The Opal Grand Oceanfront Resort & Spa is one of the most popular hotels in Palm Beach County. Located directly on Ocean Boulevard just across from the shores of Delray Beach, this boutique hotel is the perfect spot for your next visit to South Florida.
This 277-room, four-star hotel property features a number of amazing amenities including two outdoor pools, at 24-hour fitness center, at full service spa on-site spa, 24-hour business center, valet parking and 22,000 square feet of event space including 14 individual meeting rooms. The best feature of all is that the resort is immediately across from a the beach.
Pets (dogs and service animals) 30 pounds or less are welcome at The Opal Grand with a $100 per night non-refundable fee. A maximum of two dogs are allowed and no pet can be left unattended. Pets must a leash are not permitted at the pools or the restaurants.
If you thinking about staying at The Opal Grand Resort or any of the amazing hotels in the Palm Beaches, we would appreciate if you can use our links when making the reservations. Endless Summer is an affiliate with Expedia.com and receives a small commission for each stay that was referred by our website.
Hotels Amenities at The Opal Grand Oceanfront Resort & Spa
The Opal Grand has some of the best amenities that you will find any hotels in South Florida. Amenities and activities include:
The Opal Grand features two outdoor pools with sundecks that feature chaise lounges, tables and umbrellas. Cascades Pool Bar offers cocktails and beverages as well as sandwiches, light bites and salads.
Poolside cabanas and daybeds can be rented on a days basis for $150 per day for the cabanas and $75 per day for the day beds. The cabanas and daybeds include:
- Comfortable seating with pillow enhancements
- Water service and Chef’s treats
- Dedicated servers
- Chilled towels
- Pre-order beverage program
Guests will enjoy the hotel fitness center which is open 24-hours a day. State-of-the-art equipment includes cardiovascular machines embedded televisions and free weights. TechnoGym equipment is available for room delivery and includes resistance bands, dumbbells and a training mat.
On Saturday mornings, the hotel offers Sunrise Yoga from 9:30 AM to 10:00 AM.
The Tammy Fender Holistic Spa is a great place to relax and rejuvenate after traveling to South Florida. The two-story spa features a number of different treatments which include:
- Skin Care
- Body Treatments
- Nail care
Waves Kids Club
Kids are not forgotten when visiting the Opal Grand. The Waves Kids Club offers a number of programs to keep children entertained and happy. An additional fee is required to access the kids club.
Location – The Opal Grand
The Opal Grand is located in Delray Beach and centrally located to just about everything. It will take less than 30 minutes to get to resort from the Palm Beach International Airport and approximately 45 minutes to get to the Fort Lauderdale International Airport, depending on traffic.
The Opal Grand Oceanfront Resort & Spa
10 N. Ocean Boulevard
Delray Beach, Florida 33483
There are dozens of restaurants, entertainment venues and boutique retail shops along Atlantic Avenue just outside the hotel, most of which are within walking distance. Other notable destinations include:
- Delray Beach Tennis Center: Approximately 10 minutes
- Mizner Park: Approximately 15 to 20 minutes
- Boca Town Center Mall: Approximately 20 minutes
- Palm Beach: Approximately 30 minutes
Atlantic Avenue is Delray Beach’s primary entertainment district. This island landmark destination features a variety of shops & boutiques, galleries and dining experiences. These include the Arts Warehouse, Bolufe’, Deck 84, Elisabetta’s Restaurant, Rocco’s Tacos & Tequilia Bar, the Avalon Gallery, South Ocean Beach Shop and Tommy Bahama.
In addition to all the restaurants, shops, bars and galleries, the downtown Delray Beach district is also home to a number of annual and seasons events which include:
- Restaurant Month
- Delray Beach Open (tennis)
- Delray Beach GreenMarket
- Art & Jazz on the Avenue
- 100-foot Christmas Tree Lighting
- Boat Parade
- Holiday Parade
- Menorah Lighting
- St. Patrick’s Day Parade
- Delray Affair
- 4th of July Festival & Fireworks
Dining at The Opal Grand
From poolside to fine dining, The Opal Grand has a number of different restaurants, lounges and dining options that will meet the needs of any diners pallet.
Drift is the signature restaurant at the Opal Grand which is open daily from 11:30 Am to 10:00 PM. The lounge at Drift remains open daily until midnight.
