The Hotel Kinetic Orlando Universal Boulevard is one of the newer Marriott branded hotels located near the Universal Orlando Resort in Orlando, Florida. Recently converted from the former Crowne Plaza, this hotel is a good value for the price and is very well located near Universal, SeaWorld Orlando, the Orange County Convention Center and the International Drive attractions.
Located approximately two miles from the Universal parking garage, this 400-room hotel features studios as well as one- and two-bedded rooms as well as junior suites and a Presidential Suite. Amenities include a heated outdoor pool, fully equipped fitness center and an on-site restaurant that is open for breakfast, lunch and dinner service. There is also more than 14,500 square feet of event space that can accommodate up to 420 guests.
The hotel is part of the Marriott Bonvoy rewards program where members can earn and use points during their stay. In addition, Marriott offers a “Best Rate Guarantee” when making a reservation using any “official” Marriott reservation channel.
If you thinking about staying at Hotel Kinteic or any of the amazing hotels in the Orlando area, we would appreciate if you can use our links when making the reservations. Endless Summer is an affiliate with Marriott and receives a small commission for each stay that was referred by our website.
The Hotel Kinetic – Frequently Asked Questions
What are the hotel rates at the Hotel Kinetic?
Depending on the time of year, hotel rates at the Hotel Kinetic typically average from around $150 per night for a standard room to more than $250 per night for the suites.
During our last stay on February 18th and 19th, 2023, we used 26,000 Marriott Bonvoy points to reduce the hotel rate to $70.00 per night.
How close is the Hotel Kinetic to the Universal Orlando theme parks?
The Hotel Kinetic is located 1.7 miles south the Universal Orlando Resort along Universal Boulevard. It is less than a 10 minute drive to the parking garage entrance.
While it is possible to walk, it would take approximately 30 minutes to do so.
How close is the Hotel Kinetic to Universal Orlando and the Walt Disney World theme parks?
Hotel Kinetic is located approximately two miles south of the Universal Orlando Resort and about 8 miles from Walt Disney World.
Is there a Resort Fee or Parking Charge at Hotel Kinetic?
As of February there were no resort fees or parking charges at Hotel Kinetic.
Does Hotel Kinetic offer theme park transportation?
At this time Hotel Kinetic does not offer transportation to the local area theme parks.
Is there a nice pool at Hotel Kinetic?
There is a fair-sized outdoor pool with a hot tub at the rear of the hotel which has ample patio seating and a poolside Tiki Bar that serves cocktails and light bites.
What are the food & beverage options at Hotel Kinetic?
Hotel Kinetic features Elements Bar & Grill which is a full-service restaurant that is open for breakfast, lunch and dinner. There is also the poolside Aqua Tiki Bar and a gift shop that sells beverages & snacks.
What is the pet policy at Hotel Kinetic?
Hotel Kinetic a pet friendly hotel allowing up to two pets weighing 75 pounds or less. There is a $100.00 non-refundable fee per room for the length of the stay.
The Location of Hotel Kinetic
Hotel Kinetic has one of the most convenient locations near the Universal Orlando Resort, just two miles south along Universal Boulevard. The hotel is also very close to International Drive, and Sand Lake Road and Interstate 4. Overall, Hotel Kinetic is well located near all the Orlando area theme parks, the Orange County Convention Center and several of Orlando’s major shopping & entertainment destinations.
Hotel Kinetic Orlando Universal Boulevard
7800 Universal Boulevard
Orlando, Florida 32819
It will take travelers about 20 to 25 minutes to get to the hotel from the Orlando International Airport and around 10 minutes to get to the Orlando / Orange County Convention Center.
There are several restaurants and retail venues within a very short distance to the hotel which include Giordano’s, Cooper’s Hawk, Perkins Restaurant, a Wawa gas station / convenience store and a Starbucks. Additional shopping outlets and restaurants are located nearby along International Drive.
