The Hilton Orlando Lake Buena Vista is one of the premier hotels in the Disney Springs Resort area. The hotel features 814-rooms in a single ten-story building, is a AAA Four-Diamond property and is located just across the street from the Disney Springs shopping, dining and entertainment complex.
Originally opened in 1983, the Hilton recently completed a $25 million renovation which included the rooms and common areas. The property is an Official Walt Disney World Hotel that provides an array of guests benefits that are almost exclusively offered to on-site Disney hotels and resorts.
At the time of most recent stay there were a number of hotel features that were not available due to COVID restrictions. Once reopened, we will update this hotel tour and review.
About the Hilton Orlando Lake Buena Vista
The Hilton Orlando Lake Buena Vista is located in the Disney Springs Resorts Area of the Walt Disney World Resort. This area features seven individual resort hotels, each of which are “flagged” by a major hotel brand. The area is highlighted by the Disney Springs that is located at the intersection of Hotel Plaza Boulevard and East Buena Vista Drive.
The resort hotels located in the Disney Springs Resort Area are as follows:
- Hilton Orlando Lake Buena Vista
- Hilton Orlando Buena Vista Palace
- DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Orlando
- B Resort & Spa Lake Buena Vista
- Holiday Inn Orlando Lake Buena Vista
- Wyndham & Wyndham Garden Lake Buena Vista
- Drury Plaza Hotel Orlando Lake Buena Vista
While technically the Disney Springs Resort Area hotels are not considered “on-site” Disney properties (and not owned by Disney) these resorts are “Official” Walt Disney World hotels. Official Walt Disney World hotels provide a host of benefits that are primarily offered to on-site Disney hotel properties.
Disney Springs Resort Area hotel benefits include:
- Extra Magic Hours
- Fastpass+ Reservations
- Free Theme Park Shuttle Service
- Exclusive Savings Passport
- On-site Ticket Desk
Click here to see our Complete Guide to the Disney Springs Area Hotels for 2021
Hilton Orlando Lake Buena Vista Location
The Hilton is located on Hotel Plaza Boulevard which is one of the main entrance roadways to the Disney Springs Resort Area. Guests can get to the hotel from Interstate 4 by using the Apopka Vineland Road exit (exit 68), and head north to Hotel Plaza Boulevard. The Hilton is the last hotel on the left side before reaching East Buena Vista Drive.
The Hilton Orlando Lake Buena Vista – Disney Springs Area
1751 Hotel Plaza Boulevard
Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830
It is a fairly direct route from the Orlando International Airport via SR 528 (the Beachline Expressway) to Interstate 4 west or State Road 417 to World Center Drive which becomes Epcot Center Drive at Interstate 4. Barring any significant traffic issues, it will take approximately 30 minutes to get from the airport to the resort. The Orlando / Orange County Convention Center is also close the hotel, just 10 miles along Interstate 4 east towards downtown Orlando.
Since the Hilton is located within the boundaries of the Walt Disney World Resort, all four Disney theme parks as well as the two Disney water parks and Disney Springs are a very short distance (and even walking distance to Disney Springs).
Travel time per Google Maps (non-peak hours) to the other Orlando area theme parks and significant destinations include:
- The Universal Orlando Resort: approximately 20 minutes
- SeaWorld Orlando: approximately 10 minutes
- ICON Park: approximately 15 minutes
- Downtown Orlando: approximately 25 minutes
- Vineland Premium Outlets: approximately 10 minutes
- The Mall at Millenia: approximately 20 minutes
- The Florida Mall: approximately 25 minutes
In addition to the hotel amenities indicated below, the Hilton features an on-site car rental desk, valet parking and an on-site Disney planning services.
BOOK DIRECTLY FROM HILTON AND SAVE – Click here for hotel rates at the Hilton at Disney Springs
About Disney Springs
Originally built in 1975 as the Lake Buena Vista Shopping Village, Disney Springs is a 120-acre outdoor shopping, dining and entertainment development. Larger than most major indoor malls, the property underwent a rebranding in 2013 that massively expanded the complex into four distinct neighborhoods that comprise
- Over 100 retail stores, pavilions and kiosks
- More than 60 restaurants and lounges
- 23 attractions, shows and events
Unlike many of the other Disney attractions, there is no admission charge to enter Disney Springs and parking is free in one of its three parking garages or surface lots.
Some of the major attractions, restaurants and retail store at Disney Springs include:
- Cirque du Soleil
- AMC Disney Springs 24
- House of Blues Music Hall
- NBA Experience
- Splitsville Luxury Lanes
- World of Disney (the largest Disney store at 51,000 sf)
- Planet Hollywood
- The Boathouse
- Morimoto Asia
- The Coca-Cola Store
- The Lego Store
Click here to see our Complete Guide to Disney Springs for 2021
Hotels Amenities at the Hilton Orlando Lake Buena Vista
Amenities at the this resort are typical of other similar class hotels in the Orlando tourist area. However, the Hilton was originally constructed in 1983 so it lacks some of the more modern features including a water park. Overall, the property does not lack in amenities.
Amenities at the Hilton Orlando Lake Buena Vista include:
- Two heated pools, a children’s splash pool and whirlpool tubs.
- Poolside bar and restaurant.
- A fully equipped fitness center with a variety of cardiovascular equipment, strength training machines and dumbbells.
- Shuttle bus service to the Disney theme parks
- An on-site business center, FedEx Office store and computer terminals.
