Some of the most enjoyable experiences at Walt Disney World for both first timers and frequent park visitors are the Disney character meet and greets as well as other character experiences.
From the classic characters Mickey Mouse and Donald Duck to the Disney Princesses, Pixar characters and even a number of personalities from the Star Wars movies, there are a number of spots where guests can visit to see their favorite Disney characters. Not only do these include the four theme parks but also a number of Disney resort hotels.
Each park features a number of permanent character meet and great locations along with parades, character dining experiences, character sightings, themed character shows and pop up character greetings.
In this article we are going to show you the many different ways that guests can meet the characters at Walt Disney World. As things are constantly changing, we highly recommend that guests check the MyDisneyExperience app for appearance times as well as wait times for permanent character locations.
Character Experiences and Meet & Greets at EPCOT
Most wouldn’t think EPCOT would be a good theme park to meet characters but that is surely not the case. Guests will find a number of Disney characters not only in World Celebration (formerly Future World), but also in the World Showcase. Let’s also not forget there are a couple great places for character dining.
Most of the characters are available at various times during the day so be sure to check the MyDisneyExperience app for times.
- Meet classic Disney characters like Mickey, Minnie, Pluto and Goofy just near the entrance adjacent to Spaceship Earth
- Winnie the Pooh will often be found playing in the lawn near the Imagination pavilion in World Celebration
- Joy from Inside Out and Vanellope from Wreck it Ralph are located in ImageWorks at the Imagination pavilion.
- Meet Mickey Mouse at the Pixar Short Film Festival location at the Imagination Pavilion
- Chip ‘n’ Dale’s Harvest Feast at the Garden Grill Restaurant located in The Land pavilion (character dining)
- Princess Storybook Dining at the Norway pavilion (character dining)
- Meet Alice from Alice in Wonderland at the United Kingdom pavilion
- Mary Poppins can also be found near the rear of the United Kingdom pavilion
- Meet Minnie Mouse, Pluto or Daisy Duck at the Friendship Ambassador Gazebo near the Disney Traders Store.
- Meet Anna and Elsa from Frozen at the Norway pavilion inside the Royal Sommerhus
- Meet Donald Duck just outside of the Mexico pavilion
- Mulan can be found in the gardens at the China pavilion (one of our favorite characters at EPCOT)
- Meet Belle in the France pavilion near the waterfront
- Meet Snow White at the Wishing Well in the Germany pavilion
- Princess Aurora can be found in the France Pavilion in the France Fragrance Gardens Gazebo
- Meet Jasmine in the Lamps of Wonder area of the Morocco pavilion
Character Experiences and Meet & Greets at Disney’s Animal Kingdom
Disney’s Animal Kingdom is the largest park at Walt Disney World Resort to see Disney Characters. This park hosts the largest number of permanent locations also with one of the best character parades of any theme park in Orlando.
- Kevin, Russell and Doug from UP! along Discovery Island
- Chip and Dale along the Upper Cretaceous Trail in DinoLand U.S.A.
- Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse at the Adventures Outpost in Discovery Island
- Donald Duck in the Welcome Center of DinoLand U.S.A.
- Daisy Duck in Daisy’s Design Studio in DinoLand U.S.A.
- Tusker House Restaurant (character dining)
- Pocahontas behind the Tree of Life on Discovery Island
- Rafiki from The Lion King on Discovery Island
There are also a number of characters that are along a flotilla in the central lagoon at Disney’s Animal Kingdom.