The Epcot International Flower and Garden Festival is becoming one of the more popular events at the Walt Disney World Resort and is typically held every year during the months of January and February. As with all the Epcot festivals, this event is completely free with your theme park admission or annual pass.
The festival includes an amazing array of art exhibits & experiences, there are a number of great food and beverage offerings as well as special weekend entertainment. And as always, all of the park’s rides and attractions are available including the fairly new Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind and Remy’s Ratatouille Adventure.
While the Epcot International Festival of the Arts focuses on adult guests, it is still considered to be very family-friendly and is completely age appropriate for younger children. Parents will find that there are plenty of things for kids to see and do throughout the festival.
Epcot International Festival of the Arts (2023)
The 2023 version of the Epcot International Festival of the Arts will begin on January 13, 2023 and extend until February 20, 2023. Throughout the entire park guests will be able to view dozens of displays and art exhibits many of which have been inspired by the Disney parks and the Disney characters.
In addition to the art displays & exhibits, there are a number of “Food Studios” as well as a variety of different entertainment offerings including “Disney on Broadway” concerts that feature real Broadway stars.
2023 Food and Beverage Offerings
The Epcot International Festival of the Arts will feature specialty cuisine and drinks via individual “Food Studios” that are located throughout the the park. These studios are typically available from late morning to park closing.
The 2023 Food Studios are as follows:
- Joffrey’s Coffee & Tea Company
- Connections Eatery
- Pop Eats!
- The Deconstructed Dish
- Deco Delights
- Refreshment Port
- Gourment Landscapes
- L’Art de la Cusine Francaise
- Vibrante & Vivido: Encanto Cocina
- Tangerine Cafe:
- Flavors of the Media
- The Artist’s Table
- Funnel Cake
- L’Arte Di Mangiare
- Pastoral Palate
- The Painted Panda
- Refreshment Outpost
- El Artista Hambriento
- The Craftsman’s Courtyard
- Figment’s Inspiration Station at the Odyssey
The 2023 Epcot International Festival of the Arts includes a number of entertainment offerings.
Art Defying Gravity
Located in the World Showcase Plaza, festival guests will watch as performers showcase incredible acts of strength.
Visual Art in Performance
Festival guests can get a a close up look at a visiting visual artist who will quickly paint a beloved Disney character. This exhibit is located at the World Showcase Plaza.
Located in the World Showcase Plaza, guests will enjoy a variety of different musicians which rotate throughout the festival.
Disney on Broadway
On select nights guests will enjoy the Disney on Broadway concert services where live concert performances take place with Broadway stars.
As with prior years, the shows will take place on the American Gardens Theatre stage by the America Pavilion in the World Showcase with showtimes starting at 5:30 PM, 6:45 PM and 8:00 PM.
- January 13th, 15th, 16th, 19th and 20th: Kara Linday from “Newsies” and Kevin Massey from “Tarzan”
- January 14th, 17th, 18th, 21st and 22nd: Arielle Jacobs from “Aladdin” and Adam Jacobs from “Aladdin”
- January 23th, 25th, 26th, 29th and 30th and February 2nd and 3rd: Patti Murin from “Frozen” and Robert Creighton from “The Little Mermaid”
- January 24th, 27th, 28th and 31st and February 1st, 4th and 5th: Mandy Gonzalez from “AIDA” and L. Steven Taylor from “The Lion King”
- February 6th, 8th, 9th, 12th, 13th, 16th and 17th: Ashley Brown from “Mary Poppins” and Michael James Scott from “Aladdin”
- February 7th, 10th, 11th, 14th, 15th, 18th and 19th: Kissy Simmons from “The Lion King” and Josh Strickland from “Tarzan”
There will also be a special finale performance on February 20th which includes Ashley Brown, Michael James Scott, Kissy Simmons and Josh Strickland.
Disney on Broadway Dining Package
The Disney on Broadway Dining Package is being offered for 2023 and will include dinner at a select EPCOT restaurant along with guaranteed seating at that evenings concert. The dining package include an appetizer, entree and dessert (or buffet if applicable) with a non-alcoholic beverage along with a guaranteed seat for the concert on the same day.
