The JW Marriott Orlando Grande Lakes is one of the finest hotels throughout the greater Orlando area. This amazing property consists of 1,000 rooms including 64 suites on a 500-acre site that it shares with the Ritz-Carlton Orlando, Grande Lakes.
A number of hotel features are shared with the Ritz-Carlton Grande Lakes including the spa, fitness center, golf course, recreational facilities, the kids club and the conference center. Each of these specific features are highlighted below.
JW Marriott Orlando Grande Lakes – Frequently Asked Questions
How far is the JW Marriott Orlando Grande Lakes from Walt Disney World?
The JW Marriott Orlando Grande Lakes is 13 miles to the toll plaza at the Magic Kingdom Park, 12.1 miles to the EPCOT Toll Plaza, 11.3 miles to Disney’s Hollywood Studios Toll Plaza and 13 miles to the toll plaza for Disney’s Animal Kingdom.
The Lime Parking Garage at Disney Springs is 9.5 miles from the JW Marriott Orlando Grande Lakes.
How far is the Orange County Convention Center from the JW Marriott Orlando Grande Lakes?
The Orange County Convention Center is 5.1 miles from the JW Marriott Orlando Grande Lakes.
How much does it cost to stay at the JW Marriott Orlando Grande Lakes?
Standard rates for the JW Marriott Orlando Grande Lakes for 2-nights start from around $215 per night for weekdays and go up to $239 per night for weekends.
It there a Resort Fee and Parking Charge at JW Marriott Orlando Grande Lakes?
There is a $40 per night Resort Fee for guests staying at the JW Marriott Orlando Grande Lakes which includes the following items:
- In room enhanced high-speed internet
- Two pool floats for the lazy river
- Mountain bike rental (two bikes per day for one hour)
- Theme park transportation to Walt Disney World, Universal Orlando and SeaWorld
- Driving range privileges
- Tennis court access for two guests (one hour per day)
- Fitness center class for two guests (one class per day)
The JW Marriott Orlando Grande Lakes offers valet parking for $40 per day or self-parking at $30 per day.
Does the JW Marriott Orlando Grande Lakes have an airport shuttle?
The JW Marriott and the Ritz-Carlton Grande Lakes Orlando do not offer airport shuttle service. Outside transportation services are available through the concierge desk.
Does the JW Marriott Orlando Grande Lakes have a lazy river?
The JW Marriott Orlando Grande Lakes has a zero-entry resort style heated pool, lazy river, children’s splash pad and the AquaCourse 360 water based obstacle course.
About the JW Marriott Orlando Grande Lakes
This exceptional hotel originally opened on July 1, 2003 and was completely renovated in 2011. The property is located at the southwest corner of Central Florida Parkway and the John Young Parkway, just east of the tourist service district.
It will take about 15 to 20 minutes to get to the JW Marriott from the Orlando International Airport and between five to ten minutes to get to the Orlando / Orange County Convention Center. The Orlando area theme parks are also a short distance to the hotel and per Google Maps, travel time is as follows (non-peak hours):
- Universal Orlando Resort: Approximately 20 minutes.
- SeaWorld Orlando: 10 minutes.
- The Magic Kingdom Park at the Walt Disney World Resort: 24 to 30 minutes.
- EPCOT at the Walt Disney World Resort: 25 to 29 minutes.
- Disney’s Hollywood Studios at the Walt Disney World Resort: 23 to 24 minutes.
- Disney’s Animal Kingdom at the Walt Disney World Resort: 21 to 28 minutes.
- Disney Springs at the Walt Disney World Resort: 19 to 22 minutes.
- Downtown Orlando: 25 to 28 minutes.
Each room or suite features a view of the pool, grounds, lakes and / or the golf course and includes featherbeds, marble vanities, separate marble bathtub and shower, high-speed wireless internet access and a smart television. There is also a coffee make/tea service in each room also with a safe and complimentary bottled water.
The hotel offers 24-hour room service, on-site laundry, babysitting services, floral services, a beauty shop, gift shop, vending machines, valet parking, foreign exchange, a car rental desk, daily housekeeping and a full service Concierge desk.
Amenities at the JW Marriott Grande Lakes
The JW Marriott has some of the best hotel amenities available of just about any resort property in the greater Orlando area. With an amazing lazy river pool, an 18-hole Greg Norman golf course to a number of nature tours and activities, you will never have to leave the property to find something to do.
