The Loews Sapphire Falls Resort is one of the best on-site hotels at the Universal Orlando Resort. Originally opened in July 2016, the 1,000-room Sapphire Falls has a very unique style and design as it features a casual, but elegant island theme and includes a water taxi stop right outside the rear door.
This full service resort is fast becoming one of our favorite Universal on-site hotels as it offers a great value for a fair price. Along with some of the best views at the Universal Orlando Resort, Sapphire Falls features an exceptional pool area and has nice dining options right on site. In less than five minutes guests can walk right into Volcano Bay without having to take a shuttle bus from the main parking garage.
Sapphire Falls is managed by Loews Hotels and is a Universal mid-tier “Preferred Hotels & Resorts” which means has upgraded amenities and dining venues while still offering a fairly moderate price. When staying at Sapphire Falls or any of the on-site hotels at Universal, guests are provided a number of exclusive theme park benefits which further enhance the value for the cost.
The Loews Sapphire Falls Resort – Frequently Asked Questions
What are the hotel rates at the Loews Sapphire Falls?
Depending on the time of year, hotel rates at the Lowes Sapphire Falls typically average from less than $200 per night for a standard room to more than $400 per night for the larger suites. Our most recent stay in June 2021 was for a rate of $164 per night.
How close is the Loews Sapphire Falls to the Universal theme parks?
The Loews Sapphire Falls Resort is a Universal on-site hotel which offers water taxi and shuttle bus transportation to Universal’s CityWalk. There is also a walking garden path that will take approximately 10 to 15 minutes to reach CityWalk. Pre-Covid there were free shuttle bikes which was a great way to travel.
Is there a Resort Fee or Parking Charge at the Loews Sapphire Falls Resort?
There are no resort fees at the Loews Sapphire Falls Resort but self-parking costs $26.00 per night and valet parking is available for $33 per night.
Is there a spa at the Loews Sapphire Falls Resort?
While there is not a full-service spa directly on site at the Loews Sapphire Falls Resort, guests can visit the luxurious Mandara Spa located at the Loews Portofino Bay Resort which is just a short water taxi ride away.
Does the Loews Sapphire Falls Resort offer complimentary Universal Express passes?
Since the Loews Sapphire Falls Resort is a Preferred Hotel at the Universal Orlando, complimentary Universal Express passes are not a resort benefit. Universal Premier hotels (Loews Portofino Bay Hotel, the Hard Rock Hotel, and the Loews Royal Pacific Resort) are the only hotels that provided Universal Express Unlimited.
Is there a nice pool at the Loews Sapphire Falls Resort?
At 16,000 square feet in size, the Loews Sapphire Falls Resort has the largest single pool of any hotel at the Universal Orlando Resort. Features include a sandy beach area, water slide, children’s play area and large hot tub.
What are the food & beverage options at the Loews Sapphire Falls Resort?
The Loews Sapphire Falls Resort features a number of dining options ranging from grab-and-go to poolside and upscale dining. Learn more about the dining options below.
What is the check-in and check-out time at Loews Sapphire Falls Resort?
The check in-time at the Loews Sapphire Falls Resort is 4:00 pm and check out time is at 11:00 am.
What is the pet policy at the Loews Sapphire Falls Resort?
The Loews Sapphire Falls Resort is a pet friendly hotel allowing up to two (2) pets per room. There is a $100 one-time fee per stay two dogs that are 35 pounds or less and includes a pet tag, bowl and treats. Click here to see the complete Loews Loves Pets Policy.
The Location of the a Loews Sapphire Falls Resort
The Loews Sapphire Falls Resort is within the boundaries of Universal Orlando, immediately adjacent to Universal’s Aventura Hotel and across the street from the Universal’s Cabana Bay Beach Resort. Access to the hotel is fairly simple as there is an interchange at Universal Boulevard from Interstate 4.
This property is very well located and is fairly close to the Orlando /Orange County Convention Center, the International Drive attractions and several of Orlando’s major shopping & entertainment destinations.
Loews Sapphire Falls Resort
6601 Adventure Way
Orlando, Florida 32819
It will take travelers about 20 minutes to get to the hotel from the Orlando International Airport and less around 10 minutes to get to the Orlando / Orange County Convention Center.
In addition to what is offered on-site at the Universal Orlando Resort, there are several restaurants and retail venues within a very short distance along Kirkman Drive which include a Walgreens Pharmacy, Kobe Japanese Steakhouse and TGI Fridays. Additional shopping outlets and restaurants are located along nearby International Drive and Sand Lake Road (along known as restaurant row).
Being in the heart of the Universal Orlando Resort, Universal’s CityWalk, Universal Studios Florida and Islands of Adventure is a 10-minute water taxi ride away.
Guests can also take the Universal Parks Garden Walk to the CityWalk entrance near Jimmy Buffet’s Margaritaville restaurant (approximately a 10 to 15 minute walk).