Select restaurants for 2023 include:
- Akershus Royal Banquet Hall (Norway Pavilion): $74.00 per adult (ages 10 and up) and $48.00 per child (ages 3 to 9)
- Biergarten Restaurant (Germany Pavilion): $60.00 per adult (ages 10 and up) and $34.00 per child (ages 3 to 9)
- Coral Reef Restaurant (The Living Seas): $69.00 per adult (ages 10 and up) and $27.00 per child (ages 3 to 9)
- Garden Grill Restaurant (The Land Pavilion): $66.00 per adult (ages 10 and up) and $43.00 per child (ages 3 to 9)
- Le Cellier Steakhouse (Canada Pavilion): $95.00 per adult (ages 10 and up) and $36.00 per child (ages 3 to 9)
- Spice Road Table (Morocco Pavilion): $47.00 per adult (ages 10 and up) and $20.00 per child (ages 3 to 9)
The Regal Eagle Smokehouse is offering same-day dining packages only and menu items differ than the other restaurants. The cost for the Real Eagle Smokehouse package is $35.99 for both adults and children.
Other Things to Do at the Festival of the Arts
Expression Section: A Paint-By-Number Mural
Located near the bridge to the World Showcase, guests will get to paint a few squares that, when complete, will be a huge festival mural. The Expression Section: A Paint-By-Number Mural is open from 11:00 Am to 5:00 PM.
Visitors will learn how to draw a Disney character by a professional animation artist. Animation Academy is located at the American Gardens Theatre and there are two different start times (12:30 PM and 1:30 PM).
Chalk Art Galleries
Located near the bridge to the World Showcase, festival visitors can watch different chalk artists create their designs.
Chalk Art Galleries
Located throughout the park, festival visitors have the opportunity to take photos within some of the most treasured pieces of art including:
- Cafe’ Terrace at Night
- Luncheon of the Boating Party
- Peter Pan Storybook
- Washington Crossing the Delaware
- Birth of Venus
- Mona Lisa
- The Scream
- An Homage to Frida Kahlo
Additional experiences include:
- Chalk Full of Character
- Figment’s Brush with the Masters Scavenger Hunt
- Drawing on Inspiration: Celebrating Epcot
- Beacons of Magic (on Spaceship Earth)
Best hotels to stay when visiting the Epcot International Festival of the Arts?
Local area hotels book up quickly so it is our recommendation that you get your reservations as early as possible. Crowd levels are typically higher than usual due not only to this special event, but for summer vacations and fall holidays. Typically in the fall, there are always large conventions coming to Orlando where many hotels block off rooms for the convention attendees.
If you are planning on consuming a number of adult beverages at the Epcot International Festival of the Arts, we would highly recommend you stay a hotel within walking distance or with a transportation service.
The Walt Disney World Boardwalk Resort Hotels
The Walt Disney World Boardwalk Resorts comprise the following resort hotels and vacation club properties:
- Disney’s BoardWalk Inn
- Disney’s BoardWalk Villas (vacation club)
- Disney’s Yacht Club Resort
- Disney’s Beach Club Resort
- Disney’s Beach Club Villas (vacation club)
All three are within walking distance to Epcot’s International Gateway (the entrance in the World Showcase area of the park) and there is also a water taxi service that runs all day long.
These resort hotel are very popular and rates are typically not cheap. Prices range from less than $500 per night to more than $1,000 per night depending on the room type and the date of the stay.
Click here to learn more about Disney’s BoardWalk Resort Hotels
The Walt Disney World Dolphin
The Walt Disney World Dolphin is one of our favorite hotels in Orlando and it is our “go to” when we are planning on visiting Epcot. The Dolphin is immediately adjacent to the Walt Disney World Boardwalk and within easy walking distance of both Epcot and Disney’s Hollywood Studios. Water taxi transportation is also available.
The Dolphin is part of the Marriott Bonvoy program so guests can earn or use points for their stay at one of the 1,514 rooms or suites. There are extensive amenities and dining options at this massive resort.
Hotel rates range around $200.00 per night to more than $400.00 per night depending on the time a year and room type. There is a $35 per day resort fee plus a 6% resort tax on top of a 6.5% sales tax. Self parking costs $30 per night.
Click here to learn more about the Walt Disney World Dolphin
If any of these hotel recommendations don’t work for you, CLICK HERE to see a list of other on site hotels as well as local area hotels near the Walt Disney World Resort.