The JW Marriott’s Unique hotel amenities include:
- A 24,000 square foot Lazy River Pool with Beach Entry: One of the most amazing pools of any hotel in central Florida. You can spend all day floating in the lazy river or relaxing by the pool with one of the resorts signature cocktails.
- AquaCourse 360: A fun water obstacle course and play area – this is the first of its kind in the Orlando area.
- Eco-Tour on Shingle Creek: Take a two-hour guided canoe tour with a master naturalist along the waters of Shingle Creek. You will experience native wildlife as you paddle through old Florida. Cost is $60 for adults and $40 for children 17 and younger.
- Pedal Boat and Kayak Rentals: Enjoy a ride on Grande Lake which is right behind the resort. Must be 18 years of age to rent and times are limited from 8:AM to 10:AM and 4:PM to 6:PM daily.
- Sunrise Safari: Take a guided trip on a customized golf cart with the JW’s master naturalist to explore the 500-acre property. You may just find a host of Florida wildlife include alligators, bobcat, whitetail deer, raccoons, birds and more. Cost is $60 per person.
- Falconry Experiences: Learn the art of Falconry in an hour “Falconry School” session or “Walk with a Hawk” where yo will interact with the birds. Costs range from $250 to $300 per person with special rates for groups of six or more.
- Fishing: Enjoy guided Fishing Excursions or Fly Casting Instruction in one of the resorts 11 stocked and managed lakes. Spinning tackle or fly rods are provided and no license is needed. you can fish from either shore or aboard one of the resorts boats. Costs range from $60 to $75 per person.
- Mountain Biking: The Grande Lakes resort is also home to the two-mile Hidden Lake mountain bike trail. Guests can rent a new SCOTT bicycle and ride on their own or with a guide.
Other hotel amenities:
- Children’s splash area
- Game room
- Children’s playground
- Executive business center
- Fitness center
- Tennis courts
- Complimentary theme park transportation
The Spa at the JW Marriott Grande Lakes
The Ritz-Carlton Spa is sits right next to the JW Marriott Grande Lakes and is shared by both hotels. This three-story 40,000 square foot spa is one of the largest in the central Florida area and offers a variety of treatments.
- 40 Individual Treatment Rooms
- A private, 4,000 square foot outdoor heated lap pool with healing waters
- Full service salon
- Co-ed relaxation conservatory
- The Spa cafe – “Vitale”
- The Spa boutique – “Tranquility”
- Sauna, steam room and jacuzzi
Included in the spa facility is a 6,000 square foot Fitness / Center: This facility is open 24 hours as day and has a variety of fitness machines, free weights and a studio for a number of programs include Boot Camp, Yoga, Pilates and Cycle. Personal one-on-one training is available and a complimentary fitness equipment orientation is provided.
The Golf Club at the JW Marriott Grande Lakes
The Ritz-Carlton Golf Club is also part of the Grande Lakes Orlando Resort and like the spa, is available to guests of both the JW Marriott and Ritz-Carlton hotels. The 18-hole Greg Norman Signature Golf Course is a perfect fit for the Shingle Creek area and is a Certified Audubon Cooperative Sanctuary which enhances the local wildlife and protects the natural environment.
The course has five sets of tees and features wide fairways, well placed hazards and contoured greens. The course’s web site says it provides “a challenging but fair test of a golfer’s abilities”. There is an optional caddie concierge program to go along with golf carts as well as a clubhouse with pro shop and restaurant.
In addition to the practice range and putting area, golf instruction is offered and provided by Larry Rinker who is a for PGA Tour player. A variety of different instruction packages are offered and can be found HERE.
Dining at the JW Marriott Grande Lakes
From pool side dining to grab-and-go as well as room service and fine dining restaurants, there are a number of options at the JW Marriott for every taste. The individual dining venues at the hotel are as follows:
- Primo: Enjoy Italian cuisine in this fine-dining restaurant by award-winning chef Melissa Kelly. Primo is only open for dinner service.
- Citron, An American Brasserie: Serving a wonderful breakfast from classic omelets to fresh-baked pastries. Citron is only open for breakfast.
- Whisper Creek Farm, The Kitchen: Inspired farm-to-table dining with specialties with derived from local Florida farms. Whisper Creek Farm is only open for dinner service.
- The Lobby Lounge & Sushi Bar: At the rear of the JW’s enormous lobby is the lounge and sushi bar featuring a varies of selections from Asian to raw bar delights. The lounge is only open for dinner service.