- Video area
- On-site guest laundry
- Concierge Desk
- Valet parking
Dining at the Hilton Orlando Lake Buena Vista
There are a seven different dining options available at the Hilton Orlando Lake Buena Vista which include quick service, casual and fine dining.
- Benihana Steakhouse and Sushi
- John Ts
- Mainstreet Market (Grab and Go)
- Rum Largo Poolside Bar & Cafe
- Andiamo (Italian restaurant)
- Disney Character Dining (breakfast)
- In-room dining
The Hilton is very unique as it hosts character dining (breakfast) with a number of the most popular Disney characters.
Rooms at the Hilton Orlando Lake Buena Vista
Rooms and suites feature premium linens, high quality bathroom finishes, flat panel televisions and mini-refrigerators.
The room types at the Hilton Orlando Lake Buena Vista are as follows:
- One king bed – PURE Wellness room
- Two queen beds – PURE Wellness room
- One king bed – Disney Springs view
- Two queen beds – Disney Springs view
- One king bed – Traditional guest room
- Two queen beds – Traditional guest room
- Junior Suite – One king bed
- Junior Suite – Two queen beds
- One Bedroom Suite – One king bed and parlor
- One Bedroom Suite – Two queen beds and parlor
- Studio Suite with king wall bed and sofabed
- Two Bedroom Suite – one king / two queen beds
All the rooms at this resort were recently renovated and feature alarm clock, coffee maker / tea service, in-room safe, flat panel televisions featuring HBO, ESPN, CNN and pay-per-view movies, complimentary high-speed internet and room service.
The PURE Wellness rooms undergo a 7-steop purification process with air filtration that removes p to 99.9% of pollutants and allergens.
Conferences and Events at the Hilton Orlando Lake Buena Vista
While not the largest in the Disney / Orlando area, the Hilton’s convention and event facilities are more than adequate for all the largest conventions. The facility is perfect for small to mid-sized corporate meetings, weddings and trade shows.
There is 78,000 square feet of flexible meeting space with three ballrooms, more than 18,000 square feet of exhibit space, 38 breakout meeting rooms, an 18,101 square foot meeting room and extensive outdoor function venues. The Hilton also offers exclusive access to Disney Theme Park venues, Disney Event Group and The Disney Institute.
Hotels Rates at the Hilton Orlando Lake Buena Vista
Rates are this resort vary for different dates throughout the year. The rates shown below are the best available rate for two adults in three different room types offered at the Hilton Orlando Lake Buena Vista.
The following rates were obtained from the hotel web site at the time of publication.
|Rates for 2021||3/5 – 3/7||6/11 – 6/13||10/15 – 10/17|
|Standard Guest Room – 2 Queen Beds||$97.00||$170.00||$173.00|
|Disney Springs View – 2 Queen Beds||$113.00||$189.00||$193.00|
|Junior Suite – 2 Double Beds||$137.00||$217.00||$222.00|
BOOK DIRECTLY FROM HILTON AND SAVE
There is a resort fee of $35 per day as well a 6% resort tax on top of a 6.5% sales tax on rates for this hotel. Other charges include an on-site parking fee of $22 per day and enhanced internet can be purchased for $14.95 per day.
The resort fee includes wi-fi, Disney bus transportation, 4 beverage vouchers, 60 minutes of local calls, DVDNow movie rentals and attraction discount tickets.
What We Liked about the Hilton Orlando Lake Buena Vista
There are so many things to like at the Hilton Orlando Lake Buena Vista. Following are some of the highlights:
- Next Door to Disney Springs: You can walk directly to Disney Springs in less than 5 minutes. There is even a walking bridge over Hotel Plaza Boulevard and East Buena Vista Drive.
- Disney Benefits Transportation: Extra Magic Hours, 60-day advance FastPass+ and complimentary shuttle bus service throughout the Walt Disney World resort.
- Location: This hotel has an excellent location on the grounds of the Walt Disney World Resort adjacent to Disney Springs and is within the heart of the tourist service district.
- Overall Quality: From the lobby area to the service, this hotel pays attention to details.
What We Didn’t Like about the Hilton Orlando Lake Buena Vista
There is little not to like at the Hilton Orlando Lake Buena Vista but there were a few things that we found to negatively effect our stay.
- Ancillary Costs: Resort fees of $35 per day and self parking of $22 per day (coupled with a total of 12.5% in taxes, this can easily increase the cost of your visit by more than 30%).
- Hotel Age: At 30 years old, the Hilton is started to show its age with respect to its design and features. While we do consider the lobby and common area of the hotel to be spacious and modern, the bathrooms are small for a hotel of this caliber and the resort as a whole lacks significant waterpark features (large slides, lazy river, etc.).
What We Think the Hilton Orlando Lake Buena Vista
This hotel has so much to offer in just about every area and we consider it perfect for the travelers who are coming to the Orlando area for:
- Family Walt Disney World vacations
- Couples weekend getaways
- Small to mid-sized business conferences in the Orlando area
- Disney golf outings
Endless Summer Recommendation: If you are plan on spending time at Disney Springs, the Hilton is perfect as you can walk out the back door and be right in the Marketplace neighborhood in about 5 minutes.
Our Endless Summer Hotel Rating
We consider this hotel one of the more desirable hotels in the Disney Springs Resorts Area. As a result we rate the Hilton Orlando Lake Buena Vista at Disney Springs a 4.0 out of a possible 5 stars and would recommend it for your next trip to visit the Walt Disney World Resort.