Universal’s Endless Summer Resort – Dockside Inn and Suites is the newest of all the on-site hotels at the Universal Orlando Resort. This massive 2,050 room hotel is located just across Universal Boulevard from Universal’s Dockside Inn and Suites is it’s sister hotel – Universal’s Endless Summer Resort – Surfside Inn and Suites.
Both Endless Summer resort hotels are located on the site of the former Wet N’ Wild water park and are less than one mile south of Universal’s CityWalk, just south of Interstate 4 at the intersection of International Drive and Universal Boulevard. The design and décor of is a “coastal vibe” right down to the surf boards that can be found throughout both resort hotels.
These two properties are managed by Loews Hotels and comprise Universal’s “Value Hotel & Resorts”, which means these resorts are a highly affordable on-site hotel option when visiting Universal. In addition, when staying at the Dockside Inn and Suites or any of the on-site hotels at Universal, guests are provided a number of exclusive theme park benefits which further enhance the value for the cost of the visit.
Universal’s Dockside Inn and Suites: Frequently Asked Questions
What are the hotel rates at Universal’s Dockside Inn and Suites?
Universal’s Endless Summer Resort – Dockside Inn and Suites along with its sister hotel, Surfside Inn and Suites, are Universal’s “value” hotels and are very reasonable prices for on-site hotel options. Hotel rates typically range from less than $100 per night to around $200 per night depending on the time of year and the room type. See our price chart below for specific rates.
Is the Universal’s Dockside Inn and Suites close to the theme parks and the convention center?
Dockside Inn and Suites is a 5 minute bus ride or a 20 minute walk to the entrance of the Universal Orlando Resort. Walt Disney World and Sea World are both located within a 25-minute drive from the hotel. The Orlando / Orange County Convention Center is about 10 minutes south along International Drive.
Is there a Resort Fee or Parking Charge at Universal’s Dockside Inn and Suites?
There are no Resort Fees at Universal’s Dockside Inn and Suites. Self-parking costs $15.00 per night for hotel guests.
Does the Universal’s Dockside Inn and Suites have a pool and other amenities?
Universal’s Dockside Inn and Suites features two large resort pools with poolside restaurants, a children’s splash pad, a state-of-the-art fitness center, game room / arcade, on-site Universal ticket desk and WIFI throughout the hotel.
What at the food & beverage options at Universal’s Dockside Inn and Suites?
There is an on-site food court called Dockside’s Pier 8 Market, a Starbucks, two poolside bars and lobby bar at Universal’s Dockside Inn and Suites. There are also extensive dining options at Universal’s CityWalk or within walking distance along International Drive.
What is the check-in and check-out time at Universal’s Dockside Inn and Suites?
The check in-time at the Universal’s Dockside Inn and Suites is 4:00 pm and check out time is at 11:00 am.
Does Universal’s Dockside Inn and Suites provide transportation to the theme parks?
Universal’s Dockside Inn and Suites features bus transportation to the Universal Orlando Resort which includes Universal Studios Florida, Islands of Adventure and Universal’s CityWalk.
What is Universal’s Dockside Inn and Suites pet policy?
Unfortunately no pets are permitted at Universal’s Dockside Inn and Suites.
The Location of the Universal’s Dockside Inn and Suites
Universal’s Dockside Inn and Suites is located just outside of the grounds of the Universal Orlando Resort, just a short distance south along Universal Boulevard. Access to the hotel is fairly simple as there is an interchange at Universal Boulevard from Interstate 4.
It is anticipated that the two Endless Summer resort hotels will act as a bridge between the original Universal Orlando Resort and Universal’s future theme park (EPIC Universe), which is located near the Orlando / Orange County Convention Center.
This property is fairly well located and is close to other International Drive area attractions as we as several of Orlando’s major shopping & entertainment destinations.
Universal’s Endless Summer Resort – Dockside Inn & Suites
7125 Universal Boulevard
Orlando, Florida 32819
It will take guests approximately 20 minutes to get to the hotels from the Orlando International Airport and less around 10 minutes to get to the Orlando / Orange County Convention Center.
There are a number of retail venues and restaurants within walking distance along International Drive which include a Walgreens Pharmacy, Black Angus Steakhouse, Oshio Korean BBQ, IHOP and Red Lobster. Additional attractions along the International Drive Corridor include The Fun Spot Orlando, ICON Park, Dezerland Park Orlando and Magical Midway Thrill Park.
