Marriott’s Grande Vista is a vacation club resort (timeshare ownership) that is located near SeaWorld Orlando and the Orange County Convention Center. While this is a true fractional ownership vacation club, Marriott also offers their rooms on a nightly basis just like any typical hotel.
This 900-room resort is gated and has a security office who allows access only to authorized individuals. Arriving guests are given directions to the check-on / lobby area which is just past the security gate. Guests that are already checked-in are able to use their room key to bypass the security officer using an adjacent vehicle lane.
BOOK DIRECTLY AND SAVE – Click here for current rates and availability at the Marriott’s Grande Vista
Marriott’s Grande Vista has a number of different room types ranging from a standard guest room to a three-bedroom villa. These rooms and villas fit any lifestyle or traveling need. And with all there is to do at the resort, guests will hardly need to leave the property.
If you are interested in vacation club ownership at this resort, CLICK HERE to be directed to learn more.
Restrictions and Modified Services Due to COVID-19
Since our stay was in September 2020, the resort is dealing with the impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic. Following is a list of resort restrictions and modified services / amenities that were in place during our stay.
- Suspension of housekeeping services in occupied villas
- Closure of the Activities / Recreation Center and the Kids Club
- Socially distant pool deck furniture
- Fitness center limited to 10 guests at a time
- Closure of The Spa at the Grande Vista
- Family “Meal Deals” were not being offered
Marriott’s Grande Vista requires all associates and guest to wear a mask, practice social distancing and follow CDC recommendations. They have implemented a cleaning process using “enhanced cleaning protocols across the resort and the use of hospital-grade disinfectants”.
In addition, the resort has implemented a system of communication using text messages to that guests to not have to come to the front desk.
We must say that at no time did we feel unsafe during check-in, visiting the pool and dining facilities, or when using the amenities.
The Location of Marriott’s Grande Vista
Marriott’s Grande Vista enjoys a great location in the Orlando tourist district just off International Drive. This property is located centrally to all the Orlando theme parks, the Orlando / Orange County Convention Center, the International Drive tourist district and several of Orlando’s major shopping including the Orlando Premium Outlets.
Marriott’s Grande Vista
5925 Avenida Vista
Orlando, Florida 32821
It will take approximately 20 minutes to get to resort from the Orlando International Airport and less than 10 minutes to get to the Orlando / Orange County Convention Center, depending on traffic and the number of lights that you hit.
There are several restaurants and retail shops just outside the grounds of the resort. While it is possible to walk to these venues, the Grande Vista is set back from road so it would be a 10-minute walk from one of the residential buildings to the resort entrance along International Drive.
Some of the area shops and restaurants include:
- Applebee’s Restaurant
- Hurricane Grill & Wings
- Moe’s Southwest Grill
- Cici’s Pizza
- First Watch Diner
- National Supermarket (smaller grocery store)
- Walgreens Drug Store
For a major grocery store, there is a Publix Supermarket within approximately three-miles at 5350 Central Florida Parkway and a SuperTarget to the South at 11619 Daryl Carter Parkway.
The Orlando area theme parks are also a short distance to the hotel and per Google Maps, travel time is as follows (non-peak hours):
- SeaWorld Orlando: Less than 10 minutes.
- The Universal Orlando Resort: Approximately 20 minutes.
- The Magic Kingdom Park at the Walt Disney World Resort: approximately 25 minutes.
- EPCOT at the Walt Disney World Resort: approximately 20 minutes.
- Disney’s Hollywood Studios at the Walt Disney World Resort: approximately 20 minutes.
- Disney’s Animal Kingdom at the Walt Disney World Resort: approximately 20 minutes.
- Disney Springs at the Walt Disney World Resort: Approximately 15 minutes.
- Downtown Orlando: Approximately 30 minutes.
- Vineland Premium Outlets: Approximately 10 minutes
BOOK DIRECTLY AND SAVE – Click here for current rates and availability at the Marriott’s Grande Vista
Hotels Amenities at the Marriott’s Grande Vista
This resort has some of the nicest amenities in most of the larger hotel / timeshare properties in the Orlando area. There are four separate pool areas, a nine-hole golf course, on-site spa and plenty of recreation areas as well as things to do.
