The Loews Royal Pacific Resort is another of our favorite on-site hotels at the Universal Orlando Resort. Originally opened in 1999 as part of the expansion of the resort, the 1,000-room Royal Pacific Resort has a unique South Seas theme. The resort has a true island feel right down to the design and décor.
What’s unique about this property is that guests can hear the roar of the Incredible Hulk roller coaster as well as the sound of Dr. Doom’s Fearfall since Universal’s Islands of Adventure is just on the other side of Hollywood Way. In addition to it’s location, the Royal Pacific Resort is the largest meeting hotel within Universal Orlando with more than 132,000 square feet of meeting and event space.
The resort is managed by Loews Hotels and is a Universal top tier “Premier Hotels & Resorts” which means has the resorts highest level of amenities, dining venues and service. When staying at the Royal Pacific Resort or any of the on-site hotels at Universal, guests are provided a number of exclusive theme park benefits which further enhance the value for the cost.
If you thinking about staying at the Loews Royal Pacific Resort or any of the amazing hotels at Universal, we would appreciate if you can use our links when making the reservations. Endless Summer is an affiliate with Expedia.com and receives a small commission for each stay that was referred by our website.
The Loews Royal Pacific Resort – Frequently Asked Questions
What are the hotel rates at the Loews Royal Pacific Resort?
Depending on the time of year, hotel rates at the Loews Royal Pacific Resort typically average from less than $300 per night for a standard room to more than $750 per night for the larger suites. Discounts are frequently offered for Universal Orlando annual passholders as well as Florida residents.
How close is the Loews Royal Pacific Resort to the Universal theme parks?
The Loews Royal Pacific Resort is a Universal on-site hotel which offers water taxi and shuttle bus transportation to Universal’s CityWalk and Volcano Bay.
There is also a walking garden path that will take approximately 15 minutes to reach CityWalk (there is an entrance by Jimmy Buffet’s Margaritaville restaurant) . Pre-Covid there were free shuttle bikes which was a great way to travel.
Is there a Resort Fee or Parking Charge at the Loews Royal Pacific Resort?
There are no resort fees at the Loews Royal Pacific Resort but self-parking costs $28.00 per vehicle per night. Valet parking is also available at a charge of $37 per night.
Other costs include Florida state sales tax of 6.5% and an Orange County occupancy tax of 6%.
Is there a spa at the Loews Royal Pacific Resort?
While there is not a full-service spa directly on site at the Royal Pacific Resort, guests can visit the luxurious 13,000 square foot Mandara Spa located at the Loews Portofino Bay Resort which is just a short water taxi ride away.
Does the Loews Royal Pacific Resort offer complimentary Universal Express passes?
Since the Loews Royal Pacific Resort is a Premier level hotel at the Universal Orlando Resort, complimentary Universal Express passes are included as a resort benefit. Other Universal Premier hotels include the Hard Rock Hotel and the Loews Portofino Bay Hotel.
Universal Express is the ultimate theme park benefit of any hotel in the Orlando area.
Is there a nice pool at the Loews Royal Pacific Resort?
There is an extensive lagoon-style pool with features the Royal Bali Sea interactive water play area for children. Also offered are two hot tubs and private cabanas which are available for rent.
What are the food & beverage options at the Loews Royal Pacific Resort?
The Loews Royal Pacific Resort features a number of dining options ranging from grab-and-go to poolside and upscale dining. Learn more about the dining options in our post below.
What is the check-in and check-out time at the Loews Royal Pacific Resort?
The check in-time at the Loews Royal Pacific Resort is 4:00 pm and check out time is at 11:00 am.
What is the pet policy at the Loews Royal Pacific Resort?
The Loews Royal Pacific Resort is a pet friendly hotel allowing up to two (2) pets per room. There is a $100 one-time fee per stay two dogs that are 35 pounds or less and includes a pet tag, bowl and treats. Click here to see the complete Loews Loves Pets Policy.
What is the reservation cancellation policy at the Loews Royal Pacific Resort?