Being just a short distance from Universal’s CityWalk, Universal Studios Florida and Islands of Adventure, Dockside Inn and Suites is less than 5 minute bus ride away. According to Google Maps, it is a 20 minute walk from the hotel to CityWalk.
Additional area theme parks and destinations are short distance to the hotel. Per Google Maps, travel time is as follows (non-peak hours):
- SeaWorld Orlando: Less than 15 minutes.
- The Magic Kingdom Park: approximately 25 minutes.
- EPCOT at the Walt Disney World Resort: approximately 20 minutes.
- Disney’s Hollywood Studios: approximately 20 minutes.
- Disney’s Animal Kingdom: approximately 25 minutes.
- Disney Springs: approximately 15 minutes.
- Downtown Orlando: approximately 20 minutes.
- Orlando Premium Outlets: Less than 5 minutes.
- Vineland Premium Outlets: Less than 15 minutes.
Hotel Amenities and Dining Options at Universal’s Dockside Inn and Suites
Guests will find that although Universal’s Dockside Inn and Suites is a “value” property, it is not short on amenities. Frankly the hotel everything that one would want without all the “frills” and prices of full services hotels.
Since Universal’s Dockside Inn and Suites is themed as a oceanside/surf resort, you can rest assured that the pools are fantastic. In addition to the pools themselves, there are a number of poolside activities that occur daily.
The pool in the courtyard of the northern tower (Tower 1) is a large resort style pool with children’s splash pad, extensive patio seating and a poolside bar and grill The pool in the courtyard of the southern tower (Tower 2) also features a large resort style pool with a poolside restaurant but has a sandy beach area with the patio. Poolside activities including Bingo, Ping-Pong, hula-hoop contests and more are held regularly.
Additional Amenities at Universal’s Dockside Inn and Suites include:
- State-of-the-Art Fitness Center
- Game Room / Arcade
- A Universal Studios Store
- On-site Universal ticket desk
- Free Wi-Fi throughout the hotel
On-Site Dining Options
There are multiple casual and quick-service dining options at Universal’s Dockside Inn and Suites that will fit any palette.
Dockside’s Pier 8 Market
Dockside’s Pier 8 Market is Dockside Inn and Suites main dining option. This food court style quick-service restaurant is open for breakfast, lunch and dinner from 7:00 am to 11:00 pm. Guests will find a number of traditional breakfast foods to buyers, pizza, sandwiches, salads and deserts.
There is also a grab-and-go section in the Dockside Pier 8 Market which offers pre-made salads and sandwiches as well as snacks and beverages (alcoholic and non-alcoholic).
Wave Makers Pool Bar
Wave Makers Pool Bar is the poolside restaurant and bar that is open daily from 11:00 am to 10:00 pm. This dining option features salads, sandwiches, burgers, beer, wine and specialty cocktails.
What’s an on-site theme park hotel without a Starbucks? Get your morning coffee or afternoon snack from the baristas right in the lobby hobby.
The Sunset Lounge is the Dockside Inn and Suites lobby bar. Open daily from 4:00 pm to midnight, guests can grab a beer, wine or specialty cocktails and enjoy the remainder of their day.
If you are hungry and don’t feel like leaving your room, just order a pizza and have it delivered. The Endless Summer Resort – Dockside Inn and Suites offers pizza delivery right to your room from 5:00 pm to midnight. Pizza for pickup is also available from 11:00 am to 10:00 pm.
Additional Dining Options
In addition to the dining options Universal’s Dockside Inn and Suites, guests will find a number of restaurants ranging from casual and quick-service dining to fine dining at the other Universal on-site hotels as well as Universal’s CityWalk.
Universal On-Site Hotel Benefits
When staying on-site at the Universal Orlando Resort guests receive a number of benefits that greatly enhance the enjoyment of their visit.
The on-site benefits of staying at the Universal’s Endless Summer Resort – Dockside Inn and Suites include:
- Early Park Admission to the Wizarding World of Harry Potter: Typically either Universal Studios Florida or Islands of Adventure open one hour early to allow hotel guests additional time to explore the Wizarding World.
