The Orlando World Center Hotel by Marriott is one of the premier off site hotels near the Walt Disney World Resort in Orlando, Florida. When originally opened in 1986 the Orlando World Center was one of the largest hotels in Florida. This spectacular property consists of 2,008 rooms including 121 suites which is adjacent to Intestate 4. Interstate 4 is the local areas main Interstate highway and provides access to all areas of greater Orlando.
The Orlando World Center shares a 200-acre site with Marriott’s Imperial Palms Villas and Marriott’s Royal Palms both of which are vacation ownership (time-share) properties.
This hotel features are immense and include a massive lagoon pool & water park with a separate spa pool and an indoor pool, full service spa, extensive conference center, kids club, 18-hotel golf course. Each of these specific features in highlighted below.
About the Orlando World Center by Marriott
Although more than 30-years old, this hotel does not disappoint. Originally opened for guests in March 1986 as an off-site alternative to The Walt Disney World resort hotels, this property has grown in size to one of the largest in the Orlando area. In 2002 the World Center added a new 500-room tower and in 2007 a 104,000 square foot meeting space added to the existing convention facilities. In 2008 the Florida Department of Environmental Protection awarded the hotel a Green Lodging Certification.
Situated on approximately 200-acres, the property is located at the northeast corner of Interstate 4 and World Center Drive. World Center Drive provides immediate access to The Walt Disney World Resort (the road name changes to Epcot Center Drive on the west side of Interstate 4).
It will take approximately 25 to 30 minutes to get to the Orlando World Center from the Orlando International Airport 18 minutes to get to the Orlando / Orange County Convention Center. The Orlando area theme parks are also a short distance to the hotel and per Google Maps, travel time is as follows (non-peak hours):
- The Magic Kingdom Park at the Walt Disney World Resort: 13 to 16 minutes.
- EPCOT at the Walt Disney World Resort: 14 to 15 minutes.
- Disney’s Hollywood Studios at the Walt Disney World Resort: 13 to 16 minutes.
- Disney’s Animal Kingdom at the Walt Disney World Resort: 12 to 15 minutes.
- Disney Springs at the Walt Disney World Resort: 9 to 11 minutes.
- Universal Orlando Resort: 13 to 22 minutes.
- SeaWorld Orlando: 7 to 14 minutes.
- Downtown Orlando: 29 to 35 minutes.
The majority of the rooms and suite features a view of the pools, grounds, lakes and / or the golf course and include featherbeds, mini-refrigerators, reading chairs & large desks, a bathtub/shower combination, high-speed wireless internet access and a smart television. There is also a coffee make/tea service in each room also with a safe and complimentary bottled water. Select rooms have a balcony which offer incredible views.
The Marriott Orlando World Center offers 24-hour room service, on-site laundry, babysitting services, floral services, a beauty shop, gift shop, vending machines, valet parking, foreign exchange, a Hertz car rental desk, daily housekeeping and a full service Concierge desk.
Amenities at the Orlando World Center by Marriott
As similar to most luxury hotels in the Orlando metro area, there is no lack of amenities at the Orlando World Center. What really sets this hotel apart from the others is its massive “Falls Pool Oasis” which was “Voted one of the ‘World’s Coolest Hotel Pools’ by Forbes”.
The Falls Pool Oasis area features:
- A massive lagoon pool which is the largest in Orlando.
- Two 200-foot winding water slides.
- A 90-foot speed slide.
- Kids’s zero-entry pool with water toys and activities.
- Four whirlpools.
- A “Legoland play area” featuring arts & crafts.
- Salsa and Aqua Zumba lessons.
- Live poolside music Thursday to Saturday.
- Snow cones every Saturday.
- A “Mermaid Academy” children ages 4 to 12.
- Private Cabanas with seating for up to 8 guests and a 32-inch television; towel and bottled water service is provided.
- Poolside daybeds are offered with seat two; towel and bottled water service is provided.
- Visits from Gatorland®
- Movie nights
In addition to the Falls Pool Oasis there is a separate spa pool by the west tower as well as an indoor pool.
Other hotel amenities:
- Children’s playground
- Executive business center
- 24-hour Fitness center
- Guest Laundry
- Tennis courts, sand volleyball courts and a basketball court
- Complimentary theme park transportation
In addition to all the amenities shown above, the Orlando World Center Marriott hosts a nightly laser light show as well as fireworks on the fourth of July holiday. The laser light show is very unique for any hotel in the greater Orlando area and not to be missed.