Guests may cancel reservations for the Loews Royal Pacific Resort six or more days prior to the visit for a full refund. A one night room rate plus tax fee is charged for cancellations from five days or lesser.
The Location of the a Loews Royal Pacific Resort Hotel
The Loews Royal Pacific Resort is within the boundaries of the Universal Orlando Resort, just across Hollywood Way from the Universal’s Island of Adventure. Access to the hotel is fairly simple as there is an interchange at Universal Boulevard from Interstate 4, just three minutes to the hotel.
This property is very well located and is fairly close to the Orlando /Orange County Convention Center, the International Drive attractions and several of Orlando’s major shopping & entertainment destinations.
Loews Royal Pacific Resort
6300 Hollywood Way
Orlando, Florida 32819
It will take travelers about 20 minutes to get to the hotel from the Orlando International Airport and less around 10 minutes to get to the Orlando / Orange County Convention Center.
In addition to what is offered on-site at the Universal Orlando Resort, there are several restaurants and retail venues within a very short distance along Kirkman Drive which include a Walgreens Pharmacy, Kobe Japanese Steakhouse and TGI Fridays. Additional shopping outlets and restaurants are located along nearby International Drive and Sand Lake Road (along known as restaurant row).
Being in the heart of the Universal Orlando Resort, Universal’s CityWalk, Universal Studios Florida and Islands of Adventure is a 10-minute water taxi ride away.
Guests can also take “The Garden Walk” (walkway) under Hollywood Way along the water taxi route to an entrance just adjacent to Jimmy Buffet’s Margaritaville restaurant in CityWalk (approximately a 15 minute walk).
Additional area theme parks and destinations are short distance to the hotel. Per Google Maps, travel time is as follows (non-peak hours):
- SeaWorld Orlando: Less than 15 minutes.
- The Magic Kingdom Park at the Walt Disney World Resort: approximately 25 minutes.
- EPCOT at the Walt Disney World Resort: approximately 20 minutes.
- Disney’s Hollywood Studios at the Walt Disney World Resort: approximately 20 minutes.
- Disney’s Animal Kingdom at the Walt Disney World Resort: approximately 25 minutes.
- Disney Springs at the Walt Disney World Resort: approximately 15 minutes.
- Downtown Orlando: approximately 20 minutes.
- Orlando Premium Outlets: Less than 5 minutes.
- Vineland Premium Outlets: Less than 15 minutes.
Hotels Amenities at the Loews Royal Pacific Resort
The Loews Royal Pacific Resort is a one of the largest full-service hotels at the Universal Orlando Resort and features a number of amazing amenities including:
Resort-Style Swimming Pool
The lagoon pool at the Royal Pacific Resort is one of the best hotel pools at Universal. There is a zero entry area for relaxing as well as the Royal Bali Sea interactive water play area. There are two hot tubs and poolside cabanas are offered for rental. The Cabana’s include a television, refrigerator with water and soft drinks, a fruit platter and ceiling fan.
The Loews Royal Pacific Resort offers its guest a number of daily poolside activities including contests, games, crafts and nightly dive-in movies.
Guests visiting the Loews Royal Pacific Resort have complimentary access to the fitness center which includes a full compliment of cardio-vascular and strength training equipment. Separate locker rooms for men and women provide towels, showers and dry saunas.
Torch Lighting Ceremony
Although currently suspended at this time, guests staying at the Loews Royal Pacific Resort will enjoy a free poolside “Torch Lightning Ceremony” show on select evenings featuring the “oli aloha” welcome chant and fire dancers.
Jake’s Beer Festival
On select nights features throughout the course of the year at Jake’s American Bar, guests will enjoy a five-course meal accompanied by specialty paired ales and largers. This festival includes around 50 craft and specialty beers to go along with an array of live entertainment.
Guests staying at the Loews Royal Pacific Resort have access to the 13,000 square foot Mandara Spa which is located at the nearby Loews Portofino Bay Hotel. The spa features 14 individual treatment rooms, a full-service salon, co-ed lounge and hydropool as well as separate men’s and women’s sauna & steam rooms.