- Quench Poolside Bar & Grill: From burgers to sandwiches and salads, hotel guests will dine poolside. Pool area servers can bring you order directly to your lounge chair. Open only for lunch service.
- Cafe’ Bodega: Grab-and-go dining from sandwiches, soups, breakfast items and snacks. Only open for breakfast and lunch.
- Starbucks®: From coffee to snacks. Open for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
The Rooms at the JW Marriott Grande Lakes
There are a variety of rooms in the 26-stories of the JW Marriott which range from guests rooms with one king or two queen beds featuring lake, pool or lawn views, executive suites, grand suites, studio suites and even a one-bedroom / one and one-half bathroom Presidential Suite.
Every time we stayed at this hotel we found the rooms to be spacious and well appointed with features including:
- Comfortable featherbeds with down comforters and cotton-rich linens
- Marble bathrooms with oversized tubs and a separate shower
- Internet ready HDTV’s
- High speed wireless internet
- Patios with incredible views (select rooms)
- Coffee maker/tea service
- In room safe
Conferences & Events at the JW Marriott Grande Lakes
No matter if you are hosting an intimate gathering for 15 people, a 200 person wedding or a 3,000 person business conference, the facilities and staff at the Grande Lakes Resort can meet all of your event needs.
- 47 individual event rooms accommodating from 10 to over 3,000
- 41 maximum breakout rooms
- 144,785 square feet of event space which is one of the largest in central Florida
- 3,200+ capacity in the Coquina or Mediterranean ballrooms
- Numerous terrace, lawn space and outdoor venues are available
- Outdoor wedding lawn overlooking Grande Lake and the golf course.
Hotels Rates at the JW Marriott Orlando Grande Lakes
Rates are this resort vary for different dates throughout the year. The rates shown below are the best available rate for two adults in three different room types offered at the JW Marriott Orlando Grande Lakes.
The following rates were obtained from the hotel web site at the time of publication.
|Rates for 2021||July 15th||Sept. 15th||Dec.15th|
Guest Room – 1 King Bed
|Guest Room – 2 Queen Beds||$342.00||$283.00||NA|
|Lake View Guest Room – 1 King Bed||$381.00||$332.00||$479.00|
There is a resort fee of $40 per day as well a 6% resort tax on top of a 6.5% sales tax on rates for this hotel. The resort fee includes enhanced high speed guest room internet. two mountain bike rentals per day, driving range privileges, two lazy river floats, Shuttle transportation to SeaWorld, Universal Orlando and Walt Disney World, one fitness center class per day and a $50 credit towards a photography package. Other charges include an on-site parking fee of $29 per day.
If you are a Marriott Bonvoy member you can use points for these hotels. Category 6 hotels like the JW Marriott Orlando Grande Lakes require 40,000 during off peak nights, 50,000 during standard nights and 60,000 during peak nights.
What We Liked at the JW Marriott Grande Lakes:
There are so many things to like at this outstanding hotel. Following are some of the highlights that we really like:
- Luxurious hotel with great service
- Amazing pool with lazy river
- Great theme park views
- Fantastic amenities and so much to offer
- On-site golf course
- Great restaurants with a variety of different options
What We Didn’t Like at the JW Marriott Grande Lakes:
There wasn’t much NOT to like at the JW Marriott so we had to be a little picky here but here is what we did not like at the hotel:
- $38 per day resort fee (resort fees are now very common in Orlando)
- $29 per day self parking fee
- Slightly farther from the theme parks than other Orlando area hotels
- This hotel is enormous, be prepared to walk
- The pool area gets very crowded during summer weekends, major conventions and holidays
What We Think the JW Marriott Grande Lakes is Perfect For:
This hotel has so much to offer in just about every area and we consider it perfect for the travelers who are coming to the Orlando area for:
- Conventions and events
- Weekend getaways
- Spa trips with the girls
- Golf outings for the guys
- Theme park vacations (free transportation to the parks)
The hotel rates at the JW Marriott Grande Lakes are very seasonal and we have found that rates and availability do vary quite considerably throughout the year. For a one king or two queen room we have seen rates just below $200 per night but also as high as $500 per night.
Our Endless Summer Hotel Rating
We have been to just about every luxury hotel in the Orlando tourist area and the JW Marriott ranks right up there with the best. We give this hotel 4.75 out of a possible 5 stars and recommend it for your next trip to Orlando.