There is also entrance to Universal’s Volcano Bay water theme park which is literally at rear of the Aventura Hotel, located just across from Sapphire Falls. There is a walk path for convenience so if you are visiting Volcano Bay and feel like taking a break and going to the room for an hour, just walk out the gate are you are back to the hotel. Just make sure you bring your room key as you will need it for access.
Additional area theme parks and destinations are short distance to the hotel. Per Google Maps, travel time is as follows (non-peak hours):
- SeaWorld Orlando: Less than 15 minutes.
- The Magic Kingdom Park at the Walt Disney World Resort: approximately 25 minutes.
- EPCOT at the Walt Disney World Resort: approximately 20 minutes.
- Disney’s Hollywood Studios at the Walt Disney World Resort: approximately 20 minutes.
- Disney’s Animal Kingdom at the Walt Disney World Resort: approximately 25 minutes.
- Disney Springs at the Walt Disney World Resort: approximately 15 minutes.
- Downtown Orlando: approximately 20 minutes.
- Orlando Premium Outlets: Less than 5 minutes.
- Vineland Premium Outlets: Less than 15 minutes.
Hotels Amenities at the Loews Sapphire Falls Resort
The Loews Sapphire Falls is a fairly large full-service hotel within the Universal Orlando Resort and features a number of amazing amenities including:
Resort-Style Swimming Pool
The 16,000 square foot resort pool at Sapphire Falls is one-of-a-kind. With a sand beach area, waterside, children’s play area, cabana rental and an enormous hot tub, guests can spend an entire day relaxing at this oasis.
The Loews Sapphire Falls offers its guest a number of daily poolside activities including contests, games and more.
Kaline Health + Fitness Center
Guests visiting the Loews Sapphire Falls complimentary access to the Kaline Health + Fitness Center which includes a full compliment of cardio-vascular and strength training equipment. Separate locker rooms for men and women provide towels, showers and dry saunas.
Additional Amenities at Sapphire Falls include:
- On-site Vacation Planning Center / Ticket Desk
- 24-hour room service
- 24-hour on-site business center for computer usage and printing
- Mail, package and shipping service
- On-site rental car desk (Avis)
- Complimentary Wi-Fi throughout the Hotel
- Calypso Game Room (arcade)
- A Universal Studios Store
Dining Options at the Loews Sapphire Falls Resort
The Lowes Sapphire Falls Resort features multiple casual and upscale dining options that will fit any palette.
New Dutch Trading Co.
The New Dutch Trading Co. is the quick service / grab-and-go dining option at the Loews Sapphire Fall Resorts. Open daily for breakfast, lunch and dinner from 6:00 am to midnight, guests will enjoy sandwiches, pastries, coffee, ice cream and other delicacies for their sweet tooth.
The Amatista Cookhouse is the resorts upscale dining venue offering Caribbean-inspired cuisine prepared in an open kitchen. Open for breakfast, lunch and dinner service (closed Monday’s for dinner), Amatista offers an American style breakfast buffet as well as variety of salads, burgers, flatbreads, seafood, chicken and steak for lunch or dinner.
Drhum Club Kantine
Drhum Club Kantine is located poolside and is open daily from 11:oo AM to 11:00 PM (food service is available one hour before closing). Guests will enjoy beer, wine and specialty cocktails as well as appetizers, salads, burgers, sandwiches and pizzas.
Strong Water Tavern
Open daily from 5:oo PM to midnight (closed Tuesday and Wednesday), the Strong Water Tavern is the perfect spot to relax and enjoy a cold beer, glass of wine or a specialty cocktail while munching on an appetizer. This nautical inspires lounge features indoor seating as well as an elevated patio overlooking the waterfall and lagoon.
24-Hour Room Service
From breakfast service to all-day and late-night dining, the Loews Sapphire Falls Resort offers 24-hour room service.
In addition to the dining options at Loews Sapphire Falls Resort, guests will find a number of restaurants ranging from casual and quick-service dining to fine dining at the other Universal on-site hotels as well as Universal’s CityWalk. Click here to see our Complete Guide to Universal’s CityWalk.
Universal On-Site Hotel Benefits
When staying on-site at the Universal Orlando Resort guests receive a number of benefits that greatly enhance the enjoyment of their visit.
The on-site benefits of staying at the Loews Sapphire Falls Resort include:
- Early Park Admission to the Wizarding World of Harry Potter: Typically either Universal Studios Florida or Islands of Adventure open one hour early to allow hotel guests additional time to explore the Wizarding World.
- Private Entrance to Volcano Bay: There is an private entrance to Volcano Bay just at the rear of Universal’s Aventura Hotel. Make sure you bring your room key as it will be needed for access.
- Complimentary Transportation: Guests of Sapphire Falls can take the Water Taxi for a short trip to the theme parks and CityWalk.