- Complimentary Transportation: Universal’s Dockside Inn and Suites guests can take the free shuttle buses from the front of the hotel for a short trip to the theme parks and CityWalk.
- Room Key Charge Privileges and Purchase Delivery: Do you want to purchase a wand at Ollivanders? Guests can use their room key to charge their purchases and Universal will deliver their packages directly to their room at Universal’s Dockside Inn and Suites (select stores only).
The Rooms and Hotel Rates at Universal’s Dockside Inn and Suites
The Endless Summer Resort – Dockside Inn and Suites is a very large hotel features 2,050 individual hotel rooms and two-bedroom suites. There are 937 standard two-queen rooms and 1,113 two-bedroom suites.
Individual room features are as follows:
Universal’s Dockside Inn and Suites Room Types
- Standard Rooms: Includes two queen beds in 313 square feet with a 43 inch flat panel television, microwave oven, mini-refrigerator and an in-room safe.
- Pool View Standard Rooms: Also includes two queen beds in 313 square feet with a 43 inch flat panel television, microwave oven, mini-refrigerator an in-room safe.
- Two Bedroom Suite: The two-bedroom suite features 440 square feet with two queen beds in the main room and another queen bed in an enclosed bedroom. There is also a flat panel television in each room, kitchenette with mini-refrigerator & microwave oven, picnic style table, separate bath and vanity areas and an in-room safe.
- Pool View Two Bedroom Suite: The two-bedroom suite pool view suite also features 440 square feet with two queen beds in the main room and another queen bed in an enclosed bedroom. There is a flat panel television in each room, kitchenette with mini-refrigerator & microwave oven, picnic style table, separate bath and vanity areas and an in-room safe.
All rooms have HVAC controls featuring Smart Room technology, high speed wireless internet (premium interest is offered for a fee), iron/ironing board, alarm clock, telephone and plenty of USB outlets for charging cel phones and other other devices.
Dockside also has a number of ADA compliant rooms for guests with disabilities. These rooms feature braille room numbers, hearing impaired kits, closed-captioned televisions, closes with rods 48 inches in height, doors 36 inches wide with peepholes at 42 inches, roll in shows and/or adjusted heads, toilets with grab bar and lighted smoke detectors/doorbells.
Universal’s Dockside Inn and Suites Room Rates
The follow rates are the rates for each of the resort varies for different dates throughout the year 2021. The rates shown below are the best available rate for two adults in three different room types at the Universal’s Endless Summer Resort – Dockside Inn and Suites.
The rates were obtained from the Loews Hotels web site at the time of publication of this article. There are a number of promotions offered during the year as well as discounts for Universal annual passholders and Florida residents.
|Rates for 2023-24
|Standard Room Pool View
There are no resort fees at each of this resort but there is a 6% resort tax on top of a 6.5% sales tax on nightly rates. There is also a $15 per night overnight parking charge.
What We Liked about Universal’s Endless Summer Resort – Dockside Inn and Suites
There are many different things to like at this resort property. Following are some of the highlights:
- Highly affordable Universal on-site hotel option
- Sufficient Amenities (two pools, Universal store and fitness center)
- Adequate dining options
- Very good value for the price
What We Didn’t Like about Universal’s Endless Summer Resort – Dockside Inn and Suites
There were a few things not to like when staying at the Universal’s Dockside Inn and Suites.
- Parking fee of $15 per night
- Pools have limited water features (no slides or lazy river).
- Bus transportation instead of water taxi service
- Walking distance to the entrance at CityWalk is far and requires guests to cross International Drive which is a busy roadway.
What We Think Universal’s Endless Summer Resort – Dockside Inn and Suites is Perfect For:
The two Endless Summer Resort Hotels are great for a wide variety of travelers visiting the Universal Orlando Resort and are perfect for:
- Guests visiting Universal’s theme parks
- Vacationers seeking an affordable on-site hotel destination
- Larger families needing additional space and/or multiple bedrooms
Endless Summer Florida has been to many different economy, moderate and luxury hotels in the in the Orlando tourist area and have stayed at a number of extended stay type hotels. We feel that Universal’s Endless Summer Resort – Dockside Inn and Suites represents a very good value for the money as compared to other similar type value hotel properties throughout the theme park area.