The pools areas at Marriott’s Grande Vista area as follows:
Village Center Pool
The Village Center Pool is the main pool area at this resort and is located just behind the main amenity building (Building 80) and adjacent to Building 81. There is a “U” shaped resort pool that surrounds a huge video monitor that features dive-in movies as well as resort information. In addition to the main pool, there is a two-lane lap pool, children’s splash pool and several whirlpool tubs.
This pool area features a poolside bar and is adjacent to The Grande Cove Restaurant and Mist Pool Bar as well as The Marketplace (sundries).
Just outside the pool area is Sandy Point which is a lakeside sandy beach area with plenty of seating, a sand volleyball court and a fire pit for roasting marshmallows and making smores.
Plaza del Sol Pool
The Plaza del Sol Pool is the second most popular pool at Marriott’s Grande Vista and designed like an old Spanish fort. There are actually two pools here (an upper pool and a lower pool) which are located adjacent to buildings 79 and 84. The lower pool area is perfect to kids as there are plenty of water features as well as a small “Splash Park”.
There is ample seating on both the ground level as well as the second floor of the “Fort” and this pool area features the C0pa Loca Bar & Grill (poolside bar and grill).
In addition to the Village Center Pool and the Plaza del Sol pool, there is the Golf Village Pool which is located adjacent to buildings 91 & 92 and the Club Village Pool which is located near buildings, 96, 97 and 98.
In addition to the resort pool, Marriott’s Grande Vista has a host of other amenities including:
- Tennis and Basketball courts
- Outdoor tables games (ping pong, Foosball, etc)
- Indoor game room
- Fitness center with locker room facilities
- Multiple barbecue grills and picnic areas
- Sand volleyball court
- Paddleboat rentals
- A full staffed activity center / kids club
- On-site Golf Course and Spa
On-site Dining at Marriott’s Grande Vista
Although most villas have full kitchens, this resort offers a number of different dining options which range from quick-service, poolside service and fine dining. Following are the on-site dining options at Marriott’s Grande Vista:
The Grill at Grande Vista
Located within the Grande Vista Golf Club, The Grill at Grande Vista is a casual full-service restaurant and bar which offers scenic views of the golf course. Outdoor seating is available for breakfast and lunch but the full restaurant is open for dinner. The American style cuisine features a variety of steaks and seafood offerings.
The Grill also features a children’s menu and there is also a private room for special event.
Copa Loca Bar and Grill
The Copa Loca Bar and Grill is located poolside at the Plaza del Sol Pool and is open for lunch and dinner. Guests dine alfresco in the casual poolside atmosphere and enjoy American cuisine along with a full bar.
The Grande Cove Restaurant and Mist Pool Bar
Quick service dining located in building 80 adjacent and offer a variety of American fare including rotisserie chicken, specialty pasta and handcrafted artisanal pizzas. The Grande Cove Restaurant is open for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
The Mist Pool Bar is adjacent tot he Village Center Pool and offers a wide variety of alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages.
You can pick up snacks, drinks, ice cream and other sundries at The Marketplace is also located in building 80 adjacent to the Village Center Pool.
Click here for current rates and availability at the Marriott’s Grande Vista – book direct with Marriott and save
The Grande Vista Golf Club
What makes the Grand Vista unique is that there is a golf club directly on the property. The Grande Vista Golf Club has been designed a Certified Audubon Cooperative Sanctuary and features is a 9-hole, par-32 Ron Garl-designed golf course to go along with a 35-acre dedicated practice facility which features the Marriott Golf Academy.
Marriott’s Grande Vista is only of two locations that host a Marriott Golf Academy (the other location is at Marriott’s Shadow Ride in Palm Desert, California). This academy offers personalized training for all skill levels in either an individual or group setting. Some of the features include:
- Instruction by PGA Professionals
- One, two and three-day training sessions
- Trackman (TM) and video swing analysis
- Complimentary TaylorMade club rental with instruction
- AimPoint Express green reading
- On-course instruction
The course itself has a combination of par 3 and 4 holes ranging in length from 160 yards to 413 yards (from the green tees). The entire 9-hole course plays at 2,375 yards, has a men’s rating of 62.4 and a slope of 111 (from the green tees).
The clubhouse has a pro shop, locker rooms and features “The Grill at Grande Vista” which is full service restaurant offering indoor and outdoor seating.