Theme parks and other local destinations are short distance to the hotel. Per Google Maps, travel time is as follows (non-peak hours):
- The Universal Orlando Resort: Approximately 5 minute drive
- Disney Springs at the Walt Disney World Resort: Approximately 20 minutes.
- The Magic Kingdom Park at the Walt Disney World Resort: Approximately 25 minutes.
- EPCOT at the Walt Disney World Resort: Approximately 20 minutes.
- Disney’s Hollywood Studios at the Walt Disney World Resort: Approximately 25 minutes.
- Disney’s Animal Kingdom at the Walt Disney World Resort: Approximately 25 minutes.
- SeaWorld Orlando: Less than 15 minutes.
- ICON Park: Less than 5 minutes.
- Downtown Orlando: Approximately 20 minutes.
- Vineland Premium Outlets: Approximately 20 minutes.
- Orlando Premium Outlets: Less than 10 minutes.
Hotels Amenities at the Hotel Kinetic
At just 400-rooms in size, the Hotel Kinetic is not of the the major resort hotels in the area outside of the Universal Orlando Resort so it does not have all the features & amenities of the larger properties. However, it’s amenities are considered to be adequate and include:
Outdoor Swimming Pool
The hotel features an outdoor pool at the rear of the property which has a hot tub and poolside Tiki Bar that service cocktails, beer & wine. While there are no significant water features, it is just enough to cool off after a hot day at the theme parks.
The pool is open daily from 7:00 AM to Midnight and towels are provided at the pool entrance.
Hotel Kinetic also has a large fitness center that features a number of cardiovascular machines as well as strength training equipment.
Additional Amenities at Hotel Kinetic include:
- On-site theme park ticket center
- On-site Gift Shop
- Free coffee & tea
- On-site laundry facilities
- Complimentary Wi-Fi throughout the hotel
The Rooms and Hotel Rates at Hotel Kinetic
At 400-rooms, Hotel Kinetic is considered a mid-sized hotel for this area. In-room amenities include flat panel televisions with streaming capabilities, working desk with chair, mini-refrigerator, coffee maker, iron / ironing board, in-room safe and a hair dryer.
Hotel Kinetic Room Types
- Guest room with One King Bed: Includes 255 square feet of living space with a king sized bed.
- Guest with Two Queen Beds: Includes 315 square feet of living space with two queen sized beds.
- Deluxe Room – 1 King: Includes 315 square feet of living space with a king sized bed.
- Deluxe Room – 2 Queens: Includes 315 square feet of living space with two queen sized beds.
- Junior Suite – 1 King: Includes 315 square feet of living space with a king sized bed and sofa bed.
- Presidential Suite: Includes 880 square feet of living space with a king sized bed and one and one-half bathrooms. There is a large living area with a sofa, dining area and wet bar area.
The hotel rates shown below are the best available rate for different dates during the year for two adults in three different room types. Theses were obtained from the Marriott web site at the time of publication.
|Rates for 2022||6/15/23||9/15/23||12/15/23|
|1 King Room||$195.00||$152.00||$209.00|
|2 Queen Room||$215.00||$209.00||$229.00|
There is a 6% resort tax on top of a 6.5% sales tax on nightly rate but there are no parking or resort fees.
What We Liked about Hotel Kinetic:
There are many different things to like at this hotel. Following are some of the highlights:
- Great location near Universal Orlando
- Very good value for the money
- Near restaurants and shopping
What We Didn’t Like about the Hotel Kinetic
There were a few things not to like when staying at the this hotel which include:
- Limited on-site dining options
- Parking was limited during the evening hours
- Some evidence of deferred maintenance in the hotel
What We Think Hotel Kinetic is Perfect For:
The Hotel Kinetic is great for a wide variety of travelers visiting the Universal Orlando Resort or the greater Orlando area is perfect for:
- Guests visiting Universal Orlando and other Orlando area theme parks
- Business meetings and / or special events