Universal’s Endless Summer Resort – Surfside Inn & Suites is one of the newest hotels at the Universal Orlando Resort opening back in 2019. When we are looking or a in expensive hotel hotel, the Surfside Inn & Suites or it’s sister Endless Summer hotel, Dockside Inn & Suites, are among our top options. Both are Universal “Value” resort which offers a host of theme park benefits at a very affordable price.
When first pulling up to the resort guests get a sense that this is no typical Orlando hotel. From the color scheme to the surf / beach theming, you know that your visit will be quite unique. Throughout out the hotel guests will see surfboards and beach décor in a manner than few hotels offer.
Since you are located right on-site at the Universal Orlando Resort, guests will enjoy all that Universal has to offer right at their door step. Click here to learn more about the Universal Orlando Resort.
Universal’s Endless Summer Resort – Surfside Inn and Suites
7000 Universal Boulevard
Orlando, Florida 32819
When arriving in Orlando it will take approximately 20 minutes to get to Hard Rock Hotel from the Orlando International Airport and about 15 minutes to get to the Orlando / Orange County Convention Center. Other Orlando area theme parks and local attractions are also a short distance to the hotel and per Google Maps, travel time is as follows (non-peak hours):
- SeaWorld Orlando: Less than 15 minutes.
- The Magic Kingdom Park at the Walt Disney World Resort: approximately 25 minutes.
- EPCOT at the Walt Disney World Resort: approximately 20 minutes.
- Disney’s Hollywood Studios at the Walt Disney World Resort: approximately 20 minutes.
- Disney’s Animal Kingdom at the Walt Disney World Resort: approximately 25 minutes.
- Disney Springs at the Walt Disney World Resort: approximately 20 minutes.
- Downtown Orlando: Approximately 20 minutes.
- Vineland Premium Outlets: Approximately 10 minutes
Why stay at Universal’s Endless Summer Resort – Surfside Inn & Suites? Here are 8 reasons why you should stay here.
The Endless Summer Florida family has stayed at every single on-site hotel at Universal and depending on our plans for the individual visit, find that each hotel has their specific benefits. While we can make a much longer list of reasons to stay at Universal’s Endless Summer Resort – Surfside Inn & Suites, here are the top reasons to do so.
- Very Affordable Price / Value
- Universal Theme Park Benefits
- Large Tw0-Bedroom Suites
- On-Site Food & Beverage Options
- Surf and Beach Theming
- High Quality of Service
- Extensive Parking
- Really Cool Pool Area
Very Affordable Price / Value
Theme park hotels, especially those considered “on-site”, are not typically the most affordable options for vacation travelers. However, Universal really outdid themselves as the Endless Summer Resort – Surfside Inn & Suites is very affordable and offers a tremendous value for your money.
Throughout the course of the year we have seen rates well below $100 per night for certain hotel packages and have always paid less than $150 per night when stay here.
For more information about hotel rates at the Surfside Inn and Suites, see our chart below.
Universal Theme Park Benefits
Since the Surfside Inn & Suites is consider an “On-Site” hotel at the Universal Orlando Resort, its enjoys some of the best theme park benefits offered as compared to similarly priced hotels in the immediate area.
Universal theme park benefits include:
- Early Park Admission to the Wizarding World of Harry Potter: Typically either Universal Studios Florida or Islands of Adventure open one hour early to allow hotel guests additional time to explore the Wizarding World.
- Complimentary Transportation: Hotels guests can take the shuttle buses for a short trip to the CityWalk and theme parks as well as Volcano Bay.
- Room Key Charge Privileges and Purchase Delivery: Do you want to purchase a wand at Ollivanders? Guests can use their room key to charge their purchases and Universal will deliver their packages directly to their room (select stores only).
Large Two-Bedroom Suites
If you have a large family or are traveling with a big group, the two-bedrooms suites at Universal’s Endless Summer Resort – Surfside Inn & Suites might just be the way to go.
These large rooms feature 440 square feet of space with two queen beds in the primary room and another queen bed in a completely separate bedroom. There rooms also feature two televisions (one for each room) as well as a kitchenette with microwave oven and mini-refrigerator and picnic table. The bathroom has a separate vanity area as well as an enclosed shower/tub/commode area.
