If you love Christmas than the Walt Disney World Resort is one of the top places for you to visit during the holiday season. From amazing holiday decorations to themed shows and experiences, Disney puts on a spectacular show for the holiday season. The holidays at Walt Disney World will encompass all four theme parks, Disney Springs and a number of the resort hotels.
The Walt Disney World Resort is always one the best places to be during the holidays. For 2022, the festivities start on November 11th and extend through the new year.
From theme parks to hotels, this complete guide will show you what’s offered during the 2022 Christmas Holiday’s at the Walt Disney World Resort.
Christmas at The Magic Kingdom
There is no place better to visit during the holiday’s than Disney’s Magic Kingdom theme park. Christmas decorations area just about everywhere as you walk up Main Street USA.
Highlights of this year’s festivities at the Magic Kingdom include:
- Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party: This 5-hour premium event is held on select nights starting at 7:00 PM. Tickets for guests ages 10 and up start at $159.00 while children ages 3 to 9 start at $154.00. Click here to purchase tickets for Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party.
- Projection show on Cinderella’s Castle: This amazing holiday themed show is projected on the castle about every 15 minutes during evening hours.
- Holiday themed food and beverages: Disney is putting out a host of holiday inspired treats that area only offered for a limited time.
At this time Disney has not announced if there will be any special parades or cavalcades for the Christmas holidays. However based on prior year traditions, we are fairly sure that Mickey and his friends will take part in some type of holiday procession along Main Street USA.
Christmas at EPCOT
Experience Epcot’s International Festival of the Holidays which begins on November 25th and extends through the New Year. There will be live musical productions, holiday entertainment (cavalcades and Disney characters) and holiday themed food throughout Epcot’s World Showcase.
The featured show for the holidays is the EPCOT International Festival of the Holidays Candlelight Processional. This amazing show features the story of Christmas told by a celebrity narrator which is set to holiday music by a 50-piece orchestra and full choir. Shows take place three times per night and are one of the most popular features of the holiday season at Walt Disney World.
Celebrity narrators for 2022 include:
- Chita Rivera
- Whoopi Goldberg
- Gloria Estefan
- Neil Patrick Harris
- Cal Ripken Jr
- Angela Bassett
Epcot’s Candlelight Processional is approximately 45 minutes in length and there are typically three shows per night which are held at 5:15 PM, 7:00 PM and 8:30 PM.
Disney offers a special Candlelight Processional Dining Package including includes breakfast, lunch or dinner along with guaranteed seating for the Candlelight Processional. There are four different restaurants offered in this package and guests with the dining package will receive Candlelight Seating badges at the restaurant after their meal. Seating is guaranteed but on a first-come, first serve basis.
Click here to learn more about Epcot’s Candlelight Processional and the Dining Package.
Living with the Land Holiday Overlay
Make sure you take a ride on Living with the Land after dusk as the greenhouses light up for “Merry and Bright Nights”. Guests will find a number of holiday decorations and lights throughout.
Beacons of Magic
New for 2022 is a special “Frozen” themed Beacons of Magic show which is shown directly on Spaceship Earth. This amazing light and music show takes place after sunset approximately every 15 minutes.
Additional holiday attractions and entertainment at EPCOT include:
- Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind “Holiday Overlay”
- The Canadian Holiday Voyageurs (live music)
- Joyful: A Celebration of the Season (live music)
- Olaf’s Holiday Tradition Expedition (scavenger hunt)
- Santa Clause meet & greets
- Holiday Cookie Stroll
Christmas at Disney’s Hollywood Studios
The holiday festivities continue at Disney’s Hollywood Studios. Highlights of this years events and experiences include:
- Sunset Seasons Greetings: A holiday themed projection show on the Hollywood Tower Hotel that runs throughout the night.
- Santa Claus Motorcade: Catch Santa as he travels up Hollywood Boulevard.
- Minnie’s Holiday Dine at Hollywood & Vine: This popular seasonal dining experience is offered for lunch and dinner service. Advance reserved are highly recommended.
- For the First Time in Forever: A Frozen Sing-Along Celebration with your friend, Olaf the snowman.
Guests will find seasonal décor featured throughout Disney’s Hollywood Studios.
Christmas at Disney’s Animal Kingdom
Disney’s Animal Kingdom gets dressed up for the holiday’s like only Disney can do. Watch the Tree of Live Awakenings – Holiday Edition where the tree comes to life with the holiday spirit. Highlights of this years events and experiences include:
- Merry Menagerie: Located on Discovery island, a winter celebration featuring animal puppets.
- Santa Claus Festive Flotilla: Watch Santa Claus sailing down the Discovery River
- Donald’s Dino Bash Festive Flotilla: See Donald and his friends take a holiday boat ride along the Discovery River
Guests will also find seasonal décor throughout Disney’s Animal Kingdom.
Christmas at Disney Springs
From festive decorations to holiday inspired food & drink offerings, make sure you put Disney Springs on your “must visit” list.
- The Christmas Tree Stroll: Guests will enjoy a holiday themed scavenger hunt as they seek decorated Christmas Trees located throughout the Disney Spring neighborhoods.
- Let It Snow (snow flurries)
- Jock Lindsey’s Hangar Bar Holiday Takeover
- Special Entertainment
Our Favorite Disney Area Hotels for the Holidays
The on-site hotels and resorts at Walt Disney World will be decked out for Christmas with seasonal décor and holiday themed specialty treats. There will also be an enormous amount of Disney holiday themed merchandise available in just about every gift shop in the Walt Disney World Resort.
The Grand Floridian Resort (Walt Disney World)
The Grand Floridian Resort is the premier hotel on the Monorail loop of Disney’s Magic Kingdom theme park. During the holiday season, Disney spares no expense to dress up this resort for Christmas.
There is a three-story (or more) Christmas tree in the hotel lobby surrounded by a number of amazing decorations as well as a full size gingerbread house. There are also a number of holiday themed activities and events held throughout the season.
The Gaylord Palms Resort (off-site resort hotel)
The Gaylord Palms Resort & Convention Center is one of our favorite (if not our favorite) off site hotels in the Orlando theme park area. Although its right outside the entrance to Walt Disney World, it’s only 10 to 15 minutes to SeaWorld Orlando and about 20 minutes to the Universal Orlando Resort.
In addition to its fantastic rooms and amenities, the resort hosts CHRISTMAS AT THE GAYLORD PALMS which features a number of amazing holiday themed shows and experiences. Its lineup for 2021 includes:
- Mission: Save Christmas Featuring Elf
- Snow Flow Mountain (tube slides)
- Snowball Build and Blast
- Cirque: Spirit of Christmas
- The Greatest Story Stage Show
- Shine Light Show
Check our our post CHRISTMAS AT THE GAYLORD PALMS to make reservations to the hotel and watch our video below.