- Room Key Charge Privileges and Purchase Delivery: Do you want to purchase a wand at Ollivanders? Guests can use their room key to charge their purchases and Universal will deliver their packages directly to their room at Cabana Bay (select stores only).
- Complimentary Universal CityWalk Club Access: Guests receive complimentary access to select live entertainment venues and clubs at Universal’s CityWalk.
- Resort-wide Pool Hopping: Guests of Sapphire Falls can visit other hotel pools throughout the Universal Orlando Resort. We would highly recommended you check out the pool at the Hard Rock Hotel and the Loews Portfolio Hotel.
The Rooms and Hotel Rates at the Loews Sapphire Falls Resort
The Loews Sapphire Falls Resort is enormous features 1,000 individual hotel rooms including 83 individual suites in three separate wings or “Guests Houses”. With the exception of the Kids Suites, the rooms have a casual island theme with soft colors and modern décor.
In-room amenities are extensive and include premium linens (300 thread count, 100% cotton bedding), working desk with chair, 49 inch flat panel televisions with premium canned and on-demand movies for rent, iPhone docking station, Keurig coffee maker, mini-refrigerator, iron / ironing board, in-room safe, hair dryer.
The room have pool, lagoon resort views. Our most recent stay was within a room with a lagoon view and it was one of the best views of all the rooms we stayed in on-site at the Universal Orlando Resort.
Individual room features are as follows:
Loews Sapphire Falls Resort Room Types
- Standard Rooms: Includes one king or two queen beds in 321 square feet of living space. Some Standard Rooms feature lagoon and pool views.
- Kid Suites: These 529 square foot rooms sleeps up to 5 guests and feature a king bed in one room and two twin beds in a separate room.
- King Suites: These 599 square foot one-bedroom suites feature a separate living and sleep up to 5 guests.
- Sapphire Suites: These 529 square foot rooms sleeps up to 5 guests and feature separate living area, dining area and two bathrooms.
- Hospitality Suites: These 1,353 square foot one-bedroom suites sleep up to 3 guests and feature a separate living, kitchenette and dining area. Several Hospitality Suites have outdoor patios.
- Presidential Suite: This 1,315 square feet suite sleeps up to 3 guests and features a king bed room, living area, dining room, conference area, study and two bathrooms.
Loews Sapphire Falls Resort Room Types
The following rates are for for two adults and two-children in three different room types different dates throughout 2021 and 2022. These rates are the best available rate at the Loews Sapphire Falls Resort and were obtained from the Loews Hotels & Co web site at the time of publication of this article.
There are a number of promotions offered during the year as well as discounts for Universal annual passholders and Florida residents.
|Rates for 2021 – 22||12/15/21||3/15/22||6/15/22|
|Standard Room – 2 Queen||$226.00||$226.00||$282.00|
|Standard Room – 2 Queen Lagoon View||$241.00||$241.00||$282.00|
There are no resort fees at each of this resort but there is a 6% resort tax on top of a 6.5% sales tax on nightly rates. There is also a $26 per night overnight parking charge.
Conferences and Events at The Loews Sapphire Falls Resort
The Loews Sapphire Falls Resort has 115,000 square feet of flexible event and meeting space including two large ballrooms, 16 meeting rooms, three meeting planner offices and 36,000 square feet of pre-function space.
There is also an air-conditioned connecting walking to the Loews Royal Pacific Resort which, when added to Sapphire Falls, offers more than 247,000 square feet to event space. These venues are perfect for weddings, business conferences, large corporate meetings and more.
What We Liked about Loews Sapphire Falls Resort
There are many different things to like at this resort property. Following are some of the highlights:
- Moderate priced Universal on-site hotel option
- Walking distance to Volcano Bay
- Water taxi to CityWalk and the Universal theme parks
- Fantastic island theme
- Good selection of amenities and dining options
What We Didn’t Like about Sapphire Falls
There were a few things not to like when staying at the these hotels.
- Parking fee of $26 per night
- Limited indoor casual dining (poolside dining was closed during a rainstorm)
- Lengthy walk from lobby to furthest rooms
What We Think Sapphire Falls is Perfect For:
These hotels are great for a wide variety of travelers visiting the Universal Orlando Resort and are perfect for:
- Guests visiting Universal’s theme parks, most specifically Volcano Bay
- Vacation visitors seeking an elegant, full-service hotel at a fairly moderate price
- A great venue for small to mid-size conferences and events
Our Endless Summer Hotel Rating
Endless Summer Florida has been to many different economy, moderate and luxury hotels in the in the central Florida tourist area and have stayed at a number of extended stay type hotels. We feel that the Loews Sapphire Falls Resort represents a very good value for the money as compared to other similar category hotels throughout the Orlando theme park areas.
Endless Summer rates this resort a 4.0 out of a possible 5 stars and recommend this hotel for your next trip to Universal Orlando.