The Rooms at the Marriott’s Grande Vista
Since this is a vacation club resort and not a standard hotel, the rooms differ from a traditional hotel style property. There area several different types of rooms which are as follows:
- Guest Room: Includes 412 square feet with one king bed, a sofa bed and a balcony.
- One-Bedroom Villas: Includes 884 square feet with one king bed, a sofa bed, full kitchen, dining area and balcony.
- Two-Bedroom Villas: Includes 1,296 square feet featuring one king bed in one bedroom and two double beds in an additional bedroom. There are also two full bathrooms, a sofa bed, full kitchen, dining area and balcony.
- Three-Bedroom Villas: Includes 1,710 square feet with one king bed in one bedroom and two queen beds / two double beds in the additional bedroom. There are also three full bathrooms, a sofa bed, full kitchen, dining area and balcony.
All villas include flat panel televisions that feature HBO and Netflix, a full compliment of linens, an in-unit washer and dryer, wireless internet access, cookware and tableware and have a fully furnished balcony or patio area.
Our one-bedroom villa featured a jacuzzi tub right in the bedroom area and separate from the bathroom. As such, you can watch television right from the tub.
Hotel Internet Speed
We found that internet speed at Marriott’s Grande Vista to be lacking. Based on results from SpeedTest.net which was conducted around noon during a weekday, download speed was just 8.03 Mbps. However, upload speed was surprising quite good at 9.75 Mbps.
While we were able to have “Zoom” video meetings during the day, we found that connection speeds were quite slow in the evenings due to additional demand from other guests.
Hotels Rates at Marriott’s Grande Vista
The follow rates are the rates for each of the resort varies for different dates in 2020 and 2021. The rates shown below are the best available rate for two adults and two-children in each individual room type offered at Marriott’s Grande Vista.
The rates were obtained from the hotels web site at the time of publication of this article.
|Rates for 2020||11/6 to 11/8||12/25 to 12/27||1/29 to 1/31|
Resort Fees: There are no resort fees Marriott’s Grande Vista
Taxes: There is a 6% resort tax on top of a 6.5% sales tax
If you are a Marriott Bonvoy member you can use points for these hotels. Category 5 hotels require 30,000 during off peak nights, 35,000 during standard nights and 40,000 during peak nights.
What We Liked about Marriott’s Grande Vista
There are many different things to like at Marriott’s Grande Vista. Following are some of the highlights which we liked most:
- Several great pools including one with a big screen for dive-in movies
- An on-site golf course
- Clean and spacious rooms with a full kitchen and flatware
- Good location to the theme parks and local area attractions
- Represents a good value for the price
What We Didn’t Like about Marriott’s Grande Vista
There were a few things not to like when staying at the Marriott’s.
- The resort was originally built in 1997 so while well maintained, the buildings are starting to show their age with respect to design.
- There was no transportation to the Orlando area theme parks.
- Slow internet service, especially during peak times.
- Lack of a “water park” that is found in most large resorts in the Orlando area.
- Limited housekeeping service (this resort is a vacation club as compared to a hotel to it is not out of the ordinary).
What We Think Marriott’s Grande Vista is Perfect For:
These timeshare resorts/hotels are perfect for a number of vacationers visiting the Orlando area for and is perfect for:
- Long term stays (due to full kitchens and ample sized rooms).
- Larger families needing multiple bedrooms.
- Visitors to the Orlando theme parks as it is centrally located between Disney, Universal and SeaWorld.
- Long term business travelers (fairly close to the Orlando/Orange County Convention Center).
- Florida weekend staycations or golf outings.
Our Endless Summer Hotel Rating
Endless Summer Florida has been to many different economy, moderate and luxury hotels in the in the Orlando tourist area and have stayed at a number of vacation club properties throughout the area. As result, we feel that Marriott’s Grande Vista represents a very good value for the money as compared to other similar type properties throughout Central Florida.
There is plenty to do at this resort and the only really time that guests would need to leave is for groceries and / or dining. Otherwise, this resort is self contained and has all the features and activities for a very enjoyable Florida vacation.
Endless Summer rates these hotels 4.25 out of a possible 5 stars and recommend it for your next trip to Orlando to visit the theme parks or for a longer terms stays.