Marriott’s Harbour Lake is a vacation club resort (timeshare ownership) that is located near SeaWorld Orlando and the Orange County Convention Center. While this is a true fractional ownership vacation club, Marriott also offers their rooms on a nightly basis just like any typical hotel.
When arriving at this resort guests are greeted by a security officer at the single gated entrance where they are given directions to the check-on / lobby area or their individual building. Guests that are already check in are able to use their room key to bypass the security officer using an adjacent vehicle lane.
This resort has a number of different room types which will fit any lifestyle and offers a plethora of amenities. With all there is to do at the Marriott Harbour Lake, guests hardly ever need to leave the property. All the resort has to offer are outlined below.
The Location of Marriott’s Harbour Lake
Marriott’s Harbour Lakes enjoys one of the most convenient locations in the Orlando tourist district just off Central Florida Parkway immediately adjacent to Interstate 4. This property is centrally located to all the Orlando area theme parks, the Orange County Convention Center, International Drive and several of Orlando’s major shopping & entertainment destinations.
Marriott’s Harbour Lake
7102 Grand Horizons Boulevard
Orlando, Florida 32821
It will take approximately 20 minutes to get to resort Village from the Orlando International Airport and less than 5 minutes to get to the Orlando / Orange County Convention Center. There is even a rear entrance to the convention center that can be accessed from Westwood Boulevard.
There are several restaurants and retail venues within walking distance to the resort which include CVS Pharmacy, Bonefish Grill and a 7-Eleven convenience store. Additional shopping outlets and restaurants are located within one mile along International Drive. For groceries, a Publix Supermarket is located approximately two-miles to the east along Central Florida Park.
The Orlando area theme parks are also a short distance to the hotel and per Google Maps, travel time is as follows (non-peak hours):
- SeaWorld Orlando: Less than 5 minutes (15 minute walk).
- The Universal Orlando Resort: Approximately 20 minutes.
- The Magic Kingdom Park at the Walt Disney World Resort: approximately 25 minutes.
- EPCOT at the Walt Disney World Resort: approximately 20 minutes.
- Disney’s Hollywood Studios at the Walt Disney World Resort: approximately 20 minutes.
- Disney’s Animal Kingdom at the Walt Disney World Resort: approximately 20 minutes.
- Disney Springs at the Walt Disney World Resort: Approximately 15 minutes.
- Downtown Orlando: Approximately 30 minutes.
- Vineland Premium Outlets: Approximately 10 minutes
Hotels Amenities at Marriott’s Harbour Lake
Like most of the Orlando area resorts, a great pool area is an absolute must for savvy travelers. The Marriott Harbour Lake has two great pool areas which have sometime for everyone.
Shipwreck Landing Pool
The Shipwreck Landing Pool area features a enormous resort style pool themed with a pirate ship that includes slides and water cannons. The pool is surrounded by a large patio and adjacent to the Patio Bar and Grill as well as the lobby / community building.
There is poolside entertainment Thursday to Sunday and pool scuba lessons offered at the Shipwreck Landing Pool.
Florida Falls Pool Complex
The Florida Falls pool complex features a large on-site water playground with a two story water slide. While seating is not at plentiful as the Shipwreck Landing Pool, there is still plenty of room to relax and enjoy a cocktail while the kids play in the water.
Other Hotel Amenities Include:
- A miniature golf course
- Basketball courts
- Outdoor tables games (ping pong, Foosball, etc)
- Indoor game room
- Fitness center with locker room facilities
- Multiple barbecue grills and picnic areas
- Fire pit
- Large play field for soccer and Frisbee golf
- Sand volleyball court
- Lakeside pier with sitting area
- Indoor recreation room
- On-site laundry facilities
Located in the Key House, the Recreation Office is open from 9:00 AM to 9:00 PM daily. Guests can check out sport equipment and register for activities. Organized activities include:
- Exercise classes
- Arts & crafts
- Sports & games competitions (volleyball, kickball, soccer, ping pong, etc)
- Live music
- Movies, karaoke and shows
- Sidewalk chalk
- Puzzle races
- Music Trivia
There are two on-site dining facilities at the Marriott Harbour Lakes both of which are quick service dining options. The main dining source is The Patio Bar and Grill which is near the Shipwreck Landing Pool and open for breakfast, lunch and dinner. There is also a full service bar featuring specialty cocktails, wine and beer.
The second food service option is The Outpost which is a grab-and-go kiosks that services snacks & drinks and also services the mini-golf course.
The Rooms at Marriott’s Harbour Lake
Since this is a vacation club property and not a standard hotel, the rooms differ from a traditional hotel style property. There area three different types of rooms which are as follows:
- Guest Room: Includes one king bed, a sofa bed and a kitchenette.
- One-Bedroom Villas: Includes one king bed, a sofa bed, full kitchen and dining area.
- Two-Bedroom Villas: Includes one king bed in one bedroom and two queen beds in an additional bedroom. There are also two full bathrooms, a sofa bed, full kitchen and dining area.
All villas include televisions and a DVD player, wireless internet access, cookware and tableware and have a fully furnished balcony or patio area.
Hotels Rates at Marriott’s Harbour Lake
The follow rates are the rates for each of the resort varies for different dates throughout 2020. The rates shown below are the best available rate for two adults and two-children in each individual room type offered at Marriott’s Harbour Lakes.
The rates were obtained from the hotels web site at the time of publication of this article.
|Rates for 2022||Aug. 15th||Oct. 15th||Dec. 15th|
There are no resort fees at each of this resort but there is a 6% resort tax on top of a 6.5% sales tax on nightly rates. If you are a Marriott Bonvoy member you can use points for this resort.
What We Liked about Marriott’s Harbour Lake
There are many different things to like at this resort property. Following are some of the highlights:
- Extensive amenities and things to do
- Great pool areas
- Clean and spacious room
- Great central location to the theme parks and local area attractions
- Close to Interstate 4
- Good value for the price
What We Didn’t Like about Marriott’s Harbour Lake
There were a few things not to like when staying at the Marriott Harbour Lake.
- Limited on-site dining options
- No theme park shuttle service
- Limited housekeeping service (this resort is a vacation club as compared to a hotel to it is not out of the ordinary)
- Check out time is 10:00 am
What We Think Marriott’s Harbour Lake is Perfect For:
This resort are perfect for a wide variety of travelers coming to the Orlando area for and is perfect for:
- Long term stays (due to full kitchen)
- Larger families needing multiple bedrooms
- Theme parks visitors as it is centrally located between Disney, Universal and SeaWorld
- Long term business travelers (as it is close to the Orange County Convention Center)
- Florida weekend staycations
Our Endless Summer Hotel Rating
Endless Summer Florida has been to many different economy, moderate and luxury hotels in the in the Orlando tourist area and have stayed at a number of vacation club properties throughout the area. As result, we feel that this resorts represents a very good value for the money as compared to other similar type properties throughout Central Florida.
Marriott’s Harbour Lakes is a resort where there is plenty to do and the only really time that guests would need to leave is for food and / or dining. Otherwise, this resort is self contained and has all the features and activities for a very enjoyable Florida vacation.
Endless Summer rates this resort a 4.0 out of a possible 5 stars and recommend it for your next trip to Orlando to visit the theme parks or for a longer terms stays.