fine dining, the Wyndham Grand Bonnet Creek has something to offer for all tastes.
deep blu Seafood Grill & Sushi
Deep Blue is the fine dining venue at the Wyndham Grand. Open for dinner service from 5:30 PM to 10:00 PM, this amazing restaurant received the Five Diamond award by AAA in 2019. From the blu Crab Crusted Grouper to the Seafood Cioppino along with the grilled Filet or Swordfish, there are a variety of option for any palette.
Back Bay Bar and Grill
Guests will dine poolside at this casual sports bar and enjoy views of the resorts 10-acre lake. Back Bay is open daily from 11:00 AM to 10:00 PM and serves a variety of appetizers, sandwiches, burgers and salads along with a number of specialty cocktails. There is also a kids menu featuring chicken fingers, sliders, grilled cheese and hot dogs.
Tesoro Cove is the Wyndham’s breakfast restaurant featuring a full hot breakfast buffet with omelets, waffles, fresh fruit and more.
As of the date of our stay Tesoro Cove was temporarily closed.
Bar 1521 / Bar 1521 Sushi
Guests will enjoy a variety of appetizers & entrees, sushi, cocktails, wine and beer in this sophisticated lobby bar. Bar 1521 opens from 4:00 PM to midnight daily while the sushi bar is open from Tuesday to Saturday from 5:00 PM to 10:00 PM. There is a daily happy hour from 4:00 PM to 6:00 PM.
Grand Eats Delivery
Guests have the option of contactless delivery right of their meals right to their room from the Barista (6:oo AM to 11:00 AM), Back Bay Bar & Grill (11:00 AM to 10:00 PM) and Bar 1521 (4:00 PM to 10:00 PM).
Located right in the lobby of the Wyndham Grand, guests can get coffee, drinks, breakfast sandwiches and other snacks at this quick-service café. The Barista is open for breakfast and lunch every day and until 8:PM on Friday and Saturday.
The Rooms at the Wyndham Grand Orlando Resort Bonnet Creek
Rooms and suites range in size from approximately 440 square feet to more than 800 square feet and were fully renovated in 2018. The rooms feature private balconies (select rooms), Simmons Beauty rest mattresses and high quality bathroom finishes.
The room types at the Wyndham Grand Bonnet Creek are as follows:
- Deluxe guest room with one King bed
- Deluxe guest room with two Queen beds
- Deluxe guest room with one King bed and balcony
- Deluxe guest room with two Queen beds and balcony
- Lake view guest room with one King bed and balcony
- Lake view guest room with two Queen beds and balcony
- Lake view guest room with one King bed and a family bunk bed
- Lake view guest room with two Queen beds and a family bunk bed
- Junior Presidential Suite with living room, gourmet kitchen, whirlpool tube and balcony
- Presidential Suite with living room, gourmet kitchen, whirlpool tube and balcony
Each room includes a 55 inch flat panel LG television featuring HBO, ESPN, CNN and pay-per-view movies, complimentary high-speed internet, AM/FM alarm clock radio with iPod dock, mini-refrigerator, in-room safe, Keurig coffee maker with premium coffees & teas, iron/ironing board, hair dryer, massaging showerhead, two-line phone with voice mail, Institut Karite Paris bath products and 24-hour room service.
Conferences and Events at the Wyndham Grand Orlando Resort Bonnet Creek
Orlando is known for massive luxury hotel conference centers (similar to that in the nearby Hilton Bonnet Creek and Waldorf Astoria which have approximately 250,000 square feet of conference and event space), the facilities at the Wyndham Grand Bonnet Creek are more intimate but considered ample for the size of the property.
The resort features 8 different event indoor and outdoor event venues with over 50,000 square feet of function space. There is a variety of private and semi-private banquet rooms, multiple ballrooms for up to 400 guests, a professional boardroom for small meetings and a multi-purpose function room.
Hotels Rates at the Wyndham Grand Orlando Resort Bonnet Creek
Rates are this resort vary for different dates throughout the year. The rates shown below are the best available rate for two adults and two-children in three different room types offered at the Wyndham Grand Orlando Resort Bonnet Creek.
The following rates were obtained from the hotel web site at the time of publication.
|Rates for 2022||July 15th||Oct. 15th||Dec. 15th|
|Deluxe Room – 2 Queen Beds||$269.00||$371.00||$291.00|
|Lake View – 2 Queen Beds||$285.00||$376.00||$299.00|
|Lake View with Balcony – 2 Queen Beds||$305.00||$396.00||$319.000|
There is a resort fee of $38.00 per day as well a 6% resort tax on top of a 6.5% sales tax on rates for this hotel. Other charges include an on-site parking fee of $27.00 per day.
Check-in time is at 4:00 PM on the initial day of the stay and check-out time is 11:00 AM.
What We Liked about the Wyndham Grand Orlando Resort Bonnet Creek
This hotel is brand new and there are so many things to like. Following are some of the highlights:
- Extensive amenities. There were multiple pools and amenities available for guests since the Wyndham Grand is part of the adjacent Club Wyndham. There is also free transportation to the Disney parks.
- Excellent location. This resort is immediately adjacent to the Walt Disney World Resort and guests can be at the entrance to Epcot and Disney’s Hollywood Studios is about 10 to 15 minutes. Although the Epcot firework show did not take place during our stay, it is anticipated that you can see it from the higher floors of this hotel.
- Friendly Staff. Although our stay was right after the COVID reopening, the hotel staff was very accommodative to our needs and those of other guests.
What We Didn’t Like about the Wyndham Grand Orlando Resort Bonnet Creek
There were no doubt challenges due to the COVID pandemic which had an impact on our stay. But with that in mind here is what we did not like about the Wyndham Grand.
- Not everything is open and the hotel seemed understaffed. We would expect this to change when the hotel is operating at full capacity and COVID restrictions are reduced.
- Crowded Pool. The adjacent lazy river pools at Club Wyndham were crowded to the point that there was no space to sit.
- Additional Fees. Although resort fees and parking fees are becoming the norm in luxury hotels in Orlando, the $38 daily resort fee and $27 daily parking fee can increase the cost of your stay quite substantially.
What We Think the Wyndham Grand Orlando Resort Bonnet Creek is Perfect For:
This hotel has so much to offer in just about every area and we consider it perfect for the travelers who are coming to the Orlando area for:
- Walt Disney World family vacations
- Couples weekend getaways and staycations
- Ladies spa outings
- Guys golf weekends (a number of golf courses are in the immediate area)
Endless Summer Recommendation: If you are spending the full day at a theme park and are fine with a lesser quality hotel, there are less expensive options than the Wyndham Grand Bonnet Creek that are in the immediate area of Walt Disney World.
Our Endless Summer Hotel Rating
While we feel that the Wyndham Grand is a fairly high quality hotel, it is not as impressive as the other hotels in the Bonnet Creek Resort area (JW Marriott Orlando Bonnet Creek, the Hilton Orlando Bonnet Creek and the Waldorf Astoria Bonnet Creek). However, this resort does provides a great value for the price when visiting Walt Disney World and an attractive alternative to hotels along Hotel Plaza Boulevard, Disney’s Port Orleans and Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort.
We rate the Wyndham Grand Bonnet Creek Resort & Spa 4 out of a possible 5 stars and would recommend it for your next trip to Orlando.