All new for 2021 is SeaWorld Orlando’s Howl-O-Scream. Taking a page from Busch Gardens Tampa, SeaWorld is bringing this terrifying after-hours event to Orlando will roaming haunts, scare zones, live Halloween themed shows and haunted houses.
Howl-O-Scream is held on select nights starting in early September and will run until Halloween night. SeaWorld closes its gates to daily visitors and the park is transformed into an adult-orientated fright fest with scare zones, haunted houses and themed shows. Guests will also find a number of
A separate ticket is needed to attend Howl-O-Scream and prices vary based on the individual date. The event begins at 7:00 PM and ends at 2:00 AM on Friday and Saturday evenings and from 7:00 PM to Midnight Thursday and Sunday evenings.
What does is cost to attend Howl-O-Scream at SeaWorld Orlando?
For 2021, Howl-O-Scream will run on select nights from September 10th to October 31st and is a separately ticketed event. The full calendar along with prices is shown below:
- September 10, 2021 – $37.99
- September 11, 2021 – $47.99
- September 17, 2021 – $37.99
- September 18, 2021 – $47.99
- September 19, 2021 – $29.99
- September 24, 2021 – $37.99
- September 25, 2021 – $47.99
- September 26, 2021 – $29.99
- October 1, 2021 – $37.99
- October 2, 2021 – $47.99
- October 3, 2021 – $34.99
- October 7, 2021 – $29.99
- October 8, 2021 – $42.99
- October 9, 2021 – $47.99
- October 10, 2021 – $34.99
- October 14, 2021 – $29.99
- October 15, 2021 – $42.99
- October 16, 2021 – $47.99
- October 17, 2021 – $37.99
- October 21, 2021 – $34.99
- October 22, 2021 – $42.99
- October 23, 2021 – $50.99
- October 24, 2021 – $34.99
- October 28, 2021 – $34.99
- October 29, 2021 – $37.99
- October 30, 2021 – $50.99
- October 31, 2021 – $34.99
An unlimited visit ticket is being offered for $99.99 and there is also a two park unlimited visit ticket (SeaWorld & Busch Gardens) being offered for $139.99 each. Reservation are required and must be booked separately.
There are discounts being offered to annual passholders so if you are one, make sure you log into the web site to check for the most current offers.
There are a number of upgrades offered for the 2021 Howl-O-Scream event at SeaWorld Orlando. These include:
- Front Line Fear: Single-use front of the line access to houses and rides – $49.00 and up.
- Front Line Fear Extreme: Unlimited front of the line access to houses and rides, one-time reserved seating and bonus scares – $79.00 and up.
- VIP Terror Tour: VIP guide for 5 hours, unlimited front of the line access to houses and rides, priority reserved seating, 4 complimentary beverages and a bonus scare – $189.00 and up.
One of the very unique add-ons was the “NO BOO” necklace. Those guests wearing this necklace will not be approached by Scare Actors. And for just $15.00, it makes for a great souvenir.
Haunted Houses at Howl-O-Scream
There are four haunted houses for Howl-O-Scream for 2021, each with its own terrifying theme.
Beneath The Ice
Located in the Wild Arctic attraction across from Shamu’s Stadium, guests will journey to the Arctic Circle to find a lost research facility that was buried under snow and ice. Once inside they will find unspeakable horrors and will “have to stay frosty and alert to survive”.
Just outside Beneath the Ice next to the Tormented Bar is a special feature to this haunted house. Guests can pay to hit a special “Scare Button” and scare those walking through the house itself. Four scares are offered for $5.00 and 19 scares are offered for $8.00.
Beneath the Ice was probably our favorite haunted house at Howl-O-Scream this year. It was a little chilly since it’s held in the Wild Arctic attraction but that added to the experience.
Water’s Edge Inn
Restless souls are just about everywhere in this decaying waterside inn. Something goes terribly wrong as the sea-crazed innkeeper comes after his guests.
The Waters Edge Inn is located just past the Howl-O-Scream Store (formerly the gift shop for Wild Arctic). If you are a Platinum Passholder, you get to go into a “special” room that adds to the overall terrifying experience.
