Some of the most enjoyable experiences at Walt Disney World for both first timers and frequent park visitors are the Disney character meet and greets as well as other character experiences.
From the classic characters Mickey Mouse and Donald Duck to the Disney Princesses, Pixar characters and even a number of personalities from the Star Wars movies, there are a number of spots where guests can visit to see their favorite Disney characters. Not only do these include the four theme parks but also a number of Disney resort hotels.
Each park features a number of permanent character meet and great locations along with parades, character dining experiences, character sightings, themed character shows and pop up character greetings.
In this article we are going to show you the many different ways that guests can meet the characters at Walt Disney World. As things are constantly changing, we highly recommend that guests check the MyDisneyExperience app for appearance times as well as wait times for permanent character locations.
Character Experiences and Meet & Greets at the Magic Kingdom
The Magic Kingdom is the best place throughout the Walt Disney World Resort to see Disney Characters. This park hosts the largest number of permanent locations also with one of the best character parades of any theme park in Orlando.
- Meet Mickey Mouse at the Town Square Theater along Main Street USA, just after the entrance to the Magic Kingdom
- Buzz Lightyear at the Rocket Tower Plaza Stage in Tomorrowland
- Stitch at the Rocket Tower Plaza Stage in Tomorrowland
- The Country Bears (Big Al, Liver Lips McGrowl, Shaker & Wendell) on the Country Bear Jamboree Balcony in Frontierland
- Princess Fairytale Hall in Fantasyland features Cinderella and a visiting princess or two
- Merida at the Fairytale Garden in Fantasyland
- Meet Winnie the Pooh and Tigger at The Thotful Spot in Fantasyland
- Meet Peter Pan in Fantasyland
- Meet Daring Disney Pals as Circus Stars at Pete’s Silly Sideshow in Fantasyland
- Meet Chip & Dale at the Storybook Circus in Fantasyland
- Meet Ariel at Her Grotto in Fantasyland
- The Crystal Palace (character dining)
- Fairytale Dining at Cinderella’s Royal Table (character dining)
- Mickey’s Magical Friendship Faire (stage show in front of Cinderella’s Castle)
- Disney Festival of Fantasy Parade
Character Experiences and Meet & Greets at EPCOT
Most wouldn’t think EPCOT would be a good theme park to meet characters but that is surely not the case. Guests will find a number of Disney characters not only in World Celebration (formerly Future World), but also in the World Showcase. Let’s also not forget there are a couple great places for character dining.
Most of the characters are available at various times during the day so be sure to check the MyDisneyExperience app for times.
- Meet classic Disney characters like Mickey, Minnie, Pluto and Goofy just near the entrance adjacent to Spaceship Earth
- Winnie the Pooh will often be found playing in the lawn near the Imagination pavilion in World Celebration
- Joy from Inside Out and Vanellope from Wreck it Ralph are located in ImageWorks at the Imagination pavilion.
- Meet Mickey Mouse at the Pixar Short Film Festival location at the Imagination Pavilion
- Chip ‘n’ Dale’s Harvest Feast at the Garden Grill Restaurant located in The Land pavilion (character dining)
- Princess Storybook Dining at the Norway pavilion (character dining)
- Meet Alice from Alice in Wonderland at the United Kingdom pavilion
- Mary Poppins can also be found near the rear of the United Kingdom pavilion
- Meet Minnie Mouse, Pluto or Daisy Duck at the Friendship Ambassador Gazebo near the Disney Traders Store.
- Meet Anna and Elsa from Frozen at the Norway pavilion inside the Royal Sommerhus
- Meet Donald Duck just outside of the Mexico pavilion
- Mulan can be found in the gardens at the China pavilion (one of our favorite characters at EPCOT)
- Meet Belle in the France pavilion near the waterfront
- Meet Snow White at the Wishing Well in the Germany pavilion
- Princess Aurora can be found in the France Pavilion in the France Fragrance Gardens Gazebo
- Meet Jasmine in the Lamps of Wonder area of the Morocco pavilion
Character Experiences and Meet & Greets at Disney’s Hollywood Studios
Disney’s Hollywood Studios is one of the most fun and exciting theme parks at the Walt Disney World Resort and is a great place to find a number of Disney Characters. With specific lands for Toy Story and Star Wars Galas’s Edge, you can be sure to find some of your favorites from those movie franchises.
- Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse at Red Carpet Dreams along Commissary Lane
- Olaf at Celebrity Spotlight at Echo Lake
- The Incredibles at Sighting at Echo Lake
- Donald Duck and Daisy Duck on the Brown Derby Lawn along Hollywood Boulevard
- Chip and Dale near the Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular at Echo Lake
- BB-8 at the Star Wars Launch Bay in the Animation Courtyard
- Chewbacca at the Star Wars Launch Bay in the Animation Courtyard
- Darth Vader at the Star Wars Launch Bay in the Animation Courtyard
- Hollywood & Vine (character dining)
- Pluto in the Animation Courtyard
- Doc McStuffins in the Animation Courtyard
- Vampirina in the Animation Courtyard
- Goofy along Grand Avenue
- Max along Grand Avenue
- Fancy Nancy in the Animation Courtyard
- James P. Sullivan (Sulley) in the Animation Courtyard
- Woody near Toy Story Mania entrance in Toy Story Land
- Buzz Lightyear ne the Toy Story Land entrance
- Kylo Ren, Rey, Vi Moradi and First Order Stormtroopers around Batuu in Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge
In addition to the above referenced characters and locations, Disney’s Hollywood Studios features one of the best nighttime spectaculars in Fantasmic! This amazing live show that features not only Sorcerer Mikey but Mulan, Moana, Elsa, Aladdin and Pocahontas but has a grand finale that includes most of the classic Disney characters like the Disney Princesses.
Click here to see our Ultimate Guide to Disney’s Hollywood Studios
Character Experiences and Meet & Greets at Disney’s Animal Kingdom
Disney’s Animal Kingdom is the largest park at Walt Disney World Resort to see Disney Characters. This park hosts the largest number of permanent locations also with one of the best character parades of any theme park in Orlando.
- Kevin, Russell and Doug from UP! along Discovery Island
- Chip and Dale along the Upper Cretaceous Trail in DinoLand U.S.A.
- Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse at the Adventures Outpost in Discovery Island
- Donald Duck in the Welcome Center of DinoLand U.S.A.
- Daisy Duck in Daisy’s Design Studio in DinoLand U.S.A.
- Tusker House Restaurant (character dining)
- Pocahontas behind the Tree of Life on Discovery Island
- Rafiki from The Lion King on Discovery Island
There are also a number of characters that are along a flotilla in the central lagoon at Disney’s Animal Kingdom.
Click here to see our Ultimate Guide to Disney’s Animal Kingdom
Character Experiences at Disney World Hotels & Resorts
Not only will guests find the Disney characters at the theme parks, but there are number of places at the Disney hotels & resorts. At this time meet and greets are limited to character dining experiences but in our opinion, this is one of the best ways to meet some of your favorite characters.
- Chef Mickey’s Family Feast at Chef Mickey’s in Disney’s Contemporary Hotel
- Best Friend’s Breakfast featuring Lilo & Stitch at ‘Ohana in Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort
- Supercalifragilistic Breakfast at 1900 Park Fare in Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort
- Cinderella’s Happily Ever After Dinner at 1900 Park Fare in Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort
- Minnie’s Beach Bash Breakfast at the Cape May Cafe in Disney’s Beach Club Resort
- Story Book Dining at Artist Point with Snow White in Disney’s Wilderness Lodge
- Breakfast a la Art with Mickey & Friends at Topolinos Terrace in Disney’s Riviera Resort
Click here to see learn more about on-site hotels at Walt Disney World