The featured show during the EPCOT International Festival of the Holidays is the Candlelight Processional. This amazing show features the story of Christmas as told by a celebrity narrator, which is set to holiday music from a 50-piece orchestra as well as a full choir that is typically comprised of performers from local area schools.
The Processional is held at the America Gardens Theatre just across from the American Adventure Pavilion in Epcot’s World Showcase. Following is a video of the 2022 Candlelight Processional with Chita Rivera as narrator.
The Candlelight Processional shows are one of the most popular features of the holiday season at Walt Disney World.
Celebrity narrators for 2022 include:
- Simu Liu: November 25th and 26th (New for 2022)
- Chita Rivera: November 27th through the 29th
- Raul Esparza: November 30th through December 1st (New for 2022)
- Whoopi Goldberg: December 2nd through the 3rd
- Isabella Rossellini: December 4th through the 6th
- Daymond John: December 7th through the 9th (New for 2022)
- Josh Gad: December 10th through the 12th (New for 2022)
- Gloria Estefan: December 13th through the 14th
- Neil Patrick Harris: December 15th through the 18th
- Mariska Hargitay: December 19th through the 20th (New for 2022)
- Cal Ripken Jr: December 21st through the 23rd
- Marie Osmond: December 24th through the 26th
- Courtney Vance: December 27th through the 28th
- Angela Bassett: December 29th through December 30th
Epcot’s Candlelight Processional is approximately 45 to 55 minutes in length and there are three shows per night which are typically held at 5:15 PM, 7:00 PM and 8:30 PM.
Best hotels to stay when visiting EPCOT for the holidays?
Local area hotels book up quickly so it is our recommendation that you get your reservations as early as possible. Crowd levels are typically higher than usual due not only to this special event, but for summer vacations and fall holidays. Typically in the fall, there are always large conventions coming to Orlando where many hotels block off rooms for the convention attendees.
If you are planning on consuming a number of adult beverages during your visit, we would highly recommend you stay a hotel within walking distance or with a transportation service.
The Walt Disney World Boardwalk Resort Hotels
The Walt Disney World Boardwalk Resorts comprise the following resort hotels and vacation club properties:
- Disney’s BoardWalk Inn
- Disney’s BoardWalk Villas (vacation club)
- Disney’s Yacht Club Resort
- Disney’s Beach Club Resort
- Disney’s Beach Club Villas (vacation club)
All three are within walking distance to Epcot’s International Gateway (the entrance in the World Showcase area of the park) and there is also a water taxi service that runs all day long.
These resort hotel are very popular (especially during the Food & Wine Festival) and rates are typically not cheap. Prices range from less than $500 per night to more than $1,000 per night depending on the room type and the date of the stay. There are no resort fees but there is a daily parking charge of $25.00 to go along with resort and sales taxes.
The Walt Disney World Dolphin
The Walt Disney World Dolphin is one of our favorite hotels in Orlando and it is our “go to” when we are planning on visiting Epcot. The Dolphin is immediately adjacent to the Walt Disney World Boardwalk and within easy walking distance of both Epcot and Disney’s Hollywood Studios. Water taxi transportation is also available.
The Dolphin is part of the Marriott Bonvoy program so guests can earn or use points for their stay at one of the 1,514 rooms or suites. There are extensive amenities and dining options at this massive resort.
Hotel rates range around $250.00 per night to more than $500.00 per night depending on the time a year and room type. There is a $35 per day resort fee plus a 6% resort tax on top of a 6.5% sales tax. Self parking costs $30 per night.
If any of these hotel recommendations don’t work for you, CLICK HERE to see a list of other on site hotels as well as local area hotels near the Walt Disney World Resort.