The TownePlace Suites Orlando by Marriott is one of the newer hotels in the SeaWorld Orlando area. This 188-rooms “all suite” property that features spacious rooms which have kitchens, a resort style sized pool with splash area, poolside restaurant & bar and a fitness center.
This hotel is an “Official SeaWorld Hotel” which offers free transportation to SeaWorld Orlando, Aquatica and Discovery as well as discounts on theme park dining and merchandise. In addition to it’s proximity to SeaWorld, the TownPlace Suites is also just a few miles from the Orlando / Orange County Convention Center.
The TownePlace Suites Orlando is part of the Marriott Bonvoy rewards program where members can earn and use points during their stay. In addition, Marriott offers a “Best Rate Guarantee” when making a reservation using any “official” Marriott reservation channel.
If you thinking about staying at this or any other Marriott hotel, we would appreciate if you can use our links when making the reservations. Endless Summer is an affiliate with Marriott and receives a small commission for each stay that was referred by our website.
TownePlace Suites Orlando at SeaWorld – Frequently Asked Questions
What are the hotel rates at the TownePlace Suites Orlando at SeaWorld?
Hotel rates at the TownePlace Suites Orlando at SeaWorld vary based on the time of year but typically range from less than $100.00 per night to around $250.00 per night.
How close is the TownePlace Suites Orlando at SeaWorld to SeaWorld, Walt Disney World and Universal Orlando?
The TownePlace Suites Orlando at SeaWorld is located just adjacent to SeaWorld Orlando and Aquatica. Walt Disney World is located approximately 20 minutes away and Universal Orlando is about 15 minutes away.
How close is the TownePlace Suites Orlando at SeaWorld to Orlando International Airport?
The TownePlace Suites Orlando at SeaWorld is located approximately 20 to 25 minutes west of the Orlando International Airport. The quickest route is typically SR 528 west to International Drive.
Is there a Resort Fee or Parking Charge when staying at the TownePlace Suites Orlando at SeaWorld?
There is not a resort fee at TownePlace Suites Orlando at SeaWorld but the hotel charges $10 per night for parking.
Is there a pool at the TownePlace Suites Orlando at SeaWorld?
The TownePlace Suites Orlando at SeaWorld features a resort style pool with children’s water play area.
What are the food & beverage options at the TownePlace Suites Orlando at SeaWorld?
There is a poolside bar that features cocktails and light snacks. Several dining options are within walking distance just outside of the hotel.
What is the check-in and check-out time at the TownePlace Suites Orlando at SeaWorld?
The check in-time at the TownePlace Suites Orlando at SeaWorld is 4:00 PM and check out time is at 11:00 AM.
What is the pet policy at the TownePlace Suites Orlando at SeaWorld?
The TownePlace Suites Orlando at SeaWorld is a pet friendly hotel that allows up to two, 25 pound pets per room with a $100 per stay non-refundable fee.
How many Marriott Bonvoy points are needed for a free nights stay at the TownePlace Suites Orlando at SeaWorld?
With Marriott’s new point system now in place, the number of points varies by date / time of year. We have found that the number of points needed for a free night at the TownePlace Suites Orlando at SeaWorld ranges from around 20,000 up to 30,000 per night.
About the TownePlace Suites Orlando at SeaWorld
The TownePlace Suites Orlando at SeaWorld just is one of the newer hotels in the area. This property is well located along International Drive just steps from SeaWorld Orlando and minutes to the Convention Center / International Drive area.
TownPlace Suites Orlando at SeaWorld
10731 International Drive
Orlando, Florida 32821
It will take about 20 to 25 minutes to get to the hotel from the Orlando International Airport and around five minutes to get to the Orlando / Orange County Convention Center.
The Orlando area theme parks are also a short distance to the hotel and per Google Maps, travel time is as follows (non-peak hours):
- SeaWorld Orlando: approximately 5 minutes.
- Disney Springs at the Walt Disney World Resort: approximately 15 to 20 minutes.
- The Magic Kingdom Park at the Walt Disney World Resort: approximately 25 to 20 minutes.
- EPCOT at the Walt Disney World Resort: approximately 20 to 25 minutes.
- Disney’s Hollywood Studios at the Walt Disney World Resort: approximately 20 to 30 minutes.
- Disney’s Animal Kingdom at the Walt Disney World Resort: approximately 25 to 30 minutes.
- Universal Orlando Resort: approximately 15 to 20 minutes.
- Downtown Orlando: approximately 25 to 30 minutes.
The Local Area
Although TownePlace Suites is known for its proximity to SeaWorld Orlando and the convention center, there are so many other things to see and do in the local area. Some of these include:
- The Orlando Vineland Premium Outlets: This upscale outlet center is located just a few miles south at 8200 Vineland Road and features more than 160 stores including Nike, The Polo Outlet, Prada, The Disney Outlet, Gucci, Tory Burch and more.
- ICON Park on International Drive: This amazing 20-acre dining and entertainment complex is highlighted by a 400-foot observation wheel and located less than 10 minutes from the hotel. Click here to learn more about ICON Park.