Additional Amenities at Royal Pacific Resort include:
- On-site Universal Vacation Planning Center
- 24-hour room service
- 24-hour on-site business center
- Full service concierge
- Resort Kids Camps
- Complimentary Wi-Fi throughout the Hotel
- Game (Not) Over (arcade)
- Universal Studios Store
- Toyko Gifts store
- Treasures of Bali store
- On-site Car Rental
Dining Options at the Loews Royal Pacific Resort
The Loews Royal Pacific Resort features multiple casual and upscale dining options that will fit any palette.
Islands Dining Room
Islands Dining Room offers Pan-American cuisine like that which is served in the Pacific Islands. Islands is open daily for breakfast, lunch and dinner service stating at 7:00 AM (reservations are recommended for dinner)
Jake’s American Bar
Inspired by legendry South Seas explorer Jake McNally, Jake’s American Bar is the perfect place to enjoy a specialty burger and a craft beer. Jake’s is open daily for lunch and dinner service starting at 11:00 AM and extending to 1:00 AM – live entertainment is offered on select nights.
Orchid Court Lounge and Sushi Bar
The Orchid Court Lounge and Sushi Bar is a fairly new dining venue at the Royal Pacific Resort. This casual, lobby bar features a variety of sushi, sashimi, appetizers and specialty cocktails. Open daily from 4:00 PM to 1:00 AM.
Tuk Tuk Market
Quick service and grab-and-go eats are offered at Tuk Tuk Market. Get your sandwiches or salads here along with an array of drinks and snacks. Open daily from 6:00 AM to 11:00 PM.
Bula Bar & Grill
Guests will enjoy burgers and sandwiches along with specialty cocktails all while sitting by the pool. Bula Bar & Grill is open daily from 11:00 am and serves lunch and dinner.
24-Hour Room Service
From breakfast service to all-day and late-night dining, the Loews Royal Pacific Resort offers 24-hour room service.
In addition to the dining options at Loews Royal Pacific Resort, guests will find a number of restaurants ranging from casual and quick-service dining to fine dining at the other Universal on-site hotels as well as Universal’s CityWalk. Click here to see our Complete Guide to Universal’s CityWalk.
Universal On-Site Hotel Benefits
When staying on-site at the Universal Orlando Resort guests receive a number of benefits that greatly enhance the enjoyment of their visit.
The on-site benefits of staying at the Loews Royal Pacific Resort include:
- Universal Express Unlimited: This benefit allows guests to skip the regular lines at most of the attractions at Universal Studios Florida and Universal’s Islands of Adventure. If purchased separately, Universal Express Unlimited is worth the additional cost of staying at Universal’s premier hotels and can be a value of up to $129 per person per day (over $500 per day for a family of four).
- Early Park Admission to the Wizarding World of Harry Potter: Typically either Universal Studios Florida or Islands of Adventure open one hour early to allow hotel guests additional time to explore the Wizarding World.
- Restaurant Priority Seating: Another exclusive benefit for guests staying at premier hotels is priority seating at select restaurants throughout the Universal Orlando Resort. This includes restaurants at other on-site hotels or the dining venues at Universal’s CityWalk.
- Complimentary Transportation: Guests can take the Water Taxi for a short trip to the theme parks and CityWalk.
- Room Key Charge Privileges and Purchase Delivery: Do you want to purchase a wand at Ollivanders? Guests can use their room key to charge their purchases and Universal will deliver their packages directly to their room at Royal Pacific Resort (select stores only).
- Complimentary Universal CityWalk Club Access: Guests receive complimentary access to select live entertainment venues and clubs at Universal’s CityWalk.
- Resort-wide Pool Hopping: Guests can visit other hotel pools throughout the Universal Orlando Resort. We would highly recommended you check out the pool at the Hard Rock Hotel and the Loews Sapphire Falls Resort.
The Rooms and Hotel Rates at the Loews Royal Pacific Resort
The Loews Royal Pacific Resort fairly large featuring 1,000 individual club level rooms and suites. Most rooms have a South Seas theme with garden or water views. There are also specialty themed kids suites.
