After it’s inaugural year, SeaWorld Orlando’s Howl-O-Scream is back for 2022 with more houses, scare zones, live Halloween themed shows and haunted houses.
Howl-O-Scream is held on select nights starting in early September and will run until Halloween night. SeaWorld closes its gates to daily visitors and the park is transformed into an adult-orientated fright fest with scare zones, haunted houses and themed shows. There is even a separate entrance located near Bayside Stadium to the right of the main entrance.
A separate ticket is needed to attend Howl-O-Scream and prices vary based on the individual date. The event begins at 7:00 PM and ends at 1:00 AM on Friday and Saturday evenings and from 7:00 PM to Midnight Thursday and Sunday evenings.
Click here to see our Photo Gallery for Howl-O-Scream (2022)
What does is cost to attend Howl-O-Scream at SeaWorld Orlando?
For 2022, Howl-O-Scream will run on select nights from September 9th to October 31st and is a separately ticketed event. The full calendar along with prices is shown below:
- September 9, 2022 – $29.99
- September 10, 2022 – $39.99
- September 11, 2022 – $29.99
- September 16, 2022 – $34.99
- September 17, 2022 – $39.99
- September 18, 2022 – $29.99
- September 23, 2022 – $34.99
- September 24, 2022 – $39.99
- September 25, 2022 – $29.99
- September 30, 2022 – $34.99
- October 1, 2022 – $39.99
- October 2, 2022 – $29.99
- October 7, 2022 – $39.99
- October 8, 2022 – $44.99
- October 9, 2022 – $29.99
- October 13, 2022 – $29.99
- October 14, 2022 – $39.99
- October 15, 2022 – $44.99
- October 16, 2022 – $29.99
- October 20, 2022 – $29.99
- October 21, 2022 – $44.99
- October 22, 2022 – $49.99
- October 23, 2022 – $34.99
- October 27, 2022 – $29.99
- October 28, 2022 – $44.99
- October 29, 2022 – $49.99
- October 30, 2022 – $34.99
- October 31, 2022 – $29.99
An unlimited visit ticket is being offered for $139.99 and there is also a “Night and Day” ticket which includes a single-day admission to SeaWorld and a single-night admission to Howl-O-Scream. There are discounts being offered to annual passholders so if you are one, make sure you log into the web site to check for the most current offers.
There are a number of upgrades offered for the 2022 Howl-O-Scream event at SeaWorld Orlando. These include:
- Front Line Fear: Single-use front of the line access to houses and rides – $69.00 and up.
- Front Line Fear Extreme: Unlimited front of the line access to houses and rides, one-time reserved seating and bonus scares – $79.00 and up.
- VIP Terror Tour: VIP guide from 7:00 PM to midnight, unlimited front of the line access to houses and rides, priority reserved seating for the shows, 4 complimentary beverages and a bonus scare – $199.00 and up.
One of the very unique add-ons was the “NO BOO” necklace. Those guests wearing this necklace will not be approached by Scare Actors. And for just $9.00, it makes for a great souvenir.
Haunted Houses at Howl-O-Scream
There are a number of haunted houses for Howl-O-Scream for 2022, each with its own terrifying theme.
Beneath The Ice
Located in the Wild Arctic attraction across from Shamu’s Stadium, guests will journey to the Arctic Circle to find a lost research facility that was buried under snow and ice. Once inside they will find unspeakable horrors and will “have to stay frosty and alert to survive”.
Just outside Beneath the Ice next to the Tormented Bar is a special feature to this haunted house. Guests can pay to hit a special “Scare Button” and scare those walking through the house itself. Four scares are offered for $5.00 and 19 scares are offered for $8.00.
Beneath the Ice was probably our favorite haunted house at Howl-O-Scream this year. It was a little chilly since it’s held in the Wild Arctic attraction but that added to the experience.
Blood Beckoning (new for 2022)
All new for 2022, the siren Scratch comes out from the shadows and is thirsting for blood. Located near Scratch’s Kitchen by the Manta roller coaster, SeaWorld’s website says that “Beauty comes at a price, and you’re the one paying”.
Dead Vines (Updated for 2022)
Updated for 2022, there is evil stirring in the trees. Located next to the Pretzel Kitchen just outside of Shamu Stadium, visitors should beware the poisoned vines that prey on those who enter.
Siren of the Seas (new for 2022)
This all new for 2022 Haunted House is not a pleasure cruise but a terrifying adventure on the high seas. Located hear Ice Breaker just outside of the Howl-O-Scream entrance, visitors will need to watch out for the “siren” crew.
Captain’s Revenge – Drowned in Darkness
Located just outside of Sesame Street Land near the pretzel kitchen, this once proud ship has been possessed by a terrifying ghoulish force. Guests descend in the bowels of the ship in search of the missing captain. But watch out as you might find yourself a permanent member of the crew.
SeaWorld Orlando Howl-O-Scream Shows
For 2022, there are three great shows that are held throughout the park during Howl-O-Scream.
Back from last year, the sirens will tell their story in this terrifying outdoor show – this is one not to be missed and one of our favorite Halloween themed shows. Sirens Song is located just outside Shamu’s Stadium next to the Tormented Bar.
Lurking in the Depths: An Adventurer’s Tale
Get a firsthand account of the famous explorer and siren hunter Sam “Hud” Hudson and he tracks down sirens on a terrifying adventure. Located in the Nautilus Theatre, there are multiple shows for Lurking in the Depths: An Adventurer’s Tale held every Howl-O-Scream evening.
Monster Stomp – Slasher Alley
Also returning in 2022 is this musical tale of Jack the Ripper. Dancing, singing and rock percussion highlight this amazing show.
Scare Zones & Roaming Haunts
Throughout the park there are a number of Scare Zones which add to the terrifying experience at Howl-O-Scream.
- Sea of Fear (New for 2022)
- Cargo Carnage (New for 2022)
- Terrors of the Deep (New for 2022)
- Cut Throat Cove
- Frozen Terror – Alive in the Ice
- Deadly Ambush
- Witchcraft Bayou
This year’s Roaming Haunts include:
- The Sirens
- Siren Minions
Grab a specialty cocktail right in the middle of all the action at one of the themed bar experiences during Howl-O-Scream. These three “haunts” are great places to relax and enjoy the terrifying atmosphere around you.
- Allura’s on the Rocks (New for 2022)
- Longshoremen Tavern
- Siren’s Last Call
- Poison Grotto
Where should we stay when visiting Howl-O-Scream at SeaWorld Orlando?
Unlike Walt Disney World and Universal Orlando, SeaWorld Orlando does not have any on-site hotels. However, it has a number of “Official Hotel Partners” and “Hotel Partners” that provide a fair amount of benefits for your visit to SeaWorld.
As of the summer 2022, there are 11 “Official Hotel Partners” that are all within a mile of SeaWorld with several being within walking distance. In addition to the official hotels, SeaWorld has four “Partner Hotels”.
The benefits of staying at a SeaWorld official or partner hotel are comparable to those offered by on-site hotels at Walt Disney World and Universal Orlando.
- Priority Entry to SeaWorld and Aquatica
- 10% of Dining at SeaWorld, Aquatica and Discovery Cove
- 10% off merchandise purchase of $50 or more at SeaWorld, Aquatica and Discovery Cove
- Complimentary Transportation to SeaWorld and Aquatica (Official Hotels)
- Complimentary access to the SeaWorld Rescue Tour(Official Hotels)