- Pointe Orlando: More than 40 shops and restaurants along with a movie theater, BB King’s Blue Club and IMPROV Comedy Club are located about 5 minutes north along International Drive.
- Disney Springs: This massive shopping, dining and entertainment venue just should not be missed during your next visit to Orlando. Click here to learn more about Disney Springs.
If you have not seen the new Ice Breaker roller coaster at SeaWorld Orlando, check out our video:
Amenities at the TownePlace Suites Orlando at SeaWorld
The TownePlace Suites Orlando at SeaWorld is a value based hotel so while it may not have all the features of a full service resort, it does not lack on amenities.
- Outdoor Pool Area: There is a zero-entry outdoor pool with water play area along adequate patio seating surrounding the pool.
- Fitness Center: The hotel features an exercise room that includes cardio as well as strength training equipment.
- Poolside Bar: The Reflections poolside bar is open daily for drinks, light bites and snacks.
- On-Site Laundry Facilities: Guests have access to washers and dryers which are located throughout the hotel.
- Complimentary WIFI: WIFI is free throughout the guest rooms and common areas.
- Lobby Marketplace: Grab-and-go marketplace featuring snacks, drinks and sundries.
The Rooms at the TownePlace Suites Orlando at SeaWorld
There are a number of differing rooms types at the TownPlace Suites Orlando at SeaWorld. Details on the suites at the hotel are as follows:
- Studio suite with two Queen beds (350 square feet)
- Studio suite with one King bed (325 square feet)
- Studio suite with with King bed and a Sofa bed (325 square feet)
- One Bedroom Suite with two Queen beds and a Sofa bed (680 square feet)
- One Bedroom Suite larger suite with two Queen beds and a Sofa bed (970 square feet)
- Family One Bedroom Suite with one Queen or two twin beds (484 square feet)
Each room features a fully equipped kitchen that includes a refrigerator, dishwasher, microwave oven, stovetop, silverware, pots/pans, dishes and glasses. Additional room features include free-WIFI and small sofa with table, flat panel television, alarm clock, hairdryer, bathroom amenities (soap, shampoo & conditioner) iron / ironing board and a coffee maker / tea service.
WIFI speed was really good with 29.11 Mbps download speeds and 29.14 Mbps upload speeds (per Speedtest.net). This speed level was more than sufficient to successful perform a video conference call without interruption.
Like most hotels in the greater Orlando area, rates at the TownPlace Suites Orlando at SeaWorld are highly seasonal and we have found that rates and availability do fluctuate quite considerably throughout the year.
The rates shown below are the best available rate for two adults in three different room types offered at this hotel. The following rates were obtained from the hotel web site at the time of publication. Please note that nightly rates can change at any time.
|Nightly Rates||May 15th||July 15th||October 15th|
|Studio Two Queen Beds||$189.00||$269.00||$199.00|
|Studio One King & Sofa Bed||$209.00||$289.00||$219.00|
|One Bedroom with Two Queen Beds||$219.00||$299.00||$229.00|
Taxes: There is a 6% resort tax on top of a 6.5% sales tax. There are no resort fees but there is a $10 per night parking charge.
If you are a Marriott Bonvoy member you can use points for these hotels. With the new point system, we have seen the number of points for a free night range from 20,000 to 30,000 depending on the time of year.
What We Liked about the TownePlace Suites Orlando at SeaWorld
There are a number of things to like about the TownePlace Suites. Following are some of the highlights:
- Excellent value for the price
- Good location near SeaWorld Orlando, the Orange County Convention Center and the other theme parks
- Rooms with fully equipped kitchens
- Free transportation to SeaWorld
What We Didn’t Like at the TownePlace Suites Orlando at SeaWorld
There are a few things about the TownePlace Suites we do not like which include:
- Crowded parking lot during evening hours
- Limited on-site dining options
- Limited amenities
What We Think the TownePlace Suites Orlando at SeaWorld is Perfect For:
The TownePlace Suites is nice hotel and we find that it is perfect for:
- Families with children
- Weekend visits to the local Orlando theme parks
- Business travelers and convention visitors (convention center is less than 5 minutes away)
- Budget conscious travelers (affordable rates)
Our Endless Summer Hotel Rating
We have stayed the the TownePlace Suites Orlando at SeaWorld several times and always enjoy the hotel. While we don’t stay here for the amenities or dining options, it’s a clean and affordable hotel for a quick weekend at the theme parks (especially SeaWorld and Aquatica).
The South International Drive / SeaWorld area has seen a number of new hotels open over the past several years so the competition for the vacation and convention traveler is no doubt becoming more intense. With it’s spacious “all suite” rooms to compliment an affordable price, we feel that the TownPlace Suites will be able to hold it’s own among the dozens of hotels in the immediate area.
We give this hotel 3.75 out of a possible 5 stars (2022 review) and recommend it for your next trip to the Orlando area for both business and personal travel.