The Holiday Inn Resort Orlando Suites – Waterpark is one of the most fun hotels near the Walt Disney World Resort in Orlando, Florida. Formerly the Nickelodeon Suites Resort, this all suite property originally opened in 1999 and consists of 777 rooms including one-, two- and three-bedroom family suites.
The hotel is just one mile to Walt Disney Word and adjacent to Interstate 4. I-4 is the local areas main Interstate highway and provides access to all areas of greater Orlando including Universal Orlando Resort, the Orange County Convention Center and downtown Orlando.
Amenities and hotel features are extensive include a massive lagoon pool & water park as well as a separate splash pad, an additional outdoor pool, complimentary shuttle service to Walt Disney World, a nine-hold miniature golf course, playground, a laser room, arcade, movie theater and a large entertainment venue. Each of these specific features in highlighted below.
If you thinking about staying at Holiday Inn Resort Orlando Suites – Waterpark or any of the amazing hotels in the Orlando area, we would appreciate if you can use our links when making the reservations. Endless Summer is an affiliate with Marriott, Hilton & Expedia.com, receiving a small commission for each stay that was referred by our website. all commission for each stay that was referred by our website.
Click here for current rates and availability at the Holiday Inn Resort Orlando Suites – Waterpark
Frequently Asked Questions: Holiday Inn Resort Orlando Suites – Waterpark
What are the hotel rates at the Holiday Inn Resort Orlando Suites?
Hotel rates at the Holiday Inn Resort Orlando Suites – Waterpark vary based on the time of year but typically range from less than $100.00 per night to around $250.00 per night.
How close is the Holiday Inn Resort Orlando Suites to Walt Disney World, Universal Orlando and SeaWorld?
The Holiday Inn Resort Orlando Suites – Waterpark is located about a mile from the entrance to the Walt Disney World Resort along World Center Drive / Epcot Center Drive. SeaWorld Orlando is located approximately 15 to 20 minutes away and Universal Orlando is about 25 to 30 minutes away.
Does the Holiday Inn Resort Orlando Suites have theme park transportation?
The Holiday Inn Resort Orlando Suites – Waterpark has free transportation to the Transportation & Ticket Center at Walt Disney World’s Magic Kingdom as well as Epcot.
How close is the Holiday Inn Resort Orlando Suites to Orlando International Airport?
The Holiday Inn Resort Orlando Suites – Waterpark is located approximately 25 to 30 minutes west of the Orlando International Airport. The quickest route is typically SR 528 west to Interstate 4 or SR 417 to World Center Drive.
Is there a Resort Fee or Parking Charge when staying at the Holiday Inn Resort Orlando Suites?
There is a $49.00 per night resort fee at the Holiday Inn Resort Orlando Suites – Waterpark. Self parking costs an additional $12.00 per night.
Is there a nice pool at the Holiday Inn Resort Orlando Suites?
The Holiday Inn Resort Orlando Suites – Waterpark features a massive resort style pool with a multistory waterpark, children’s splash play area and a separate outdoor pool.
What are the food & beverage options at the Holiday Inn Resort Orlando Suites?
There are multiple individual dining options at the Holiday Inn Resort Orlando Suites – Waterpark ranging from a full-service table service restaurant to a food court, poolside bar & grill and a grab-and-go marketplace.
What is the check-in and check-out time at the Holiday Inn Resort Orlando Suites?
The check in-time at the Holiday Inn Resort Orlando Suites – Waterpark is 4:00 PM and check out time is at 10:00 AM.
What is the pet policy at the Holiday Inn Resort Orlando Suites?
The Holiday Inn Resort Orlando Suites – Waterpark is a not pet friendly hotel.
Click here to see the Photo Gallery for the Holiday Inn Resort Orlando Suites – Waterpark
About the Holiday Inn Resort Orlando Suites
The Holiday Inn Resort Orlando Suites – Waterpark is a 777-room all suite hotel that features one-, two- and three-bedroom family suites. From 2005 to 2016 the hotel was known as the Nickelodeon Suites Resort featured Nickelodeon characters, theming and even a “slime” experience. In the spring of 2016 the property was rebranded as a Holiday Inn .
The hotel is known for its proximity to the Walt Disney World Resort being just one mile from the entrance off Epcot Center Drive.
Holiday Inn Resort Orlando Suites – Waterpark
14500 Continental Gateway
Orlando, Florida 32821
It will take about 25 to 30 minutes to get to the hotel from the Orlando International Airport and around 15 minutes to get to the Orlando / Orange County Convention Center.
The Orlando area theme parks are also a short distance to the hotel and per Google Maps, travel time is as follows (non-peak hours):
- Disney Springs at the Walt Disney World Resort: approximately 5 minutes.
- The Magic Kingdom Park at the Walt Disney World Resort: approximately 10 minutes.
- EPCOT at the Walt Disney World Resort: approximately 5 to 10 minutes.
- Disney’s Hollywood Studios at the Walt Disney World Resort: approximately 10 to 15 minutes.