Entrees include a variety of seafood like the Pan Seared Grouper ($38.00), Coastal Shellfish Stew ($35.00), Ora King Salmon Ala Plancha ($32.00) and Crispy Branzino ($42.00). There are also a number of steaks and chops including the 8 oz. Beef Tenderloin ($50.00), Bone in Ribeye ($46.00) and rack of lamb ($42.00).
The Monkey Bar is the perfect place to enjoy a cold beer, wine or specialty cocktail in a casual environment. Lite bites include Lobster Tacos ($19.00). Adobo Grilled Shrimp ($19.00), a Farmers Board ($30.00), Steak Frites ($26.00) and the Monkey Burger ($17.00).
Happy Hour is held daily from 4:00 PM to 6:00 PM and includes 50% off draft beer, premium well liquors and house wines.
Beach Market Cafe
Open daily from 6:30 AM to 10:00 PM, the Beach market Cafe is the hotels grab-and-go dining option and offers smoothies, breakfast items, pastries, sandwiches, salads, gourmet coffees, beverages and desserts.
Cascades Pool Bar
Poolside dining is available at Cascades Pool Bar from 11:00 AM to 6:00 PM. Cascades offers a variety of starter dishes, salads, burgers and sandwiches. The pool bar also offers a number of different kinds of beer, wine and specialty cocktails.
The Opal Grand’s in-room dining option is known as Fresh Eats as “fresh local flavors” are packaged in a manner that can be enjoyed within the room, for a day at the beach, or an other outing.
The Rooms – The Opal Grand
The Opal Grand offers 277-rooms and suites which have designer furnishing and premium lines with select rooms having direct ocean views. There are several different types of rooms which are as follows:
- King Rooms: The King rooms feature 225 square feet of space and feature a single King sized bed. Select rooms feature balconies, pool and / or ocean views.
- Queen Rooms: The Queen rooms feature 225 square feet of space and feature two Queen sized bed. Select rooms feature balconies, pool and / or ocean views.
- Studio Suites: Studio suites feature 300 square feet with a King sized bed, a sleeper sofa and a separate living area with kitchenette. The kitchenette includes a microwave oven, dishwasher and mini-refrigerator.
- Junior Suites: Junior suites feature 345 square feet with a King sized bed in a private bedroom with balcony, a sleeper sofa and a separate living area.
- One-Bedroom Suites: One bedroom suites feature 700 square feet with a King sized bed in a private bedroom, a sleeper sofa and a separate living area. Private grand balconies offers spectacular views of the Atlantic Ocean and Ocean Boulevard.
- Villas: One-, two- and three-bedrooms single & two story villas ranging in size from 500 square feet to 1,600 square feet. The villas features king or queen beds, sleepers sofas, private balconies and fully equipped kitchens.
- Two Bedroom Suites: These 1,800 square feet suites features two King size beds, full kitchen, dining room, living area and an expansive wrap around balcony with views of the Atlantic Ocean and Ocean Boulevard.
All villas include flat panel televisions, mini-refrigerators, a Nespresso machine, high-speed Wi-Fi, premium linens, elegant decor and modern bathrooms.
Hotels Rates – The Opal Grand
The rates were obtained from The Opal Grand Oceanfront Resort Spa web site at the time of publication of this article.
|Rates for 2023||6/15/23||9/15/23||12/15/23|
|1 King Room||$246.00||$319.00||$399.00|
|2 Queen Room||$246.00||$319.00||$399.00|
Overnight valet parking is available for $30 per night per vehicle. There is a $35.00 per night resort fee at the Opal Grand as well as a 7% sales tax and a 6% occupancy tax charge. The resort fee includes:
- Self parking for one vehicle
- Pool towel service
- Fitness center access
- In-room bottled water on arrival
- In-room coffee service
- Unlimited local and toll-free calls.
Our Thoughts about The Opal Grand
Endless Summer Florida has been to many different economy, moderate and luxury hotels throughout Florida and feel that The Opal Grand Oceanfront Resort & Spa is at near the top of the list of luxury resort properties in Palm Beach County as well as the South Florida area.
The location is one of the best in Delray Beach, situated directly on Ocean Boulevard immediately across from the beach. The resort is also within walking distance to the restaurants, shops and galleries along Atlantic Avenue.