Located just outside of Sesame Street Land near the pretzel kitchen, this once proud ship has been possessed by a terrifying ghoulish force.
Guests descend in the bowels of the ship in search of the missing captain. But watch out as you might find yourself a permanent member of the crew.
You find yourself in a jungle where there is stirring among the trees where a mistress of evil has poisoned the woods with “an all-consuming appetite for visitors like you”.
Monster Stomp Slasher Alley
Watch Jack the Ripper as he preys on those walking the streets of Victoria-era London. This exciting stage show features a mix of rock & rhythm along with dancing, singing and percussion.
Located in the Nautilus Theatre, showtimes for Monster Stomp Slasher Alley are at 9:00 PM, 10:30 PM and midnight.
Do you have the courage to face the one being the ominous occurrences? If so, prepare for amazing dance, special effects and bone-chilling savagery in this show that is not for the faint of heart.
Scare Zones & Roaming Haunts
Sea of Souls
Guests find a horrific shipwreck where the restless souls of angry pirates take revenge on weary travelers.
You have wandered into a picturesque campground in the year 1961 where all the campers have disappeared. Creatures emerge and this becomes more like a nightmare than a dream.
Located by the Infinity Falls attraction, voodoo and witchcraft dwell deep in the backwater bayou. Watch out for those trying to cast their spells.
Zombies and subhuman walkers occupy this frozen Arctic wasteland where guests are not free from the frozen horrors.
Frozen Terror is located just outside the entrance to How-O-Scream by Bayside Stadium.
- The Sirens
- The Creatures
- The Minions
Grab a specialty cocktail right in the middle of all the action at one of the themed bar experiences during Howl-O-Scream.
- Poison Grotto
- Longshoremen Tavern
- Sirens’ Last Call
Where should we stay when visiting Howl-O-Scream at SeaWorld Orlando?
Unlike Walt Disney World and Universal Orlando, SeaWorld Orlando does not have any on-site hotels. However, it has a number of “Official Hotel Partners” and “Hotel Partners” that provide a fair amount of benefits for your visit to SeaWorld.
As of Fall 2021, there are 11 “Official Hotel Partners” that are all within a mile of SeaWorld with several being withing walking distance.
- Renaissance Orlando at SeaWorld
- DoubleTree by Hilton Orlando at SeaWorld
- Fairfield Inn and Suites Orlando by SeaWorld
- Hilton Garden Inn Orlando at SeaWorld
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites at SeaWorld
- SpringHill Suites Orlando at SeaWorld
- TownPlace Suites Orlando at SeaWorld
- Hampton Inn & Suites Orlando at SeaWorld
- Staybridge Suites Orlando at SeaWorld
- Residence Inn Orlando at SeaWorld
- Hilton Grand Vacations at SeaWorld
By far our favorite “official” hotel is the Renaissance Orlando at SeaWorld which is located directly on the other side of Sea Harbor Drive, and a very short walk to the front gate. This hotel has an amazing lobby with several dining options, a great pool area, and small water park / splash pad for kids.
While considering this is more of an upscale property, you can find some “deals” with room rates. We normally don’t pay more than $150 per night. Just be aware than parking costs and resort fees can add an additional $50+ per night.
Less expensive hotel options include the Fairfield Inn and Suites Orlando by SeaWorld or the Residence Inn Orlando at SeaWorld. While slightly longer than what we would consider walking distance, these hotels can be found from around $100 per night and do not have resort fees.
In addition to the official hotels, SeaWorld has four “Partner Hotels” which include:
- Hilton Orlando International Drive
- LaQuinta Inn and Suites
- LaQuinta Inn & Suites by Wyndham Orlando IDrive Theme Parks
- Blue Heron Beach Resort
The benefits of staying at a SeaWorld official or partner hotel are comparable to those offered by on-site hotels at Walt Disney World and Universal Orlando.
- Priority Entry to SeaWorld and Aquatica
- 10% of Dining at SeaWorld, Aquatica and Discovery Cove
- 10% off merchandise purchase of $50 or more at SeaWorld, Aquatica and Discovery Cove
- Complimentary Transportation to SeaWorld and Aquatica (Official Hotels)
- Complimentary access to the SeaWorld Rescue Tour(Official Hotels)