In-room amenities are extensive and include premium linens (300 thread count, 100% cotton bedding), working desk with chair, flat panel televisions with premium and on-demand movies for rent, iPhone docking station, Intelliblend coffee maker, iron / ironing board, in-room safe, hair dryer.
Loews Royal Pacific Resort Room Types
- Standard Rooms: Includes one king or two queen beds in 335 square feet of living space. Standard Rooms feature garden or water views.
- Club Level Rooms: These rooms are similar to Standard Rooms but offer guests access to the Royal Club Lounge as well as nightly turndown service and personal concierge service.
- Jurassic World™ Kids’ Suites: The 670 square foot specialty themed suites feature a private themed sleeping area just for the kids while the adults enjoy privacy in their own bedroom.
- King Suites: The 670 square foot king suites feature separate a living / work area.
- Hospitality Suites: The one and two-bedroom hospitality suites feature a full living / dining area, full service kitchenette and separate powder bathrooms. Hospitality suites sleep up to 6 people (or 8 with a pull out sofa).
- Presidente Suites: The 2,010 square foot Presidente Suites feature separate living / dining space, kitchenette and an additional half-bathroom.
The 2,000 square foot 7th floor Royal Club Lounge offered with Club Level Rooms and hotel Suites is open daily for a continental breakfast as well as complimentary drinks & snacks during the day and evening. The lounge is open from 7:00 AM to 10:00 PM daily.
The hotel rates shown below are the best available rate for different dates during the year for two adults and two-children in three different room types. Theses were obtained from the Loews Hotels & Co web site at the time of publication of this article.
|Rates for 2022||6/15/22||9/15/22||12/15/22|
|Standard Room with Garden View – 2 Queen||$569.00||$339.00||$339.00|
|Water View Room – 2 Queen||$594.00||$364.00||$364.00|
|Jurassic World Kids Suite||$834.00||NA||$584.00|
There are no resort fees at each of this resort but there is a 6% resort tax on top of a 6.5% sales tax on nightly rates. There is also a $28 per night overnight parking charge.
There are a number of promotions offered during the year as well as discounts for Universal annual passholders and Florida residents.
Conferences and Events at The Loews Royal Pacific Resort
The Loews Royal Pacific Resort features 132,000 square feet of flexible event and meeting space which is the largest on-site conference center at the Universal Orlando Resort. The event space includes a 41,000+ square foot ballroom with 21-foot high ceilings that is divisible in 12 sections, the Wantilan Luau Pavilion and an outdoor Functions Lawn.
The hotel combines with the adjacent Loews Sapphire Falls Resort to create The Lowes Meating Complex at Universal Orlando with approximately 247,000 of combined space.
What We Liked about Loews Royal Pacific Resort:
There are many different things to like at this resort property. Following are some of the highlights:
- High quality resort with excellent design / theming
- Abundant amenities and on-site activities
- Water taxi to CityWalk and the Universal theme parks
- Extensive dining options
What We Didn’t Like about the Lowes Royal Pacific Resort:
There were a few things not to like when staying at the these hotels.
- Can be pricy during high season
- Parking fee of $28 per night
- Crowded pool area during peak weekend days
What We Think the Lowes Royal Pacific Resort is Perfect For:
These hotels are great for a wide variety of travelers visiting the Universal Orlando Resort and are perfect for:
- Guests visiting Universal’s theme parks
- Vacation visitors seeking an elegant, full-service hotel with a great theme
- A great venue for mid-size conferences and events
Our Endless Summer Hotel Rating
Endless Summer Florida has been to many different economy, moderate and luxury hotels in the in the central Florida tourist area and have stayed at a number of extended stay type hotels. We feel that the Loews Royal Pacific Resort is one of the most unique and highest quality resorts as compared to other similar category hotels throughout the Orlando theme park areas.
Endless Summer rates this resort a 4.5 out of a possible 5 stars and recommend this hotel for your next trip to Universal Orlando.