- Disney’s Animal Kingdom at the Walt Disney World Resort: approximately 10 to 15 minutes.
- SeaWorld Orlando: approximately 15 to minutes.
- Universal Orlando Resort: approximately 20 to 25 minutes.
- Downtown Orlando: approximately 30 to 40 minutes.
The Local Area
Although the Holiday Inn Resort Orlando Suites – Waterpark is known for its proximity to Walt Disney World, there are so many other things to see and do in the local area. Some of these include:
- Old Town / The Fun Spot Kissimmee: Old Town which is a family-friendly entertainment district which features a number of shops, restaurants and entertainment venues include The Fun Spot Kissimmee. The Fun Spot is a small carnival style theme park with a wide variety of rides & attraction.
- The Orlando Vineland Premium Outlets: This upscale outlet center is located just a few miles north at 8200 Vineland Road and features more than 160 stores including Nike, The Polo Outlet, Prada, The Disney Outlet, Gucci, Tory Burch and more.
- ICON Park on International Drive: This amazing 20-acre dining and entertainment complex is highlighted by a 400-foot observation wheel and located less than 20 minutes from the hotel. Click here to learn more about ICON Park.
- Pointe Orlando: More than 40 shops and restaurants along with a movie theater, BB King’s Blue Club and IMPROV Comedy Club are located about 10 to 15 minutes north along International Drive.
- Disney Springs: This massive shopping, dining and entertainment venue just should not be missed during your next visit to Orlando. Click here to learn more about Disney Springs.
Amenities at the Holiday Inn Resort Orlando Suites – Waterpark
The Holiday Inn Resort Orlando Suites – Waterpark is a value based hotel so while it may not have all the features of a full service resort, it does not lack on amenities.
- Resort Pool & Waterpark: There is a zero-entry outdoor lagoon style pool with multi-story water park along with a children’s splash pad, private cabanas for rent, extensive patio seating and a poolside restaurant.
- Fitness Center: The hotel features an exercise room that includes cardio as well as strength training equipment.
- Miniature Golf Course: The hotel features a nine-hole miniature golf course.
- Bank Heist Laser Challenge: Test your skills in this laser room
- Arcade: This massive arcade has all the latest games
- Candy Club Activity Center: There plenty to do at the activity center
- Complimentary WIFI: WIFI is free throughout the guest rooms and common areas.
- The Marketplace Theater: Check out a great movie without leaving the hotel.
- Celebration Theater: Special entertainment and events.
- Yoga Studio
- Business Center
In addition to those items shown above the hotel offers complimentary theme park transportation to Walt Disney World. Typically there are two morning departure times for the Magic Kingdom and Epcot as well as multiple afternoon and evening return times offered. Check with the hotel front desk during your stay for the current schedule.
The Rooms at the Holiday Inn Resort Orlando Suites – Waterpark
There are a number of differing rooms types at the Holiday Inn Resort Orlando Suites. Details on the suites at the hotel are as follows:
- One-Bedroom Standard Room
- Two-Bedroom Suites
- Three-Bedroom Suites
Room features include mini refrigerators or kitchenettes, microwave ovens, free-WIFI, small sofa with table, flat panel televisions, alarm clock, hairdryer, bathroom amenities (soap, shampoo & conditioner) iron / ironing board and a coffee maker / tea service.
Like most hotels in the greater Orlando area, rates at the Holiday Inn Resort Orlando Suites are highly seasonal and we have found that rates and availability do fluctuate quite considerably throughout the year.
The rates shown below are the best available rate for in three different room types offered at this hotel. The following rates were obtained from the hotel web site at the time of publication. Please note that nightly rates can change at any time.
|Nightly Rates||December 15th||March 15th||May 15th|
Taxes: There is a 6% resort tax on top of a 6.5% sales tax. There is also a $49.00 per night resort fees and a $17 per night self-parking charge. If you are a IHG Hotel rewards member you can earn and use points for this hotel.
What We Liked at the Holiday Inn Resort Orlando Suites
There are so many things to like at this outstanding hotel. Following are some of the highlights that we really like:
- Amazing lagoon pool with separate water park
- Great location near the Walt Disney World Resort
- Free shuttle to the Walt Disney World theme parks
- Spacious rooms with multiple bedrooms
What We Didn’t Like at the Holiday Inn Resort Orlando Suites
There are a few things that we didn’t like during our stay. These include:
- $49 per day resort fee (resort fees are now very common in Orlando)
- $17 per day self parking fee
- The building and grounds is starting to show its age
- All exterior corridor rooms
What We Think the Holiday Inn Resort Orlando Suites is Perfect For:
There is so much to do at this hotel you will find it very hard to check all the boxes in a short vacation. We consider the Holiday Inn Resort Orlando Suites – Waterpark perfect for:
- A Walt Disney World Family Vacation: You are just one mile for Disney and free transportation is provided.
- Conventions and Business Expos: Those who love the pools and the waterpark features.
- Large Families with Young Children: With so much to do right on site at hotel, who needs to go to the theme parks.