The Spa at the Marriott Orlando World Center
The Spa at the Orlando World Center Marriott has a number of services from Swedish massages, facials, body treatments and aromatherapy that will alleviate stress and help you relax.
A sample of the services offered include:
- Pressure massages
- Warm stone massages
- Couple’s massage
- The World at Your Feet Reflexology Treatment
- “Around the World in Eight Minutes” – Signature massage experience
- World of Beauty – Signature facial
- Back facial
- Alpha-Beta Peel and Facial
- Sugar Scrub
- World Center Aromatherapy Escape & Wrap – Signature body treatment
In addition to spa serves there is a full service salon providing a full compliment of hair and nail services.
Included in the spa facility is a 4,000 square foot state-of-the-art fitness center. Open 24-hours a day, this facility features 21 cardiovascular machines, and has a variety of fitness machines, free weights and a 1.5 mile outdoor jogging track.
Hawk’s Landing Golf Club at the Orlando World Center Marriott
The Hawk’s Landing Golf Club at the Orlando World Center Marriott features an 18-hole championship golf course designed by golf course architect Robert Cupp Jr. The course is a par-71 layout with over 6,600 yards, has a slope rating of 131, and water is along 15 holes. Golfers will enjoy the surroundings of Florida wildlife, native birds and fragrant beds of azaleas.
Surrounding the Orlando World Center on three sides, the resort web site states “Fun and challenging for all levels of play, the course is convenient for golf enthusiast staying anywhere in the Central Florida area”.
You can either walk or rent one of the golf carts which have a touch screen GPS monitoring unit. There is also a pro shop, full-service locker rooms for both men & women and the Hawk’s Landing Steakhouse & Grille. TaylorMade rental clubs and shoes are available at the pro show. The course is considered to be in the top tier for Orlando hotels and Golf Digest ranked Hawk’s Landing as a four-star facility.
Instruction is provided by The Jack Nicklaus Academy of Golf at the Orlando World Center Marriott. The Academy facility consists of a 100-yard tee box along with a covered hitting area, putting green/short game training area and “unique targets” on the range. Private lessons, group programs and specialty clinics are offered along with half and full-day golf school packages. Certified instructions by the Nicklaus Academy us a variety of high-speed video analysis, pressure / balance maps, K-Vest Kinematic Assessment & Training technology and Flightscope Launch Monitors. Contact information for the Nicklaus Academy is 407.238.8870.
Dining at the Orlando World Center Marriott
From pool side dining to room service as well as grab-and-go and fine dining restaurants, there are a number of options at the Orlando World Center Marriott for every taste. If none of these work then you can always call room service.
The individual dining venues at the hotel are as follows:
- Latitude & Longitude: Open for breakfast, lunch and dinner from 7:00 am to 10:00 PM, this restaurant has something for everyone one. Latitude & Longitude uses locally produced and organic ingredients and features a variety of dishes from meats to fish, salads, burgers and appetizers. For more information on Latitude & Longitude, please click here.
- Siro Urban Italian Kitchen: Enjoy Italian cuisine in this upscale but casual restaurant. Featured items include Artisan meats, stone oven pizzas and fresh antipasti. Siro is only open for dinner service and the menu can be viewed by clicking here.
- High Velocity: High Velocity is the resorts sports bar and restaurant featuring an array of televisions to watch the big game while enjoying of the many draft beers that are available. This restaurant is only open for dinner and the menu includes a selection of burgers, wings, appetizers and more. Click here to see the menu at High Velocity.
- Mikado Japanese Steakhouse: Enjoy watching the hibachi chef’s work teppanyaki style at this fun filled restaurant. Each entree comes prepared with fried rice, vegetables and your choice of dessert. This restaurant is only open for dinner. Click here to see the menu at the Mikado Japanese Steakhouse.
- The Lobby Lounge: Enjoy specialty cocktails, appetizers and sushi while relaxing at the Lobby Lounge. The lounge is only open for dinner service.
- Falls Pool Bar & Grill: From burgers to sandwiches and salads as well as specialty cocktails, guests can dine poolside for both lunch and dinner. If you don’t want to get up, the pool area servers can bring you order directly to your lounge chair.
- Central Pantry: Grab-and-go dining from sandwiches, flatbreads, breakfast items, frozen yogurt and snacks. Open daily for breakfast, lunch and dinner from 6:00 am to 2:00 am.