Check out our full hotel tour and review to learn more about the rooms at Universal’s Surfside Inn & Suites.
On-site Food and Beverage Options
Typically hotels in this category (value) have limited, if any, food and beverage options. However, Universal’s Endless Summer Resort – Surfside Inn & Suites offers a variety of options for the hungry (and thirsty) guest.
- Beach Break Cafe
- The Sand Bar (poolside bar)
- Surfside Pizza Delivery
And if these don’t satisfy the rock star desires, guests can try the Hard Rock Cafe, Jimmy Buffet’s Margaritaville or any of the other options at at Universal’s CityWalk.
Check out our full hotel tour and review to learn more about the food and beverage options at Universal’s Surfside Inn & Suites.
Surf and Beach Theme
For it’s class and price point, Universal’s Endless Summer Resort – Surfside Inn & Suites is very well appointed hotel which features a surfing / beach theme. Guests will find surfboards, themed paintings and endless décor not only in the rooms but throughout the property which adds to the experience.
High Quality Service
Unless you have high status in a frequent traveler program, most hotels at this price point offer a very basic level of service. From personal experience we can say that the staff goes well beyond what is expected.
During our most recent stay we had a reservation for a two-bedroom suite but due to last minute complications with travel companions, we only needed a traditional room (why pay for a room that sleeps six when you only have two guests). Upon arrival we explained this to the front desk staff person who assisted with “downgrading” our room and keep our annual passholder discount (saving us a fairly large amount of money for the stay). Most others hotels would not have gone the extra mile.
Have you ever come back to your Orlando area hotel after a very long day at that theme parks and found that there was not a single parking spot available at your hotel? This happens countless times at hotels of similar class / price point as Universal’s Endless Summer Resort – Surfside Inn & Suites.
That’s not the case here as the hotel designers incorporates a multi-story parking garage just adjacent to the building. Even on sold out nights guests are able to find parking at all times, day or night.
Really Cool Pool Area
One of the best features of Universal’s Endless Summer Resort – Surfside Inn & Suites is the surfboard shaped resort style pool. This pool is huge and has a beach entrance, abundant patio seating and the Sand Bar (poolside bar). There are also daily poolside activity and games.
This pool area is far better than practically all hotel pools for properties in a similar class at the Surfside Inn & Suites.
Hotels Rates at Universal’s Endless Summer Resort – Surfside Inn & Suites
There are five different hotel room types at the Surfside Inn & Suites which range from standard two queen bed rooms to two bedroom suites with pool or water views. Check out our full hotel tour and review to learn more about the room types at Universal’s Surfside Inn & Suites.
Hotel rates vary based on the room type and time of year. The individual hotel rates shown below are the best available rate for two adults and two-children in three individual room types offered at the Universal’s Endless Summer Resort – Surfside Inn & Suites.
The rates were obtained from the Expedia at the time of publication of this article.
|Rates for 2021 – 22||10/15/21||12/15/21||2/15/22|
|Standard Room – Pool View||$186.00||
|Two -Bedroom Suite||$266.00||$164.00||$172.00|
Discounts are available for Universal Orlando Annual Passholders as well as Florida residents. There are no resort fees at the Surfside Inn & Suites but there is a 6% resort tax on top of a 6.5% sales tax on rates for each of these hotels. Self parking is costs $15.00 per night which is the only add-on.
Planning Resources for Your Next Universal Orlando Trip
- Universal Studios Florida – The Definitive Guide for 2021
- Universal’s Islands of Adventure – The Definitive Guide for 2021
- Universal’s CityWalk – The Complete Guide for 2021
- Top 5 Rides at Universal Studios Florida
- Top 5 Rides at Universal’s Islands of Adventure
- Universal Orlando – Tips & Tricks to Help Your Day
- On-site and Local Area Hotels – Universal Orlando
- The Universal Orlando Resort (Video Playlist)
- The Wizarding World of Harry Potter (Video Playlist)
- Best Rides at Universal Studios Orlando and Islands of Adventure (Video Playlist)
- Universal Orlando: Kid Friendly Rides & Attractions (Videos Playlist)
- Universal Orlando On-Site Hotels (Video Playlist)
- Luxury Florida Hotels and Resorts (Video Playlist)
- Affordable Theme Park Hotels (Video Playlist)