- Starbucks®: You will find everything from coffee to snacks at this all time favorite. Open for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
In addition to the dining options shown above, there is also the Hawk’s Landing Steakhouse & Grille at the the adjacent Hawk’s Landing Golf Club. This restaurant features USDA Prime beef and fresh seafood.
The Rooms at the Orlando World Center Marriott
There are a variety of different rooms in the 28-stories of the Orlando World Center Marriott which range from standing guests rooms with one king or two queen beds featuring pool or lawn views, executive suites, fairway king suites, promenade suites, two- and three- bay vista suites and various types of Ambassador suites.
We have stayed at this hotel a number of times and always found the rooms to be spacious and well appointed. Room features include:
- Comfortable featherbeds with down comforters a
- Spacious bathrooms with combination tub/shower
- Internet ready HDTV’s
- High speed wireless internet
- Patios with incredible views (select rooms)
- Coffee maker/tea service
- In room safe
There is a $30 per night resort fee that is charged by the Orlando World Center Marriott. This fee includes:
- Daily scheduled shuttle bus service to the Walt Disney World Resort theme parks for up to 4 guests.
- Nightly scheduled shuttle bus service to Disney Springs for up to 4 guests.
- In-room enhances wireless internet service for up to 6 devices.
- Daily bucket of practice golf balls as the driving range and 15% off retail green rates.
- 15% discount on the retail price of spa services.
- Daily credit of up to 2 pieces of clothing per room towards dry cleaning.
Conferences & Events at the Orlando World Center Marriott
The Orlando World Center Marriott has world class convention and meeting space with 450,000 square feet of banquet halls, meeting rooms and convention facilities. Whether you are planning an intimate wedding or a large convention, The World has a venue for just about every event.
- 74 individual event rooms
- 338,306 square feet of total event space
- 10,0000 person capacity of their largest space
- 105,000 square foot pillar-free ballroom (Cypress Ballroom)
- 74 maximum breakout rooms
- Numerous terrace, lawn space and outdoor venues are available and can accommodate up to 3,000 guests
What We Liked at the Orlando World Center Marriott
There are so many things to like at this outstanding hotel. Following are some of the highlights that we really like:
- Amazing lagoon pool with water sides
- Great location near the Walt Disney World Resort
- On-site golf course
- Great on-site restaurants for all tastes and budgets
- Free shuttle to the local area theme parks
- Outstanding theme park views and you can see fireworks from EPCOT
What We Didn’t Like at the Orlando World Center Marriott
There wasn’t much NOT to like at the Orlando World Center Marriott so we had to be a little picky here but here is what we did not like at the hotel:
- $30 per day resort fee (resort fees are now very common in Orlando)
- $22 per day self parking fee
- When self parking there is a very long walk from the parking garage to the hotel lobby. Shuttle service is offered but wait times can be long.
- The pool area can get very crowded during summer weekends, conventions and holidays so get a deck chair early and be prepared to wait for the pool slides.
What We Think the Orlando World Center Marriott is Perfect For:
There is so much to do at this hotel you will find it very hard to check all the boxes in a short vacation. We consider the Orlando World Center Marriott a great place for the travelers who are coming to the central Florida area for:
- A Walt Disney World Family Vacation: You are just a few miles for Disney and can see most of the theme parks as well Disney Springs from the hotel. There is also free transportation provided.
- Conventions and Business Expos: The Orlando World Center has great convention and meeting facilities to go along with all the amenities of a resort hotel; something to consider for your next company outing. Make sure you bring your family along too.
- Weekend Spa Getaways for the Ladies: This hotel has fantastic spa facilities with a number of different treatments and services. They are always offering specials and deals as well. Afterwards you and the girls can have lunch by the pool.
- Golf Weekend for the Guys: The guys will enjoy Hawk’s Landing Golf Club which has an 18-hole championship course and a Jack Nicklaus Academy of Golf school.
- A Quick Staycation: For those that live nearby, the Orlando World Center Marriott is perfect to relax and enjoy some time away from the everyday routine.
The hotel rates at the Orlando World Center Marriott are highly seasonal and vary, especially when large conventions are hosted at the hotel. For a one king or two queen room we have seen rates around $150 per night but also as high as $500 per night.
Endless Summer Hotel Rating
Whether on-site or off-site, we have been to most of the luxury hotels in the Orlando area and the Orlando World Center Marriott ranks right up there with the best. We give this hotel 4.5 out of a possible 5 stars and recommend it for your next trip to Orlando.